Anyone have one of those Marina Militare watches?

Thread: Anyone have one of those Marina Militare watches?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Anyone have one of those Marina Militare watches?

And if so how are they? I have always been "intrigued" by the Panerai look but don't think I would want to spend that much on one as I view it more of a novelty than something I would wear enough to justify the cost...which got me looking into these...

Just wondering how they were and if anyone could email or PM me a place to get one that is reputable, I have only seen a few for sale on ebay.

Thanks.

Re: Anyone have one of those Marina Militare watches?

I've been the happy owner of a MM blue dial GMT for about 6 weeks now, and I've been very pleased. Like you, I salivate for a real Panerai, but know its just not reasonable or feasible to spend that kind of money, at least not now (always hold the option open; never say never). The price point was excellent (under $200), and I am very pleased with the workmanship. It's keeping very good time (+1 to 2 minutes/week) on a Chinese automatic movement. I got mine via eBay seller helenarou, with excellent delivery time.

Another option, if you want to move up another price point, is to check out the International Watchman's Marine Diver (I have one of these also). He uses ETA automatic movements, the workmanship is just a little better, and he has better selection of the different Panerai homage models. You're in the $300-500 range with a MD.
    Last edited by booboobear; February 15th, 2008 at 21:37.

Banned

You may want to read the "sticky" thread on Panerai homage pieces located at the top of this forum.

It has all kinds of great information and just about any question you could ask or want to know about MM and Panerai Homages has been asked and answered there!

It is both a great source of information and has over 250 individual replies.

I also do not think we are supposed to give links to outside non forum sponsored vendors such as your link to IWI. You may want to remove it to save a moderator the effort of removing it for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, I just received mine in the mail (44mm destro titanium model):

I'm happy so far, but ofcourse I haven't worn it for more than a few hours yet :) We'll see how it lasts.

Just did a small photoshoot of my Marina Militare. Click on these pics for links to the Flickr pages, where you can see the full size pics, or click directly to the Flickr set.

Till recently the look did not appeal to me but lately UI have been thinking of getting one. Maybe it's the purist coming to the surface every now and then for I'd want the hand cranker model if I go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipdawg View Post
    Till recently the look did not appeal to me but lately UI have been thinking of getting one. Maybe it's the purist coming to the surface every now and then for I'd want the hand cranker model if I go for it.
    At first I wanted to go for the Power Reserve or GMT models, which are automatics, but then I decided I really wanted the lefty titanium model... which only came handwound. I'm not complaining though, it adds to the charm.

I just received mine, a Militare Marina Power Reserve in Black PVD...

There are two pieces of lint inside, near the "12" and there is some excess glue seepage from the "9". Feels nice and heavy.

The crown does not have very precise detents. It was very hard to find the middle position to adjust the date.

After about 8 hours of wearing it, it just stopped! Checked the crown, nothing. It is broken! I have emailed the seller and I'm awaiting a response. I'll post back and let you know how, "helenarou" handles this.
    My Holy Grail:

Fortis 658.27.11M

You've wound the watched right?
    Current Collection
    Steinhart - Nav.B-Chrono II

Seiko - Black Monster

Moscow Classic - Aeronavigator

Sterile Radiomir - DSN Custom
    Sterile Luminor - JOA Hamilton Custom
    Marina Militare 217 1950 case
    Marina Militare PVD Power Reserve - Roling
    Marina Militare California - Helenarou/Marinawatch

Marc Ecko - Chronograph E900

G-Shock - AW591-2A

Wish List
    Fifty Fathom Homage

Quote Originally Posted by zedd View Post
    You've wound the watched right?
    Of course. The power reserve indicator is full and I've wound the watch even further more, to be sure...

This is not my first automatic, mind you...

She / He has emailed me back and instructed me to send the watch back for an exchange. I'll keep ya posted...
    My Holy Grail:

Fortis 658.27.11M

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information