Alpha Lovers Alert

Thread: Alpha Lovers Alert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alpha Lovers Alert

Ok. I would love to have the Panerai diver but I don't want to drop several grand. Have looked at the Marine diver, too. Not bad for the price. However, does anyone have this Alpha? What do you think? It's got a great price - under $50 shipped.

So many watches, so little time...

It is what it is

For $50 you can satisfy your desire for that case. Remember the Panni and even the MD have a Sapphire crystal - This is obviously mineral and with that large of a crystal with a slight convex shape, you would have to really baby it not to get it all scratched up.I like having either the sweep second hand subdial on the Unitas movement or a date window on an auto. And of course no crown protector / pressure lock.But, like you said - $50. It is what it is and with Alpha's track record here, probably not a bad way to cure a Jones for a watch if you cannot spring for the MD.

Re: It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by John L
    For $50 you can satisfy your desire for that case. Remember the Panni and even the MD have a Sapphire crystal - This is obviously mineral and with that large of a crystal with a slight convex shape, you would have to really baby it not to get it all scratched up.I like having either the sweep second hand subdial on the Unitas movement or a date window on an auto. And of course no crown protector / pressure lock.But, like you said - $50. It is what it is and with Alpha's track record here, probably not a bad way to cure a Jones for a watch if you cannot spring for the MD.
    It costs more to replace the bezel with a sapphire crystal but by the time you do, the watch will have stopped running and I can't see the point in fixing it unless you really treasure the brand. Some people don't want a hand-wound watch and as good as the IWI is, some people don't want an auto either. If you look around, you might satisfy your lust for a Poor Man's Panerai with a Rotary Elite 200 Metres watch. (See my thread on this forum.) Its an English brand and so you've got another choice. No need to buy a replica fake if you're are looking at wearing the real thing and don't have the cash to acquire one for your collection.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Alpha Lovers Alert

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdan
    Ok. I would love to have the Panerai diver but I don't want to drop several grand. Have looked at the Marine diver, too. Not bad for the price. However, does anyone have this Alpha? What do you think? It's got a great price - under $50 shipped.

I don't own it, but I do own an Alpha.

I'd save your money and get the marine diver. I think Alpha makes great Subs, but I don't really like their other homage watches.

-E
    Watches: Casio G-Shock Riseman | Vostok Amphibian |Invicta 8926 Coin | Alpha Green/Black Sub |

That watch looks about 40mm instead of a Panny-styled 44mm (although I know they also make 40mm).

Dont know about that Alpha, but im pretty sure the words out around here on these watches(pretty good for $$$). Take a look on the second page of this thread, some more choices

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=15265

I got this one for $50, pretty damn good for the price

(sorry for pic)

Quote Originally Posted by monster623az
    Dont know about that Alpha, but im pretty sure the words out around here on these watches(pretty good for $$$). Take a look on the second page of this thread, some more choices

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=15265

I got this one for $50, pretty damn good for the price

(sorry for pic)

I've seen these on the bay where they go for around $50 or so. It looks like you've had good luck with them? How's the accuracy?
    So many watches, so little time...

I keep "watching" one of these on e-bay, not necessarily the GMT, intending to get one and then forgetting about it!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    I keep "watching" one of these on e-bay, not necessarily the GMT, intending to get one and then forgetting about it!
    I might be going for the GMT and I hope no one from the forum tries to outbid me. I hate fighting with family! :-D

Havent checked accuracy, only worn it once so far, movement is smooth(for being asian anyway) and seems to run fine. My brother in law wants one now too. I wonder if you can contact the seller and see if hell give a a small discount alla pinky(ALpha), but I tried to contact the seller a week ago he never responded

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information