Affordable dive watch
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Affordable dive watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Affordable dive watch

Hey Watchuseek
    This i my first post here, but I hoped you could help me. I've been looking to upgrade my dive watch, which is invicta 8926ob. I find it a little small for my wrist(7.5 inch), but overall a decent watch.
    I've been looking at watches like:
    Skx009
    Orient ray 2 and kano
    Seiko Ssc618
    Citizen Promaster
    I have limited options to actually find a place were i can try, beside from the skx. You guys have any advice? would like to find one under 300£ and with decent lume. Thanks a lot

Re: Affordable dive watch

Welcome to the forum!

San Martin makes affordable Seiko homages with better specs than the originals (typically NH35 movement, sapphire crystal and Swiss SuperLuminova C3 lume): Turtle, Skx, Tuna, 62mas... you name it. They're available for about half your price on www.heimdallr.watch

ohhenry1 and Dub Rubb like this.

I had an Invicta Pro Diver as my first dive watch. I wanted an upgrade, too, though, so I got an SKX007. The SKX definitely has a better look and feel, and just seems a lot more solid and well made. Parts of the Invicta feel tinny, but nothing about the SKX feels that way... well, except maybe the bracelet, but that's an easy fix. There's also none of that blingy polish trying to look like a Rolex on the SKX like there is all over the Invicta.

After getting the SKX, the Invicta pretty much lives in my watch box. The one drawback for me was the movement, which is inferior on the SKX due to lack of hacking and handwind. I swapped it for an NH36 which was a fun project and now I have the perfect dive watch. I see no reason to get another one.

And yes, I know there have been some hype-driven price spikes on the SKX recently, but you can still get them for around $200 (£160-ish).
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ramo123 View Post
    Hey Watchuseek
    This i my first post here, but I hoped you could help me. I've been looking to upgrade my dive watch, which is invicta 8926ob. I find it a little small for my wrist(7.5 inch), but overall a decent watch.
    I've been looking at watches like:
    Skx009
    Orient ray 2 and kano
    Seiko Ssc618
    Citizen Promaster
    I have limited options to actually find a place were i can try, beside from the skx. You guys have any advice? would like to find one under 300£ and with decent lume. Thanks a lot
    Like me, it would appear you are from the UK, although I am confused that you have put £ after the number? If you do live here the only ones that you will be able to try on are the SKX and the Citizen Promaster. I own an SKX, and whilst it is a beautiful and iconic watch, technically it is a bit naf and overpriced. I have a 200m WR Promaster Radio controlled watch, which is a far better watch, albeit quartz obviously. There are some really good options though, but you won't be able to try them. That said, with your wrist size 42mm-44mm should be perfect. If you don't mind quartz Amazon presently have the Phoibos 300m diver on sale for £100. Other than that keep a look out for the Phoibos Reef Master with the NH35 movement. I am wearing one as we speak, and it's fantastic. You may also want to have a look at Heimdallr/Sharkey, which are fantastic watches. Another great watch is the Orient Kamasu, which you mentioned. I have the red version and it is stunning. One of the few Orient divers with a sapphire crystal. There is an eBay seller knocking them out at £189 at the moment.
    Name:  Orient Kamasu.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  3.85 MB
    Name:  Phoibos reef master.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.39 MB
    Always likely to change, but here we go

Chris Ward C60-600 Trident - 3 x Seikos, including an SKX009 - 3 x Tissot, two of which are PRC200s - 3x Rotary Les Originals - 4x Orients, one of which is a Kamasu - 3x Invictas, including a Disney - a radio controlled Citizen - a Didun design AP Royal Oak homage - a Bulova Precionist - 2 x Victorinox including an INOX - a golf watch - a Casio Edifice Red Bull - a Phoibos Reef Master - 2x Sharkey dive watches - A Stuhrling 200m WR diver - 11x Parnis watches of various description - and a £5 cheapy to knock around in.

Another vote for Phoibos, they have killer lume and great customer service. I can partially recommend Ventus as the Northstar is on Kickstarter right now for your price range. I only day partially because I bought 2 and one came with a bad movement...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Go straight to the Deep Blue website and get one of these for $159 with the code DEEP. Lots more color/styles to pick from.

Name:  Deep Blue Red Dial.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  4.65 MB

Name:  deep blue blue.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  3.97 MB

The new 5KX may not be a full blooded dive watch but they are still worth considering.

I'd be sorely tempted by the Proxima Marine Master homage thats been reviewed hereabouts....tremendous amount of good looks,build quality & almost insane value.
    But you'll never go wrong with a Citizen if you prefer mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by mougino View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

San Martin makes affordable Seiko homages with better specs than the originals (typically NH35 movement, sapphire crystal and Swiss SuperLuminova C3 lume): Turtle, Skx, Tuna, 62mas... you name it. They're available for about half your price on
    These look really great both price and looks, are they as well made as the original seikos?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDisco99 View Post
    I had an Invicta Pro Diver as my first dive watch. I wanted an upgrade, too, though, so I got an SKX007. The SKX definitely has a better look and feel, and just seems a lot more solid and well made. Parts of the Invicta feel tinny, but nothing about the SKX feels that way... well, except maybe the bracelet, but that's an easy fix. There's also none of that blingy polish trying to look like a Rolex on the SKX like there is all over the Invicta.

After getting the SKX, the Invicta pretty much lives in my watch box. The one drawback for me was the movement, which is inferior on the SKX due to lack of hacking and handwind. I swapped it for an NH36 which was a fun project and now I have the perfect dive watch. I see no reason to get another one.

And yes, I know there have been some hype-driven price spikes on the SKX recently, but you can still get them for around $200 (£160-ish).
    Do you know where they are sold at that price?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wiggles View Post
    Like me, it would appear you are from the UK, although I am confused that you have put £ after the number? If you do live here the only ones that you will be able to try on are the SKX and the Citizen Promaster. I own an SKX, and whilst it is a beautiful and iconic watch, technically it is a bit naf and overpriced. I have a 200m WR Promaster Radio controlled watch, which is a far better watch, albeit quartz obviously. There are some really good options though, but you won't be able to try them. That said, with your wrist size 42mm-44mm should be perfect. If you don't mind quartz Amazon presently have the Phoibos 300m diver on sale for £100. Other than that keep a look out for the Phoibos Reef Master with the NH35 movement. I am wearing one as we speak, and it's fantastic. You may also want to have a look at Heimdallr/Sharkey, which are fantastic watches. Another great watch is the Orient Kamasu, which you mentioned. I have the red version and it is stunning. One of the few Orient divers with a sapphire crystal. There is an eBay seller knocking them out at £189 at the moment.
    Name:  Orient Kamasu.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  3.85 MB
    Name:  Phoibos reef master.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  2.39 MB
    The Phoibos is really great looking, but would like an automatic or solar movement. Do you think Kamasu would be big enough for my wrist?
    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    The new 5KX may not be a full blooded dive watch but they are still worth considering.
    They are pretty nice watches, but haven't been able to find them below 340 euro here.
    Dub Rubb likes this.

Some eBay sellers have them at decent prices, listed as brand new. I'm seeing an SKX009 for $198. The SKX007s are still higher. Cheapest I saw those brand new was about $250.

But yeah, it looks like prices have gone up again since I last looked.
    Casio DW5600E; Invicta 9094OB; Rodina R005; Red Star 1963; Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SSB033, SUP880; Timex T20041, T2H281, TW2R38000; Vostok 420059

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information