Affordable Watches - Sporty to Dressy
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Affordable Watches - Sporty to Dressy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Affordable Watches - Sporty to Dressy

Name:  _MG_1696.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  3.21 MB

Some pretty common items all less than ~400 except the dressy rado, which was a gift.

All 'stock' save the jubilee bracelet on the Alpinist, which gets the most use, followed by the black Seiko SARB and black Rado Diastar Original.

3 quartz watches in the top section of the storage box/display case that need to be replaced over the next couple of years. Any suggestions for the 3-500 dollar range? I was thinking one of those Marathon chronographs. Also, perhaps a pilot watch. (Quartz, but used to have Seiko's E6B in gold/black back in the day when the cost of fuel was affordable and I had access to a Piper Cherokee and Cessna 172) Finally, would like a nice blue dial watch to round out the collection.
    liquidtension likes this.

Re: Affordable Watches - Sporty to Dressy

A better picture of the faces..

Name:  _MG_1727.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  3.37 MB
    MrCairo and ObiWonWD40 like this.

You managed to get a Rado Diastar for a small amount of money? Around my way anything Rado seems to involve a goodly amount of money.

If you you can find one at your local TJ maxx, a Luminox automatic chrono(using the Valjoux 7750 movement) will only set you back $399 plus tax. It is a nice watch that is an automatic chrono with a classic movement and which is titanium cased with a sapphire crystal. I have not worn another watch since I got it.

A current model Citizen Skyhawk AT would fit your pilot watch needs. It is solar, atomic time set and sapphire crystal. Plus you can find these new for under $400 in both base and Blue Angels flavors
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice spread you’ve got there. Look before you leap with the Marathon chrono as it’s got a bit of a reputation as being big.

That's a nice looking collection. Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    You managed to get a Rado Diastar for a small amount of money? Around my way anything Rado seems to involve a goodly amount of money.

If you you can find one at your local TJ maxx, a Luminox automatic chrono(using the Valjoux 7750 movement) will only set you back $399 plus tax. It is a nice watch that is an automatic chrono with a classic movement and which is titanium cased with a sapphire crystal. I have not worn another watch since I got it.

A current model Citizen Skyhawk AT would fit your pilot watch needs. It is solar, atomic time set and sapphire crystal. Plus you can find these new for under $400 in both base and Blue Angels flavors
    Thanks for the recommendations! Got the Rado at joma, out of stock, but you can see the 399 price and with pop up coupon, was something like 350 shipped. Looks like post count isn't high enough to post the link yet, but if you search R12637153 the link should come up.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Nice spread you’ve got there. Look before you leap with the Marathon chrono as it’s got a bit of a reputation as being big.
    Thanks sticky for the tip on the Marathon, The prices on the valjoux 7750 marathons have really shot up and it's now out of my price range by a long shot! I remember these used to be about a third of what they're going for on the GSA sites.

Btw journeyforce, what a great album under the skyhawk. Been waiting for a vinyl reissue forever. Growing up, my dad (teetotaler) had told me about how had drank a 'zombie' how it put him on his ass, and then hearing it mentioned in such a catchy song in my teens made 'men down under' one of my favorites. These guys deserve but don't get the 'street cred' that Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler get for similar to me music.

Also, meant to say great tip on the luminox with the 7750. That's an amazing price for that movement + tritium. Crosses 2 off the 'watch feature bucket list' in one shot.

Thanks VaEagle! Been lurking on these forums for years now and found rakuten, deep blue, etc as a result of the great advice on this forum.

we need to put a limit on what is considered affordable.

for me, the LIMIT is $250, which, I don't see a single piece under that in your collection....lol
    to each their own.

my dress to sport collection goes like this

Dress - Cadisen Diamond - $105 - 40x9x20 lugs, sapphire, miyota 9015
    Every day beater - San Martin Field - $140 - 29x12x20 lugs, sapphire, NH35
    Diver/every day casual - Orient Mako Gen 1 - $130 - 41.5x12x22 lugs, mineral, in house yada yada
    Chronograph - Parnis Daytona - 39x11x20 lugs, sapphire, ceramic, solid bracelet, Seiko VK6whatever movement.

also have some other casual watches in different colorways to swap with the Mako.

but it's a solid collection of 6 watches with a grand total price of around $700. it's complete, its well rounded, and I got a lot for the money. and everything as a pretty reliable and accurate movement that should last me for years.

I do like your collection though, but once I saw the SARB's in there, it immediately becomes a intermediate collection, not a budget one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information