The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 31) - Page 6
Like Tree42027Likes

Thread: The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 31)

Page 6 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Re: The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 31)

Im still wearing the Barracuda. I'm finding it hard to take off, though I will eventually. It's so easy on the eyes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk Turbo
    "Charlie don't surf!"

Quote Originally Posted by jzoo View Post
    Works for me.

Attachment 13839849
    Don’t know what it is, but we’re not talking apples to apples here. Different dial, different insert, plated hands instead of painted. the whole adds up to something different, which I like. Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by justadad View Post
    Doesn't do it for me, Dave.

The hands look so tiny they're pitching a hisssy fit about a southern wall!
    From sea to shiny sea!

Quote Originally Posted by skyefalcon6 View Post
    Well I dig it. Been searching for Ranger hands for my build using same dial. My case is going to be different but yours totally works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic_driftwood View Post
    My two cents...

I like the white border hands. A lot. And the minute hand and the seconds hand seem ok. But for whatever reason, the hour hand just seems lost on that dial. Although it may be the same length as a normal Mercedes hand (not sure), it’s more slender and ends up too small relative to the other features. Otherwise, it would be a nice setup.
    So, you and Justa are seeing what I thought I was seeing. Here’s what I think it is...

The 369 arabics are a little heavy. But they are exactly the right height. So right there, they want a little more “visual heaviness” to the hands. But the ceramic insert REALLY wants heavier hands.

To me, it’s as if this dial/hands combo would work just fine in an explorer style case. But in a diver case, this combo seems anemic.

On the other hand, the dial itself works great in a diver case. The hands are the thing that seems out-of-place.

I was afraid of this when I ordered the hands. As a matter of fact, I purposely ordered white frame/white lume hands, because I find them to be visually more “heavy” than plated.

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heavy parachute elastic Monday for me. Sticking with this one...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Porterjrm View Post
    The goal has been reached!! Over $2k donated and over $1600 was from the BSHT! If you have not but would like to get in on the raffle, there is still time. Entries close end of day 1-31-19 CT.
    Just substitute all the Brothers names who "entered the contest" to Madelyn's name and I think you've got it just right. ;)

"We’ll not risk another frontal assault. That rabbit’s dynamite."

"I do like that, but still feel Tina Turner’s “What’s love but a second hand in motion” is more appropriate for us" ~Brother Sogeha

I'm gonna try this for printing a Stroopwafel dial:

Off Topic post Re: The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 31)

Name:  CEEC85F8-82E7-4567-8A42-907FE96CF28A.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  2.33 MB
    Just another metal Monday.

A small red dot in Asia on the Earth's equator.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertl View Post
    Weird, I had this photo saved on my desktop and had it posted earlier correcly from the same location.
    In tapatalk it appears correctly, in chrome on my desktop it's turned for 90 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not 100% sure. But I noticed this weird situation more than 2 years ago, on my pics taken using iPhone. My guess is, the metadata in the pic, somehow doesn't work well with some browsers like Chrome. Using some 3rd party pic apps and save it as another file, will clear or reset the metadata in the new pic file. Hence, the reason I had to save every pic files again, as you see of my posts here in WUS, for the past 2 years.
    https://www.gofundme.com/support-ell...he-dill-family

Timex | Casio | Fellman | Invicta | Rodina | Glycine | Bulova | Leyden | Richard Legrand | Alexander James | Victorinox | Fifty Four | Dan Henry | Tiger Concept | Tisell | Scurfa | Helgray | Nezumi | Hamtun | Seiko | Vratislavia Conceptum | Manchester Watch Works | Orient | WUS F71 | Silver | Borealis | Aevig | Citizen | Steinhart | Nth | Armida | Ball | Rolex

Made the jump as well. Missing this one. She has been neglected in the watch box. So today it’s her day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleWatchMan View Post
    I'm not 100% sure. But I noticed this weird situation more than 2 years ago, on my pics taken using iPhone. My guess is, the metadata in the pic, somehow doesn't work well with some browsers like Chrome. Using some 3rd party pic apps and save it as another file, will clear or reset the metadata in the new pic file. Hence, the reason I had to save every pic files again, as you see of my posts here in WUS, for the past 2 years.
    I noticed this several years ago myself when I still used a computer. I don’t have one anymore and just use mobile os’ via my iPhone and tablet. For all I know I have hundreds of posts that are tilted for desktop viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    Don’t know what it is, but we’re not talking apples to apples here. Different dial, different insert, plated hands instead of painted. the whole adds up to something different, which I like. Thanks for the input.

From sea to shiny sea!

So, you and Justa are seeing what I thought I was seeing. Here’s what I think it is...

The 369 arabics are a little heavy. But they are exactly the right height. So right there, they want a little more “visual heaviness” to the hands. But the ceramic insert REALLY wants heavier hands.

To me, it’s as if this dial/hands combo would work just fine in an explorer style case. But in a diver case, this combo seems anemic.

On the other hand, the dial itself works great in a diver case. The hands are the thing that seems out-of-place.

I was afraid of this when I ordered the hands. As a matter of fact, I purposely ordered white frame/white lume hands, because I find them to be visually more “heavy” than plated.

Thanks everyone!
    I guess its true that everyone has different tastes and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe its me.. but on screen it looks great to me. It might not if seen in person.

Quote Originally Posted by skyefalcon6 View Post
    Just substitute all the Brothers names who "entered the contest" to Madelyn's name and I think you've got it just right. ;)
    I was under the impression that a new and totally different watch will be made for Madelyn since these are a bit bigger than what she would probably like.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleWatchMan View Post
    I've been having the same issues. Also even worse, my posted pictures are gigantic. I'm not sure how to fix them.

Also finally made the jump and fell out of compliance today. Wearing Orient Bambino V2 since I'm in the office. I missed a bunch of posts throughout the weekend and ran out of stroopwafels, so I need to make a Wally World run during lunch.
    Last edited by dreamwrx; January 28th, 2019 at 16:16. Reason: Adding more noise
    In Rotation: Orient Bambino V2, Bulova Accutron II Surveyor, Seiko SNZH5X FFF Vintage Mod, Franken Tudor Big Rose White Dial 5513, TC5508 Big Crown BSHT
    In the works:
    BSHT 369 Ranger - BSHT 369 Dial, Ranger Hands, ETA 2836 Clone, Riyi 36mm Case
    FTYH- Yellow Tudor Hydronaut Dial, ETA 2824-2 Top, HR 6538 Case
    BSHT Seamonster 300 - Modded BSHT Seamaster Homage dial & Hands, ETA 2824 Clone, Seamaster Homage Case
    Franken TBBRS - Black Tudor Big Rose Dial, ETA 2824-2 Elabore, Parnis 40mm Case

Page 6 of 341 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread Information