Affordable, mid-size, medium-dressy everyday wear watch - Page 3
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Affordable, mid-size, medium-dressy everyday wear watch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Affordable, mid-size, medium-dressy everyday wear watch

Slightly over your budget. Fantastic build quality. A/R blows away anything else in its budget.

IG: ikeepgoodtime

Quote Originally Posted by valuewatchguy View Post
    Slightly over your budget. Fantastic build quality. A/R blows away anything else in its budget.
    That is a nice-looking watch - a bit pricy new but looks like it could be affordable used. Thanks for the recommendation!

Any other suggestions?

I was going to suggest my newly acquired SARB017 as well for something even more different. They come on leather and I'm looking to get a new bracelet. You have options with this one and I know green is hit or miss for people, but it's my favorite color and feel that it actually goes well in most scenarios. The compass makes it a little less dressy as well so it's a pretty versatile watch. It's 39mm, but doesn't look that much smaller than my Mako when next to each other. Sapphire, 200M WR, nice movement too.

Peacemaker, What bracelet did you get? I messed up the one that came with mine by not paying attention and removing the wrong links so I'm looking for a new one. I have the hollow end links from the current bracelet that I know will fit too.

Name:  IMG_0688.JPG
Views: 518
Size:  738.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker885 View Post
    I suggest the SARG007. The size is a bit bigger than what I prefer - at around 41 ( I also want 39 - 40). It was a choice between this or the Hamilton Khaki for me. This won out in the end. Good luck on your search.

If in case you are wondering, the strap is a cheapo aftermarket, with hollow end links. I couldn't get the SARG bracelets to fit me nicely since they only have 2 micro adjustment holes.

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." - Earl Nightingale.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ABud21 View Post
    I was going to suggest my newly acquired SARB017 as well for something even more different. They come on leather and I'm looking to get a new bracelet. You have options with this one and I know green is hit or miss for people, but it's my favorite color and feel that it actually goes well in most scenarios. The compass makes it a little less dressy as well so it's a pretty versatile watch. It's 39mm, but doesn't look that much smaller than my Mako when next to each other. Sapphire, 200M WR, nice movement too.

Peacemaker, What bracelet did you get? I messed up the one that came with mine by not paying attention and removing the wrong links so I'm looking for a new one. I have the hollow end links from the current bracelet that I know will fit too.
    Thanks, I've looked at the Alpinist, but I can't get over the hands and the gold markers. It is a really unique and nice-looking watch though.

In case anyone is still following this, I finally located and bought a SARG001 - while it's a nice watch, I like it a bit less in the flesh than in pictures, but the biggest problem is that the internal bezel turns a lot easier than I expected - which plays havoc on my OCD... Not sure if I'm keeping it yet or not, only had it for a day so far.

I think my next move is trying to get a black Halios Tropik SS when I see one on F71 or when there's another shipment from Halios. Always looking for more suggestions!
    Perdendosi likes this.

Mine does too, however, I don't notice the outer bezel at all usually. Mines the green one, so my eyes are always focused on the gold numbers and hands. The green draws my eyes, the bezel part doesn't really stand out. I think I had the same thought at the beginning, but it's never been a big deal. It's pretty cool to use though!
    "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." - Earl Nightingale.

Unless I missed it, surprised the Seiko SDGM003 hasn't been suggested.

http://yeomanseiko.com/2015/01/07/se...ightz-sdgm001/

http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/s...omatic-sdgm001
    Last edited by Bosman; September 30th, 2015 at 19:03.
    Longines Hydroconquest 39mm Blue
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

Thanks, that's a nice-looking watch, but much too similar to the SARB065 that I have already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosman View Post
    Unless I missed it, surprised the Seiko SDGM003 hasn't been suggested.

Seiko Brightz – SDGM001 | Yeoman's Watch Review

SEIKO BRIGHTZ Automatic SDGM001 | seiyajapan.com

Quote Originally Posted by nyonya View Post
    Thanks, that's a nice-looking watch, but much too similar to the SARB065 that I have already.

Well, kinda yes and no....

not a domed crystal, AR Saphire glass, drilled lugs, Dia-Shield coating, a ton of watch for the coin and MUCH more "conventional" than the Cocktail time, and more "like" the sarg you mentioned in your original post, only better!
    Last edited by Bosman; September 30th, 2015 at 19:30.
    Longines Hydroconquest 39mm Blue
    Seiko SRP777
    Seiko SARB035

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information