Best Submariner Homage? - Page 5
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage?

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage?

I would always buy a homage, as Zippofan said a lot of us can't afford the real thing. I am one who would never buy a real Rolex, even if I won the lottery. As far as I'm concerned, they have ludicrously extortionate prices which can never be justified. As far as I can see it, they are only at the prices that they are, so the ordinary man in the street can't afford one, not because they are any better than a lot of Watch brands at a fraction of the cost! In fact the only real justification for the high prices, is the fact that Rolex know that people are willing to pay it! I know that people will tell me that they are excellent quality, so they ought to be!

I remember going into an expensive Watch store in Birmingham (UK) to buy a Watch, I asked the salesman if he sold many Rolex's? He said the store had only sold one since they had been open, which was around two months at the time. He also said, between you and me, they are a waste of money! I didn't need much convincing.
    Last edited by Radio_Daze; August 10th, 2009 at 14:06.

Well, I don't have many straight Sub homages, even though a have a couple divers. This is the closest - Invicta 8926 OB - picked up at the outrageous InvictaShark first day sale (58 bucks).

I've desaturated (made it B&W) this image because there were some color reflections that I thought threw off the simplistic silver stainless steel and black combo. This is what it looks like under neutral light, in other words :)

The back featureing the Miyota movement:

~Ross

That's a nice looking Watch. I think it has to be the best looking of the entire Invicta catalogue.

I think I will actually get one at some point. Me, actually saying that I like an Invicta!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is there any love for the the new Invicta 8926 w/the scalloped bezel? I think I like the look of the coin a little better, but didn't they stop making those (i.e., if you buy one now, you're getting a watch that is already several years old)? I could be wrong there, but I don't think so.

I could have bought a coin for the same price as the scallop I did get, but I chose the scallop for the above reason, as well as a few minor technical improvements over the coin.
    EBD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post

~Ross
    Beautiful picture, Ross.

Post your TT Invicta too, Man! It's a Sub homage in its own right.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

Quote Originally Posted by WtchSeekr View Post
    Is there any love for the the new Invicta 8926 w/the scalloped bezel? I think I like the look of the coin a little better, but didn't they stop making those (i.e., if you buy one now, you're getting a watch that is already several years old)? I could be wrong there, but I don't think so.

I could have bought a coin for the same price as the scallop I did get, but I chose the scallop for the above reason, as well as a few minor technical improvements over the coin.
    what sort of technical improvements?

Quote Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
    what sort of technical improvements?
    I can't find the site where I read it originally, but I believe the author said the bezel marks lined up with the dial marks better on the 8926A (scalloped).

Also, I think he said the lume was better on the 8926A.

I believe there was something about a better bracelet on 8926A as well.

Finally, I figured, being a later model, minor technical improvements had been made on the inner workings of the watch (since that is how it is with most manufactured goods), but that is pure speculation on my part.

Inactive

Out of my experience the best one from Invicta line-up is 9937 then again if I would have the cash it requires at hand and wanted the best submariner this would be my choice since it doesn't cost more and I trust Dan far more then I trust Invicta with QC, warranty and that the product fullfills the claims, althou my experiences with Invicta have been quit positive all along (I've owned a few and sold all of them for various reasons):

Another vote for a sterile one from Manbushijie - unbeatable
    M

Quote Originally Posted by discordianist View Post
    ...then again if I would have the cash it requires at hand and wanted the best submariner this would be my choice since it doesn't cost more and I trust Dan far more then I trust Invicta with QC, warranty and that the product fullfills the claims:

Can you tell me more about this watch and the maker? I've tried searching for "orange watches" but obviously that's not an easy result set to wade through

Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread Information