Best Submariner Homage (Part 2) - Page 9
Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

Page 9 of 316 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Re: Best Submariner Homage (Part 2)

This thread was instrumental in my purchasing a manbush sterile sub homage, my first automatic in years. I'm afraid I may be hooked!

Name:  mansub.JPG
Views: 6088
Size:  518.1 KB
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

I received a green bezel Alpha Sub today. Will probably post more thoughts on it either here or in f72 tomorrow but I have to say it's a better watch than I remember the previous black Alpha Sub I had being. Bezel turns very nicely, lume isn't that great but is at least even. Case, dial and hands all have decent finish. I'm really pleased with it. Only real downside is the crappy bracelet but I've take that off and put it on a Watchadoo and it looks great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Citizen V likes this.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Has anybody got one of those Tigers? I'm gonna hock my trusty Invicta, which will leave me without a Sub, and I dig the vintage look. They've also got a Explorer II homage, something I'd definitely be interested in.
    CCJ and Mrwozza70 like this.
    Collection
    Breitling-Superocean Steelfish; Borealis-Estoril 300 Bulova-Vintage Tuning Fork, Adventurer; Casio-MDV106; Helgray-Silverstone; Invicta-8926 OB; Locman-Stealth Chrono; Rossling & Co. Founder's Edition; Orient- Mako II; Redwood- Flagstaff;
    Smiths-Everest; Timex-Weekender; Tissot-Quadrato Chrono; Wenger- Aerograph Cockpit
    Preorder
    Deaumar Ensign

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by H3O+ View Post
    Has anybody got one of those Tigers? I'm gonna hock my trusty Invicta, which will leave me without a Sub, and I dig the vintage look. They've also got a Explorer II homage, something I'd definitely be interested in.
    I've ordered one of the Black Bay style and a Explorer II style... they are on the boat! Will update here when I get them. I've been after a decent looking Explorer II style for a while. Don't know if the GMT will work. Anybody know?

I'll take it if you don't want it! ;)

My Tiger is in the mail. Hopefully it is here when I get home in 2 weeks. I'll update once I see it.

the armamar looks to be another vendors watch with a logo dial
    Citizen V likes this.
    Tudor 58 Rivet Black Bay

Quote Originally Posted by jdmfetish View Post
    the armamar looks to be another vendors watch with a logo dial
    That's what I thought at first glance but I dismissed the idea because that case was supposed to be custom designed and it seemed strange that they would let Aramar (or anyone else) use it. But comparing pictures... it really does look the same.
    jdmfetish likes this.

This arrived at my door about 20 minutes ago. It's got the NH35A movement and seems to be better than my old 8926OB in a number of other ways (lume, bezel and crown operation, shallower case engraving, etc.). The bracelet feels the same, so I put it on a Hirsch Liberty until my conversion to a Tudor Snowflake homage is complete.

Name:  IMG_1637.jpg
Views: 5702
Size:  515.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1634.jpg
Views: 5443
Size:  600.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1635.jpg
Views: 5364
Size:  602.5 KB
    "You can't reason someone out of a position they weren't reasoned into."

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V View Post
    That's what I thought at first glance but I dismissed the idea because that case was supposed to be custom designed and it seemed strange that they would let Aramar (or anyone else) use it. But comparing pictures... it really does look the same.

never deny your first thought

yes logo added to the watch to make different

however all that said , it happens more often than we would like to admit

kinda like grovana making watches for , well , i really don't need to say , ya know
    Tudor 58 Rivet Black Bay

Page 9 of 316 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread Information