Any Skagen Fans?
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Any Skagen Fans?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Any Skagen Fans?

I have one Skagen - definitely affordable at $102.00 with free shipping. I do not know exactly where it fits in as to the world of watches. Very thin with dark blue dial 12/24 markings and mesh bracelet > "titanium". It usually gets positive comments when I wear it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kola55 likes this.
    _______ Bureaucrat _________
    Form Follows Function

Re: Any Skagen Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bureaucrat View Post
    I have one Skagen - definitely affordable at $102.00 with free shipping. I do not know exactly where it fits in as to the world of watches. Very thin with dark blue dial 12/24 markings and mesh bracelet > "titanium". It usually gets positive comments when I wear it.

I've seen them on QVC here in the UK, they look very attractive. I think prices are much higher over here though.

The lady from Skagen let slip that they are actually made in the far east, not in Denmark as one may think, as it says Skagen Denmark on the Dial.

Be careful with skagen... my brother has had to return his to the store and get a new one two times.....Keep your receipt handy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Skagen has some very nice watch designs, but I find most of them to be a bit on the small side for my wrist.

All of their movements are made in the far east: Japan and China. Now,the "Denmark" tag is used because the company itself was founded by a Danish couple (Henrik and Charlotte Jorst) after they moved to the United States. Their worldwide HQ is based in Reno, Nevada; however, their European HQ is based in Denmark.

Anyway, my wife owns two of them and she's never had any problems with them. Frankly, I find their designs more appealing than the other "fashion" watch brands like Fossil, Guess, Kenneth Cole, etc...
    DanishGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MMT View Post
    I like their extremely slim design, but the movements are ususally unspectacular, yet robust Japanese Miyotas. I would define Skagen as quite an
    original designer watch company, no more, no less.
    Actually, as I think it was pointed out a few months earlier, most of their watches are reduced -size copies of original designs by others. For instance, my favorite Skagen model I discovered in the orginal, as a George Jensen model. It is breathtaking, and about $800, only available as a quartz -powered watch.
    The Skagen watch of that exact model is also nice, and sells at a fraction of the price of the Jensen, but is probably half the size of the original.
    I almost bought one. It's a nice copy at a nice price, and probably will last at least a few years.
    But I'll wait until I can get the original, gently used.

Ball: Engineer Hydrocarbon Classic II White Dial, Fireman 40mm Black Dial & Orange Numeral
    Daniel Mink 200m PVD Diver
    Gevril First Generation AO111R Blued Steel Dial
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatics: H70455143 38mm Blue Dial, H7151693 42mm Black Dial Chrono
    Krieger Titanium Oceanus Chronometer #00099
    Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch

Amazin' Victorinox V7-22X Red Dial
    Zodiac: Sea Dragon 2209, 2220, 2228, 2233; Desert Hawk 2506
    Vintage Benrus
    Vintage Gruen Precision
    Vintage Movado c1945 17j 14k square ref43872
    Vintage Howard Pocketwatch

My son just gave me a Skagen Denmark Titanium for my birthday. I like the thin design and sharp looks. I think he bought it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Skagen has some very nice watch designs, but I find most of them to be a bit on the small side for my wrist.

All of their movements are made in the far east: Japan and China. Now,the "Denmark" tag is used because the company itself was founded by a Danish couple (Henrik and Charlotte Jorst) after they moved to the United States. Their worldwide HQ is based in Reno, Nevada; however, their European HQ is based in Denmark.

Anyway, my wife owns two of them and she's never had any problems with them. Frankly, I find their designs more appealing than the other "fashion" watch brands like Fossil, Guess, Kenneth Cole, etc...
    My first Skagen had a Swiss quartz movement and they have a "Swiss" line now that uses Swiss movements.
    RickH86

Certina DS Podium Automatic
    Casio BM8180-03E
    Skagen Quartz 170 LTTM

Seiko Quartz

I have one it was $20 at a garage sale plus 15 for a batery and cleaning solution.I also have a Georg Olsen thin watch with a blue dial .I like the Georg better.

While some may consider them to be fashion watches ,Skagen uses good materials .I.e ss and titanium for their cases and japanese quartz movements are extremely good in my opinion They are as good or better than swiss.Other fashion watches are****, not skagen.
    Last edited by James Haury; July 21st, 2008 at 18:33.

I'm a big Skagen Fan. I've been dying to get my hands on a 745XLSTXM, ever since I tried one on earlier this year. This is the watch I'm talking about:

The watch is 40mm wide, has a solid linked SS bracelet with a really cool center pattern; has a mineral crystal, and uses a miyota quartz (like most skagens) chrono movement. You can buy it from their site for around $250, but you can find it online for about $100-$75 less. I really like the watch. if there is anything I would change is perhaps make it a wee bit bigger, and make it mechanical. still, I really like it the way it is.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information