Best Submariner Homage? - Page 7
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage?

Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    Good Point... Here ya go :)

Invicta 8928 OB.

~ross
    Wow - that looks really nice - surprisingly nice for no more than they cost. I've read reviews of the 8926 series homages with complaints about the cyclops magnifier, but that looks like it's doing an adequate job.

I had wanted a 9937 series, mainly for the Swiss movement - and that's what I got - but I think I would have been happy with the look, fit and finish of the 8926 series. As it is, I may yet get one in another color scheme.
    This is just a tribute.

^I agree...blue and gold won't work for me, unless I found a steal, but I would really like to find an Invicta 7176 (I think I got the model number right)-like the above watch, but not two tone, black dial, green bezel...right now they're $130 on Amazon and Ebay, I would snatch one up if the price dropped to $100 or so.

Hmmm... The Invicta 7176. Haven't seen this one before. Nice!

(Seller pic.)

Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great thread here. Thanks for the posts and pics, all.

Who else, besides Invicta, makes a Two-tone (TT) Gold/SS and Blue diver like the sub?

I really like Invicta and am leaning toward an 8928 but would like to try another inexpensive brand like orient or alpha or seiko.

-JB

You know the 8928 is less than $90 shipped on Amazon, right?
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EIA0LW/...SIN=B000EIA0LW

Yes, I know and it's killing me. I'm a WIS/WSM (Watch Shopper Masochist). I'm looking for another brand to tighten the cilice a bit further.

-JB

I personally wouldn't buy a sub homage without a coin edge bezel. The scalloped is ok, but in a way it kind of defeats the purpose when for just a few bucks more you can get the coin edge. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

As a side note, I showed my Invicta 9937 to a friend today as well as the 8928 and I think he went and pulled the trigger on the Swiss movement version of the 8928 - I mean like he immediately went to his office, got online and ordered one. Score one for me for creating another watch-o-phile.
    This is just a tribute.

Nice pictures and info everyone, thanks!

I'm looking to pick one up for a daily beater, just can't decide which... I really would like one that can actually take a good beating if necessary...

Sorta leaning between the Invicta 8926 or the Orient 2ER if I can get in on one of those 50% off Orient deals.... From what I've read, the Invicta seems to have a 'sturdier' bracelet, 200m WR instead of 100m on the Orient, and likely better lume... And then the Orient I've read keeps time more accurately...

Hmmm!

Bill, I would have been happy with the 8926, although based on the reading I have done, while you might get lucky to wind up with a really good time keeper, you could just as easily wind up with something that isn't quite so good.

By the way, does anyone know anything specific about the movement the Orient 2ER uses in terms of beats per hour, or general accuracy?
    This is just a tribute.

I think there are two different kinds of homages: Those that just look alike (Alpha, for example) and those that at least claim to be high-performance watches in their own right (i.e., true divers watches). Other than Invicta and Debaufre, are there any other homages with true "performance qualities", such as 200m+ water resistance?

Page 7 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread Information