Best Submariner Homage? - Page 11
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage?

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage?

I totally agree with that, which is why the Debaufre Ocean 1 is kind of my grail watch - I would tend to think that the exterior fit and finish are going to be very close between that and that Rolex, and with a genuine ETA 2824/2 running the time, I would tend to think that it would be comparable to the Rolex in terms of durability and time keeping ability - in short, a much bigger bang for the buck than the Rolex.
    This is just a tribute.

Longines Hydroconquest

Water resistant to 300 meters. Swiss Automatic ETA movement, stainless steel case and watch bracelet, black unidirectional turning bezel, sapphire crystal, black dial with luminous hands and indexes....

Banned

You can email V8 on this forum and see if he could put a cyclops on it for you. I am thinking of gettin snow flake hands on one of my Marcello's to how it looks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fullers1845 View Post
    My pride and joy when it comes to Sub homages is my Debaufre Ocean 1. This is a Swiss Made automatic watch. As far as I'm concerned, they thought of everything on this one, and it will be with me for years to come.

The specs:

316L stainless steel case
    Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic movement with 25 jewels
    Screw-down crown and case-back (both signed)
    Super-LumiNova C1 illumination
    AR coated sapphire crystal
    300m = 1000 ft. water resistant
    Unidirectional rotating bezel
    Stainless Steel Oyster bracelet with screwed links
    Solid end links
    Stainless steel clasp with signed foldover safety
    Weight: 6.8 oz

Price is a bit more for an Ocean 1 than for some of the others discussed so far. Retail as of this posting is $465.00. Debaufre has been known to offer these on a scratch and dent sale from time to time. That's how I was able to pick up mine for much nearer $300.

It's a beautiful watch and it would be on my short list of better quality Sub Homages, but I've read of a lot of issues with the watch and customer service. It's one thing when your $100 homage has a problem and you run into poor customer service, it's another when you've paid 5 times as much and have problems with service.

Alpha SMP, Blue Sub, MilSub, Pepsi GMT, P.O. black
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m 2221.80.00
    Orient Black, Blue, Orange & Yellow Mako, Black Sub, CEX0R001B, Orient Star WZ0111EL
    Seiko 7N43-6A09, #SNA548, #SND721P1
    Steinhart Ocean-1 Blue-Red GMT

Next Up: ?

Sweet looking watch! The movement is listed as a L633 movement, which is supposed to be a modified ETA 2824-2, so definitely a nice one to look into. It looks to be priced around $700-$800 - a bit more than a Debaufre, but who knows, the extra money might very well be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shine2rust View Post
    Longines Hydroconquest

Water resistant to 300 meters. Swiss Automatic ETA movement, stainless steel case and watch bracelet, black unidirectional turning bezel, sapphire crystal, black dial with luminous hands and indexes....
    This is just a tribute.

AM! branded citizen miyota prohunter maxidial homage.

Turnaround likes this.
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

Quote Originally Posted by nbourbaki View Post
    It's a beautiful watch and it would be on my short list of better quality Sub Homages, but I've read of a lot of issues with the watch and customer service. It's one thing when your $100 homage has a problem and you run into poor customer service, it's another when you've paid 5 times as much and have problems with service.
    It is yet another matter when you purchase the watch initially on a scratch and dent special (about $165 off normal price), and the fit and finish of the product are so excellent that you simply haven't had need to make use of the customer service department to find out!

Selling quality products right out of the box is the best customer service there is, IMO.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

I have owned several submariner homages as well as the real deal. From my prespective the best one out there is the Marcello C. I also own a Daniel Mink diver and a Grovana diver that are both very nice. I believe the best "bang for the buck" submariner homage is the ESQ Tournament. I purchased it a couble years ago from one of those daily deal sites for $59. It features a swiss movement and a really nice bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by helius View Post
    I suspect most in this forum don't consider a watch that sells for US$900-1000 "affordable."
    Yep, and I'd be one of 'em! When I received mine back in '98 it was a little more than half of that, at retail, by my way of thinking still a very expensive watch. I guess they've been out of production for some time. I just mentioned it because when I got it, I didn't even know what a Sub was...I'd heard of Rolex, but the idea of getting one was about the same as getting a Ferrari...not likely to happen. I thought the Tag was great looking, knew Heuer had made good dive watches, so, it came home with me. Then I saw a Rolex Sub some time later and thought...gee, did Tag rip this look off? For awhile, I kind of thought I was wearing a Rolex knock-off, but I got over it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishmarc View Post
    I have owned several submariner homages as well as the real deal. From my prespective the best one out there is the Marcello C. I also own a Daniel Mink diver and a Grovana diver that are both very nice. I believe the best "bang for the buck" submariner homage is the ESQ Tournament. I purchased it a couble years ago from one of those daily deal sites for $59. It features a swiss movement and a really nice bracelet.
    An Amazon pic for comparison purposes only.

Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

Page 11 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 111 ... LastLast