A Brief Review on the Rotary Les Originals Chronograph
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By Mrs Wiggles
  • 1 Post By Mrs Wiggles

Thread: A Brief Review on the Rotary Les Originals Chronograph

Banned

A Brief Review on the Rotary Les Originals Chronograph

Well, after a bit of wheeler dealing regards a watch I recently sold, I decided to add another chronograph to my collection. It was simple, I wanted something that was really well made, had a sapphire window, a great movement, and a well made stainless bracelet, but I wanted to spend peanuts. I did some Googling and some internet hunting, and decided on a Rotary Les Originals, despite the fact I have never wanted a Rotary (but for no good reason). New from their site it was over £400, although I did find one guy on eBay who had one for £120. There was a used one on auction described as being in excellent condition. The wording of the add indicated the seller was probably a WIS, so I did some bidding and got it for £54. The watch arrived to day, and it is absolutely mint.

In short, it has a double domed sapphire window, and ETA quartz movement, a screw in crown, a well finished 316L stainless case, a black sandwich dial with blue chapter ring, a ceramic bezel, and absolutely superb and comfortable deployant clasped stainless bracelet. Unlike most Rotary watches this one is Swiss made, 100m WR, and the feel and look of the watch ooozes quality. I am so pleased with it, I will be keeping my eyes open for the silver dialed version, but what I sell to replace it is another question.

Despite the fact the photo is the correct way up in my file, it will only come out sideways on this forum. HOW STRANGE
    Name:  IMG_20190703_123518.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  1.17 MB
    Last edited by Mrs Wiggles; 1 Week Ago at 15:10.
    Kubby, mrwomble, Ragl and 4 others like this.

Re: A Brief Review on the Rotary Les Originals Chronograph

I have the silver one.
    They are great value for money if you can buy it elsewhere than the official site.
    Only down side is the bracelet cannot be sized short enough for my skinny wrist
    Davosa,Omega speedy reduced, Seiko(6) ,Orient (3),Citizen (3) GShocks(8), Pebble Time smartwatches (2) are my poison on a Skinny 5 and 3/4 inch wrist

Rolling eyes Re: A Brief Review on the Rotary Les Originals Chronograph

Name:  WP_20181012_13_47_08_Pro.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  1.74 MB

Here is my Silver One on a Leather strap.

Now I don't know for certain if the movement is a Ronda, just that was the consensus here on this site. An ISASwiss was an outside chance but nobody said an ETA. So have you seen the movement or is it an educated guess?

I don't want to take the back off as mine is still under warranty. About 33 months to go before I guess it will need a new battery. I will take the back off and change it when it needs it as the Rotary cost today is £85, but I do get lifetime warranty on a watch that cost me just under £62 in a Sale!

Best regards,
    Jim

PS, Great Chrono IMHO!
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ObiWonWD40 View Post
    Name:  WP_20181012_13_47_08_Pro.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  1.74 MB

Here is my Silver One on a Leather strap.

Now I don't know for certain if the movement is a Ronda, just that was the consensus here on this site. An ISASwiss was an outside chance but nobody said an ETA. So have you seen the movement or is it an educated guess?

I don't want to take the back off as mine is still under warranty. About 33 months to go before I guess it will need a new battery. I will take the back off and change it when it needs it as the Rotary cost today is £85, but I do get lifetime warranty on a watch that cost me just under £62 in a Sale!

Best regards,
    Jim

PS, Great Chrono IMHO!
    The movement is an ETA 251.272, which makes the watch exceptional value. I was so impressed with the black one, I have managed to source a silver faced one at a similar price, but this time with a black leather strap. The description indicates it is pretty much pristine, but haven't received it as yet. Honestly, anyone looking for a top quality chronograph at an affordable price, I don't think there is better
    ObiWonWD40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wiggles View Post
    The movement is an ETA 251.272, which makes the watch exceptional value. I was so impressed with the black one, I have managed to source a silver faced one at a similar price, but this time with a black leather strap. The description indicates it is pretty much pristine, but haven't received it as yet. Honestly, anyone looking for a top quality chronograph at an affordable price, I don't think there is better
    Wow, that makes my £62 very well spent! It is a very nice watch, I also have a St Moritz Pilot Watch, that I bought from an eBay retailer for just £45 delivered a few months back, because I liked it and it was Stupid money for a Swiss Made watch! I again don't have a clue what the movement is, except to say that it is probably what I believe is called a Chinese Swiss, i.e. a watch made from Swiss Designed parts made in the PRC but then assembled in Switzerland to get it Swiss enough to be able to be classed as Swiss Made? Well that is my understanding which may or may not be correct!

Going back to the first watch, the chronograph movement is excellent, the only other chronos I have that are as functional are the ones with the Seiko 7T92 movement.

Onwards and upwards

Best regards,
    Jim
    Retired!! W O R K is a four letter word!
    Jim

Thread Information