Antoine Clermont kickstarter advice and thoughts
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sasropakis
  • 1 Post By petalz

Thread: Antoine Clermont kickstarter advice and thoughts

Antoine Clermont kickstarter advice and thoughts

I have been looking for a sports watch with an integrated bracelet for a while. I like the look of watches such as the nautilus and the royal Oak but these are way out of my budget. I wanted to avoid a watch that was almost a complete copy as well as something with a reasonable water resistance.

I came across this on Kickstarter and wanted to see what others thought. My main concern is that it will be too big for my 6.5inch wrists with 41mm diameter and 49mm lug to lug. The largest watch I currently own has a 46mm lug to lug.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...vement-watches

Name:  IMG_4839.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  202.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Antoine Clermont kickstarter advice and thoughts

The price (super early bird $300) is not bad for the specs and especially for a Sellita SW200. It's not a direct copy of anything but it's a combination of very different styles and I'm not sure how well they work together. The case and bracelet imitate the designs by Gerald Genta and are very close to the IWC Ingenieur 3239 and the bezel finishing reminds me of Nautilus, the dial is from Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra and the hands and indexes are from Patek Philippe Calatrava. So it's kind of a mismatch of sports and dress watches but of course it's a matter of taste and it's better than have a blatant Royal Oak or Nautilus copy. The size might be a problem though. Maybe you could go to an AP dealer and try a 41mm Royal Oak for comparison...
    robbery and LosAngelesTimer like this.

Looks like a great watch. My advice would be to try on a Tudor North Flag, which has a very similar design with a 40mm diameter and 50mm lug to lug length. I reckon you'd be ok with the AC, but some of it would depend on how well the first centre link of the bracelet articulates from the watch.

I've sent them a question via KS, as I'm also interested in backing this project.
    Last edited by Dennis K; 2 Weeks Ago at 15:17.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis K View Post
    Looks like a great watch. My advice would be to try on a Tudor North Flag, which has a very similar design with a 40mm diameter and 50mm lug to lug length. I reckon you'd be ok with the AC, but some of it would depend on how well the first centre link of the bracelet articulates from the watch.

I've sent them a question via KS, as I'm also interested in backing this project.
    I hadn't thought of the north flag as similar but you are spot on with regards to the case being very similar althought this Kickstarter watch is thankfully quite a bit thinner. I will probably pop in somewhere and try it on. Great suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my NF on my 7" wrist. I think AC will wear bigger due to the male endlinks vs NF female link. Couple with crown guards so will be wider.
    Hope that helps

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Dennis K likes this.
    carpe diem...

Should be ok I think (depending on your wrist shape). This Seiko is a 41mm case (42mm bezel), 48mm length, on a 6.5" wrist. Blurry mirror shot included to improve perspective. I measure about 50mm on the top of my wrist, but that increases as you untwist your wrist like in the mirror pic.

Name:  IMG_20190701_144053~2_1561963767879.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  962.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190701_144128~2_1561963781198.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  129.2 KB

Thread Information