Best Submariner Homage? - Page 8
Like Tree493Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage?

Page 8 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage?

Quote Originally Posted by WtchSeekr View Post
    I think there are two different kinds of homages: Those that just look alike (Alpha, for example) and those that at least claim to be high-performance watches in their own right (i.e., true divers watches). Other than Invicta and Debaufre, are there any other homages with true "performance qualities", such as 200m+ water resistance?
    Two other performance brands that come to mind are Marcello C and Steinhart. Possibly also Momentum.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

Quote Originally Posted by Fullers1845 View Post
    Two other performance brands that come to mind are Marcello C and Steinhart. Possibly also Momentum.
    It was my understanding that Grovana = Steinhart = Debaufre.

I was also checking out the Daniel Mink divers, but they look so close to Invictas it wouldn't surprise me if they were made by the same manufacturers - at least the bracelets anyway - the bracelet is virtually identical to the bracelet on my Invicta.
    This is just a tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickG View Post
    It was my understanding that Grovana = Steinhart = Debaufre.
    You are correct when it comes to the Ocean 1 model. Though, from what I understand Steinhart and Debaufre are no longer connected, and there are some new Sub-style models coming to the Steinhart lineup.

Cheers! James

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by WtchSeekr View Post
    I think there are two different kinds of homages: Those that just look alike (Alpha, for example) and those that at least claim to be high-performance watches in their own right (i.e., true divers watches). Other than Invicta and Debaufre, are there any other homages with true "performance qualities", such as 200m+ water resistance?
    Orange Watch Companies MilSub-5517 (and soon to be launched 9411 Tudor Snowflake homage) are a real deal when it comes to being divers watches. I know I'm taking my 5517 down to depths. Those are real deal and not just made to look like they could perform. And Dan has put plenty of work into getting the right lume on dials too to be visible and readable in darkness of depths. (Which is/was one of the big reasons it got delayed so much).

Isn't there any homage with a date magnifier that's atleast close to the real deal? It's the one thing that annoys me the most about my 8926 (and the polished links on the bracelet)

Quote Originally Posted by wosk View Post
    Isn't there any homage with a date magnifier that's atleast close to the real deal? It's the one thing that annoys me the most about my 8926 (and the polished links on the bracelet)
    wosk:

In my opinion the magnifier on the Debaufre Ocean 1 is certainly adequate as compared to the Orient 2ER and Invicta 8926, tho I have not compared it directly with a Rolex magnifier.

I would also add that the most powerful magnifier I have yet handled was on a Marathon SAR...

Last edited by Fullers1845; August 24th, 2009 at 00:32. Reason: pic added

Cheers! James

GQ1

Quote Originally Posted by wosk View Post
    The best date cyclop on a Submariner homage that I've come across is the Voow Submariner. Check it out on ebay. The price is very reasonable and the quality is exceptional. The cyclop is perfectly placed and the date font is simply amazing. You won't be disappointed.

How about the Ollech and Wajs Caribbean?

Sapphire Crystal,
    ETA 2824-2 movement, 200 meters water resistance, 39.5mm case

~
    $340.00

Alpha SMP, Blue Sub, MilSub, Pepsi GMT, P.O. black
    Omega Seamaster Professional 300m 2221.80.00
    Orient Black, Blue, Orange & Yellow Mako, Black Sub, CEX0R001B, Orient Star WZ0111EL
    Seiko 7N43-6A09, #SNA548, #SND721P1
    Steinhart Ocean-1 Blue-Red GMT

Next Up: ?

The Invicta 8926 is hard to beat for the homageness and the low price. The 21 jewel Myota is pretty decent too. You can get it with an Omega or coin edge bezel.

Just landed this one. 9937 with a bezel swap.

Page 8 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast