Best of Taobao?
Like Tree298Likes

Thread: Best of Taobao?

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Best of Taobao?

Brands like Beijing , Shanghai, Fiyta and others are an important part of Chinese watch industry and they are NOT on Aliexpress.

The main online seller on the market is Taobao, but (with the exception of a few shops) it doesn't ships abroad.

The majority of us would need a Taobao agent, so it becomes even trickier finding a good deal.

Share with us your best founds or purchases on Taobao and the best agents so we know where to start looking for a nice, affordable watch.

Everything is allowed, quartz, mechanical, analog, digital you name it. It just has to be a good watch for an average WUS'er.
    Last edited by Ale De Alis; December 14th, 2018 at 23:22.

Re: Best of Taobao?

Kudos for starting this thread, Ale De Alis. Unfortunately I have no current advice to add myself, but I'll follow this thread avidly and hope it can stick around and accumulate answers like some of the other "Best of" threads.
    Ale De Alis likes this.

Very cool thread Ale. Would be interesting to share experiences of buying from Taobao.
    I'd be very interested in reaching these suppliers for parts like cases!
    Ale De Alis likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi all, thanks for starting this thread.

I bought my first watch (San Martin) on Taobao last week. I can't comment in the watch as I haven't received it yet but there is an easy way to avoid the agent fees and save few € on shipping. Hope you'll find this info useful.

1. Google translate extension in Chrome browser works very well. It translates all text, it's not always 100% accurate but it's good enough to get the most important info about the product/shipping/feedback etc.

2. If the listing has a lot of images, Google translate app on your phone can use photos/phone camera as the input for translation. It works quite well too. Just need to download Chinese language pack, this is done from within the app.

3. There are numerous videos on YouTube how to register, search, navigate and pay on Taobao.

4. I used a parcel forwarding service (Tiptrans) for shipping. You register with them, they give you a local Chinese address which you select as your shipping address on Taobao. Once it's delivered to the agent your parcel is then forwarded to your home address. In case of Tiptrans there is no registration fee, no monthly fee, you only pay for shipping which in my case was €18 for delivery to Ireland so it's reasonable.

5. Wait for your watch to arrive - that's where I am now

The first time doing the steps above is a bit time consuming but next purchase should go way faster.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    Kudos for starting this thread, Ale De Alis. Unfortunately I have no current advice to add myself, but I'll follow this thread avidly and hope it can stick around and accumulate answers like some of the other "Best of" threads.
    Same here!

I'd like to buy this (I don't even know the model number ):

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-12-12 01-04-42.png
Views: 756
Size:  236.8 KB

but I'm still undecided on the best shop/agent
    watchcrank, Synequano and Triton9 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raf82 View Post

I bought my first watch (San Martin) on Taobao last week. I can't comment in the watch as I haven't received it yet but there is an easy way to avoid the agent fees and save few € on shipping. Hope you'll find this info useful.

1. Google translate extension in Chrome browser works very well. It translates all text, it's not always 100% accurate but it's good enough to get the most important info about the product/shipping/feedback etc.

2. If the listing has a lot of images, Google translate app on your phone can use photos/phone camera as the input for translation. It works quite well too. Just need to download Chinese language pack, this is done from within the app.

3. There are numerous videos on YouTube how to register, search, navigate and pay on Taobao.

4. I used a parcel forwarding service (Tiptrans) for shipping. You register with them, they give you a local Chinese address which you select as your shipping address on Taobao. Once it's delivered to the agent your parcel is then forwarded to your home address. In case of Tiptrans there is no registration fee, no monthly fee, you only pay for shipping which in my case was €18 for delivery to Ireland so it's reasonable.

The first time doing the steps above is a bit time consuming but next purchase should go way faster.

I'll try Tiptrans! I can't still navigate Taobao easily. Do you need to open an account?

Forgot to mention that the same watch from the same seller are on both Taobao, AliX and eBay, my watch on AliX was €185, ebay €200 and on Taobao it was only €110. Even with shipping of €18 it brings it to €128 which is nearly €50 cheaper then AliX.

ObiWonWD40 and Synequano like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ale De Alis View Post
    I'll try Tiptrans! I can't still navigate Taobao easily. Do you need to open an account?
    Yes you have to open an account. They ask for your email, postal address but they don't store you payment details which I wouldn't be happy with.

Once the parcel arrives to them they give you the shipping cost, you can choose from different carriers and you make the payment via PayPal or bank transfer.
    I followed that path and it worked - parcel is on the way from Tiptrans to me.

I think you can also store your items with them for up to 30 days and sent it all together in one big parcel. I haven't tried this service though.

They have good reviews online so I decided to give them a go and so far I'm happy with them.

Ale De Alis and ObiWonWD40 like this.

Ah sorry I think you asked whether you have to open a Taobao account... Yes you do but again Google translate is your friend.
    Last edited by Raf82; December 14th, 2018 at 21:24.
    Ale De Alis likes this.

Ah sorry I think you asked whether you have to open a Taobao account... Yes you do but again Google translate is your friend.
    1) You have to open a Taobao account just to browse the site
    2) You have to open an agent (Tiptrans) to order the watch

Am I right?

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information