20 dollars or less, let's see them! - Page 506
Like Tree17373Likes

Thread: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

Page 506 of 522 FirstFirst ... 6 406 456 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 5215

Re: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

Quote Originally Posted by manchette View Post
    Hello ;)
    If you know any good seller for reliable Hmts please share, this one looks brillant :) (i've got one but it did not worked long).
    I purchased mine from eBay seller vintagewatchesforuk. They are still going strong after more than a year.

Nicolas

[edit] pictured here:

Those HMTs look like redials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dropmyload View Post

I'm almost positive they are. You can't have everything for a dozen bucks
    ObiWonWD40 and dropmyload like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dropmyload View Post

They make ORIGINAL dial HMTs? When did that happen?😋
    ObiWonWD40, mougino and peternic1 like this.

Battery changed, no problem, but I had the bastard of all jobs to adjust the bracelet. Ended up taking a link off with a hacksaw. Happy enough with the watch though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hoonnu, mougino and dave47 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mougino View Post
    I purchased mine from eBay seller vintagewatchesforuk. They are still going strong after more than a year.

Nicolas

[edit] pictured here:
    i bought one frankenwatch from them and the crown is so hard to turn i just dont use the watch
    dave47 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mougino View Post

Nicolas

[edit] pictured here:
    That's a good seller on eBay. Bought a couple from them before. Good decent quality compared to other sellers. Watches are at least keep decent time.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
    mougino and dave47 like this.

Hello,
    I checked, i actually have bought my Hmt from the same vintagewatchesforuk seller. I can't wind it, and the second hand is not moving.
    When i wear it the second hand does not move, when i check it a bit on the wrist the second hand moves 5 seconds and stops, then 5 seconds and stops etc...
    It is very difficult to find someone willing to look at this kind of watch in Europe i'm afraid. Is there something i can do easily to help it to work ?
    I'm wondering what is the % of bad product with this type of watch/movement, but maybe i bought the wrong one (?).
    Time is money.
    What does the second hand of a watch say every time it crosses the hour hand ? ... Wait a minute, I'm going for a walk.
    En patois charentais, avoir la "goule benèze" signifie avoir bien mangé. | In Charente patois, having the "goule benèze" means having eaten well.

Hello,
    I checked, i actually have bought my Hmt from the same vintagewatchesforuk seller. I can't wind it, and the second hand is not moving.
    When i wear it the second hand does not move, when i check it a bit on the wrist the second hand moves 5 seconds and stops, then 5 seconds and stops etc...
    It is very difficult to find someone willing to look at this kind of watch in Europe i'm afraid. Is there something i can do easily to help it to work ?
    I'm wondering what is the % of bad product with this type of watch/movement, but maybe i bought the wrong one (?).
    To be honest may be a bit of a luck involved when buying. I bought 5 watches, 2 from vintagewatchesforuk, 3 from 2 diff sellers.

4 was ok and 1 had this problem where there second hand was jerking and has an accuracy of +10mins per hour!! So it's sitting in a box for now. The other four are perfect.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
    mougino and manchette like this.

It's less inherent qualities of the movement than the appalling state of the movements in these sorts of thrown together fantasy redial watches sold on Ebay. Out of four such watches I bought years ago for the Hell of it, every one when opened proved to be dirty, unoiled or minimally oiled, and corroded. I doubt any such watches in this peculiar slice of the market are actually in good condition. If they run accurately at all, it's by sheer accident, and they will not do so for long. (Note that I'm speaking of the slapdash redial watches sold on Ebay, not HMT watches in their original state; though many of those too suffered poor lubrication, they at least used new, unrusted parts assembled in relatively clean conditions.)

Though the movement is quite simple and could be worked on by any watchmaker, the cheap Ebay redial HMTs are certainly not worth paying anyone to work on. If you have the inclination, you could buy some tools and learn to disassemble, clean, and reassemble a movement; you would spend many times the value of the watch doing so, but you'd have the tools and gain experience which you could reuse in the future. Short of that, I'd just put it in a drawer to serve as spare parts in case you ever find an HMT worth having someone restore, if indeed it has any salvageable parts at all.

Edit to add: I hate to sound so negative, but there's really no way around the fact these poorly rebuilt watches are not good for much more than a lark. If you're truly interested in finding a good original HMT, they exist and do not even have to be terribly expensive, but you must "buy the seller" and shop carefully. The many HMT experts posting regularly in the HMT threads here in f71 are invaluable resources who can help you find these.
    goberm, manchette and dave47 like this.
    - Stephen

Thread Information