20 dollars or less, let's see them! - Page 510
Like Tree17382Likes

Thread: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

Page 510 of 522 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5218

Re: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

Just love this design and its simplicity.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clubwdw View Post
    Brand? I have purchased 2 of these now in the exact same style. . .on the first, the buttons are decorative and on the second, the plungers push in but they do nothing. Would also love a link to the seller or at least the name.
    Hi. I don't know if anyone answered your question here. The brand is Jenesis. Stupid name, good watch. I've bought two of of these, one silver and one rose gold, and they're actually very good. All the subdials do work, and they may even be all stainless cases as claimed. I bought mine from AliExpress. I don't remember the particular store, but here's a link to a store that has them quite cheap. Hope that helps if someone hasn't already responded.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3306...chweb201603_53
    ObiWonWD40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peternic1 View Post
    Hi. I don't know if anyone answered your question here. The brand is Jenesis. Stupid name, good watch. I've bought two of of these, one silver and one rose gold, and they're actually very good. All the subdials do work, and they may even be all stainless cases as claimed. I bought mine from AliExpress. I don't remember the particular store, but here's a link to a store that has them quite cheap. Hope that helps if someone hasn't already responded.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3306...chweb201603_53
    Sometimes I wonder why can't these Chinese brands have proper nice sounding names. So far the ones which are somewhat acceptable I've seen are:

Tevise
    Cadisen
    Naviforce

Jenesis!!!! Oh my...who is advising these people!!

What do you guys think?

OvrSteer likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by funktionz View Post
    Sometimes I wonder why can't these Chinese brands have proper nice sounding names. So far the ones which are somewhat acceptable I've seen are:

Tevise
    Cadisen
    Naviforce

Jenesis!!!! Oh my...who is advising these people!!

What do you guys think?

If you haven't seen this thread already, check out SLOAR and https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/sp...l#post49230277
    funktionz likes this.

Well, it could be 創世紀 (Genesis), Genesis this is certainly as strange for them as 創世紀 is for us. and maybe it'll soon be 創世紀 (untranslated) ... we already have many things untranslated in other languages.
    So i'm glad it is Jenesis so far, maybe J's pronunciation was misleading (?)
    ..Actually it should be perfectly named if called Genèse as in my language ;)
    Last edited by manchette; September 29th, 2019 at 19:22.
    Hoonnu likes this.
    Time is money.
    What does the second hand of a watch say every time it crosses the hour hand ? ... Wait a minute, I'm going for a walk.
    En patois charentais, avoir la "goule benèze" signifie avoir bien mangé. | In Charente patois, having the "goule benèze" means having eaten well.

Nice $10 watchName:  IMG_20190929_131732956_1569794710501.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.74 MBName:  IMG_20190928_192540348_1569794809456.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  1.63 MB
    ramrod77, Hoonnu, Bertl and 2 others like this.

20 dollars or less, let's see them!

Was giving my dad a new timex I acquired but he said he doesn’t wear them anymore. Then he says I have one you can have.... a rocawear. Although I dont like it I graciously said thanks. He then asked me if I have watches. I explain that I’m sort of a budget collector with 30 or so watches. He says heres another one I’ve had for 20 or so years, great I thought, I could use another rocawear lol. He then gave me the second watch in the pictures... an accutron. I was more than happy.

Hoonnu, ObiWonWD40, Bertl and 2 others like this.

Question Re: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

So here I am sitting there on a Cold, Wet, Dull, Horrible Monday, feeling totally sorry for myself when I thought that I had not seen a decent under $20 watch to buy for quite a while!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INFANTRY-...wAAOSwkwha63hy

So a quick scour of the eBay Bargain Basement came up with the above. Now I admit to knowing B-All about this make, but I deduce that it is Chinese made to sell but have a flavour of Swiss Military about it? I think?? But there was this picture:

Name:  InfantryWatch.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  82.0 KB

Which looks interesting? Maybe??

This next Picture shows the Specs, and they say, along with Stainless Steel strap and Case "Precision Japanese Quartz" for the movement?

Name:  InfantryWatch-2.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  70.0 KB

So I am cogitating, for just £8.99 that is less than I just spent at lunchtime for two sandwiches and a couple of Cappuccino for the Mem Sahib and I. OK today it was great, we both got a decent sandwich from M&S and the Coffee in Nero's is normally very good. But like I have said before you have to shop around! But this might be a great Military Style watch or a Stylish Paper Weight

Anyway, the rain on the roof of the Conservatory is now deafening so I will think about it for a bit!

Very best regards,
    Jim
    Bertl, ramrod77, Hoonnu and 1 others like this.
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Laughing Re: 20 dollars or less, let's see them!

OK so now I am one Happy Bunny

Having said that I was Severely Distressed as I had not found a Watch Bargain to Squander my hard earned Dosh on! I came across this for a Stupid Price on Ye Olde FleaBay!

Name:  Invicta21927.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  181.6 KB

OK so it is an Invicta that has a Recommended Retail Price of $0,000 I guess as most of them do. (Has anybody ever heard of anybody really buying an Invicta Watch at Retail Price?)

So Back to the plot, and yes I am dragging this out for effect and I am Chuffed to Rocks, to use a British Phrase.

So let me drag it out a bit more by sharing the Sales Blurb with you:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Invicta 21927 men's Pro Diver black dial steel & silicone strap chronograph watch is offered, in a solid stainless steel case. This model is made in dimensions of 48mm across and 17mm high. This watch has a unidirectional rotating black accented bezel and a textured push/pull main crown with function pushers. Invicta 21927 is fitted with a silver stainless steel and black silicone rubber strap. Securing the strap is a pin buckle clasp made in stainless steel.

The dial is black and it features tasteful sized, dot hour markers and white accents silver tone luminous sword shaped skeleton hands for optimum readability. Located on the flange is a minutes/seconds scale. Invicta 21927 also features a chronograph and date display window. This watch has a flame fusion crystal for scratch resistance. Running this fine model is Chinese made ISA 6371D quartz movement. The water resistance comes in at 100 meters. The Invicta 21927 watch is brand new in its original packaging and is backed by 3 years limited warranty.

So let me ask you, if you went onto Amazonian dot Com, how much would you expect to pay on a good day with a fair wind?

Would it be Sub $20 to qualify to be entered in this esteemed Thread?

This is a direct copy from the eBay Listing, I will explain why later and include a link.

Invicta Men's Watch Pro Diver Scuba Quartz Chronograph Analog Black Dial 21927
    Item information
    Condition:
    New with tags
    Quantity:
    5 available 2 sold in 1 hour

US $9.87
    Approximately £8.02
    Buy another -
    Add to basket -

Add to list

Yes I did have to look at this twice and refresh the screen before I hit the BuyItNow button!

The postage from the US was more than the cost of the watch, but for $9.87 for that Spec with a Swiss ISA Quartz movement I guess that it is either a really stupendous bargain, or there has been a bit of keyboard trouble and somebody has missed out a zero or something. But however I have bought it and paid for it and eBay don't take it well if a seller tries to get out of a deal, but I still reckon I have a 50/50 chance of getting away with this one.

But I will cross my fingers and keep you posted. I will post a link to the listing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Invicta-M...72.m2749.l2649

It may or may not come off for you, but the price is the same as at 17:50 UK BST!

Having said that, this may not come off for me, It should be OK for Customs as below £18 it is not liable, and if I get it for real, then I am going to Claim not only the Under $20 deal for 2019, but the under $10 Deal Too!!

But I have to make a confession, this could be my punishment from the Watch Gods, as I don't really like the watch! But should it arrive, let me say here and now very Clearly! That I LOVE IT! I will be wearing it on every unsuitable occasion that arises and I don't care if it makes me look like Mr Richard Head

I still fear that I am going to get an email telling me that the order has been rejected or something, don't know how far I could or should push it with eBay if it happens? Any comments would be helpful.

Very best regards,
    Jim
    Bertl, tvterry1, Hoonnu and 1 others like this.
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ObiWonWD40 View Post
    OK so now I am one Happy Bunny

OK so it is an Invicta that has a Recommended Retail Price of $0,000 I guess as most of them do. (Has anybody ever heard of anybody really buying an Invicta Watch at Retail Price?)

Very best regards,
    Jim
    Yes sir.. I bought the Invicta Mickey Mouse Automatic with NH35 movement at full MSRP.. of 139 or so.

Wruw by Wolfsatz, on Flickr
    Hoonnu and dave47 like this.
    ... What time is it? ...

Thread Information