Anyone have a Richard LeGrand Odyssea? Thoughts?
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Anyone have a Richard LeGrand Odyssea? Thoughts?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Anyone have a Richard LeGrand Odyssea? Thoughts?

I know what you're thinking... suspicious account with thousands of posts and years of being a jerk on the forums. This guy must be a shill, right?

Well, let me assure you that I'm not

This was a Kickstarter watch that failed last year, re-did their campaign and succeeded. Looks like the first backers are getting theirs. I'm taking note here because unlike some KS campaigns they didn't jack the prices way up on those who didn't get in early:

https://www.richardlegrand.com/produ...tainless-steel

The "Odyssea" is a 42mm diver with an NH35 inside, lumed bezel, sapphire glass and bezel, yadda yadda. I happen to think it looks pretty nice and the going rate is $269 USD currently.

Does anyone have one with thoughts about it?

Name:  richard-legrand-odyssea-512x389.png
Views: 2537
Size:  126.4 KB
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Re: Anyone have a Richard LeGrand Odyssea? Thoughts?

Yeah, I thought this looked pretty sharp. I'd be curious to see how owners feel about it.

Looks super classy, seems like a good deal if it's quality. Like a fancy SKX.
    Last edited by ndrew3; July 18th, 2017 at 22:53.
    123robert likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I remember seeing it at the first campaign... it was at about the time that the Deaumar came out, right? Still seems like an almost-too-good-to-be-true price. I wonder what the L2L and thickness are. Because it it's svelte at all (e.g. 13mm or thinner, and <50mm l2l...) it would be a swell dress diver (at least for me... Sorry OvrSteer... :).) .

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Artix Triple Date Moonphase | Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Ball Trainmaster "First Flight" Dual Time | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Mido Multifort | Nth Naken Renegade | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Seiko 6139-7100 "Darth Vader Helmet" | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    I know what you're thinking... suspicious account with thousands of posts and years of being a jerk on the forums. This guy must be a shill, right?
    Wow, who knew that all this time Oversteer was playing the long, long con? Impressive, really, my hat's off to you. And since the watch is so appealing, I think I can forgive you. Just this once :).

Quote Originally Posted by Perdendosi View Post
    I remember seeing it at the first campaign... it was at about the time that the Deaumar came out, right? Still seems like an almost-too-good-to-be-true price. I wonder what the L2L and thickness are. Because it it's svelte at all (e.g. 13mm or thinner, and <50mm l2l...) it would be a swell dress diver (at least for me... Sorry OvrSteer... :).) .
    I feel like the movement kind of justifies (or explains?) the price, a bit underwhelming maybe but then again it's a tank.

One of the earlier KS campaign plans had it being ETA 2824-2 powered. It sounds like they ordered (at least some of) the cases when the movement supplier backed out or some other unplanned snafu happened. They regrouped with the watch using an available Seiko rather than holding on to backers' money for a year or so while they got the movement sorted (is what the articles about the company say.)

Richard LeGrand Watches Does The Right Thing | Dive Watches Blog

I'm still hoping someone has one in their hands and is willing to comment
    robbery and evritis like this.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

You had me at "years of being a jerk."

New Tapatalk Ultra gives you the same great talk but with only 98 calories per tapping.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Mine should arrive later today. I will post pics once I have it.

Here you go!

First impressions...this is a very nice watch and I am very happy with my purchase...it was a long wait but worth it! Watch came in a nice package, including 1x Rubber Strap, 1x Sail cloth strap, 2x extra pins and 1 spring bar tool. Case is very nice, perfect thickness for this size case love the brushed finish on it. Bezel is very nice and the sapphire crystal bezel overlay makes it look almost ceramic in nature, def eye catching when you look at it. I like the brushed center links on the bracelet, which is opposite of most watches I have. If there is one weak thing, I have to say its the bracelet, its nice in finish but its pretty thin, not what used to finding on a diver watch, more of a dressier bracelet. The additional straps feel very nice and look forward to trying them out on the watch. Overall a very versatile watch that can pull off many looks. EDIT: one thing to note was that in the kickstarter campaign for this watch, the rubber strap was supposed to be a deployment clasp, but did not come with one in the package. Checking on the Kickstarter page, it looks like someone else already called this out to RL and their response was it would have caused a bigger delay in getting these out so they elected to go with a normal clasp instead. Wish they would have advised that earlier on but by no means does that impact the quality of this watch.

Name:  IMG_2868.JPG
Views: 2334
Size:  90.3 KBName:  IMG_2869.JPG
Views: 2372
Size:  79.0 KBName:  IMG_2870.JPG
Views: 2373
Size:  92.7 KBName:  IMG_2871.JPG
Views: 2370
Size:  96.3 KBName:  IMG_2872.JPG
Views: 2347
Size:  79.6 KBName:  IMG_2874.JPG
Views: 2302
Size:  94.8 KBName:  IMG_2875.JPG
Views: 2365
Size:  58.6 KBName:  IMG_2878.JPG
Views: 2361
Size:  106.9 KBName:  IMG_2879.JPG
Views: 2306
Size:  93.6 KBName:  IMG_2880.JPG
Views: 2329
Size:  95.5 KB
    Last edited by Ahmad310; July 19th, 2017 at 20:47.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information