The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 32) - Page 51
Like Tree40355Likes

Thread: The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 32)

Page 51 of 319 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Re: The Brotherhood of Submariner Homages. (a/k/a BSHT) (Part 32)

Quote Originally Posted by Jtragic View Post
    Iím gilty today as well.

Beautiful!

And is that the TC5508 case? I'm having trouble keeping up with which cases everyone has been using for their various BSH gilt-relief dial builds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    studiompd, Sogeha, jzoo and 7 others like this.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

And, a gilt-relief dialed big crown watch for #bigcrownthursday .

True, it's not the gilt-relief dial that all the cool kids are sporting these days, but I like it just the same.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Peteagus View Post
    There's these (hand made, right there in America!). I spent a lot more time than I should've trying to convince myself and others that it was a great idea to try and force a Cador dial into this watch, partly because its the only way I knew to get gold swords.

Attachment 13955143
    But you can use Seiko hour and minute. The problem is the second hand....and itís red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Goodness gracious post 504 already! I thought about big crown for about a 30 seconds. But the coffeemaker wasn't on when I went in the kitchen and that messed me up.

So instead I went for compliance.

Compliance by Just Plain Dave, on Flickr
    Lduffer, volthause, Bertl and 15 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lduffer View Post
    Feeling a bit gilty about not wearing a big crown today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First time posting this beauty? Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Peteagus View Post
    en fuego!

...but what you you should be feeling guilty about is not sharing the details of this build!
    Oops, I see you answered the questions already, maybe i should catch up reading new posts before i ask questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtragic View Post
    I’m considering trying a 2801 for thinness. It’s a hand wind, bu I kinda like that.
    I'm with you, id love me some handwind diver action.

Quote Originally Posted by volthause View Post
    Blissfully non-compliant today, as I'm wearing my first total parts build watch today. I feel accomplished as up until now all I've done is hands / dial / crystal type swaps.

I call it the Jubilee Perplorer.

Attachment 13955033

36mm Explorer style case, ETA 2836 clone, Raffles hands, dial from China. I've got less than $200 in this build.
    Case finish is decent. Jubilee bracelet is meh.

Attachment 13955035
    Attachment 13955037

I'm sure I should have posted this somewhere else, but since I hang mostly in this thread I felt like sharing. Have a great Thursday brothers!
    Congrats, you posted in the right place! I like the budget build. Hopefully soon er than later I'll have my own full parts build also. Source for the case?
    Last edited by studiompd; March 7th, 2019 at 18:24.

Quote Originally Posted by studiompd View Post
    Congrats, ou posted in the right place! I like the budget build. Hopefully soon er than later I'll have my own full parts build also. Source for the case?
    I got it off ebay "UNBRANDED VINTAGE STYLE 36MM STEEL EXPLORER SMOOTH BEZEL WATCH CASE FIT ETA 2836".

A couple words of warning though. First, the case back and crown are unbranded, but there is a logo etched into the crystal which I didn't notice when I purchased. Second, the movement spacer is garbage and didn't fit the movement, and even when I got it on, it spaced the dial much too far away and the hands would never have gone on. Right now the movement is held in only by the clamps, which thankfully are the correct length to hold it securely, and I'm using the dial spacer that came with the movement.

Still though, for $50 for the case, it's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by volthause View Post
    I got it off ebay "UNBRANDED VINTAGE STYLE 36MM STEEL EXPLORER SMOOTH BEZEL WATCH CASE FIT ETA 2836".

A couple words of warning though. First, the case back and crown are unbranded, but there is a logo etched into the crystal which I didn't notice when I purchased. Second, the movement spacer is garbage and didn't fit the movement, and even when I got it on, it spaced the dial much too far away and the hands would never have gone on. Right now the movement is held in only by the clamps, which thankfully are the correct length to hold it securely, and I'm using the dial spacer that came with the movement.

Still though, for $50 for the case, it's not bad.
    I had the same problems with that case the movement holder is to blame for difficulty.

Sent via telepathic waves.
    In Rotation: Orient Bambino V2, Bulova Accutron II Surveyor, Seiko SNZH5X FFF Vintage Mod, Franken Tudor Big Rose White Dial 5513, TC5508 Big Crown BSHT
    In the works:
    BSHT 369 Ranger - BSHT 369 Dial, Ranger Hands, ETA 2836 Clone, Riyi 36mm Case
    FTYH- Yellow Tudor Hydronaut Dial, ETA 2824-2 Top, HR 6538 Case
    BSHT Seamonster 300 - Modded BSHT Seamaster Homage dial & Hands, ETA 2824 Clone, Seamaster Homage Case
    Franken TBBRS - Black Tudor Big Rose Dial, ETA 2824-2 Elabore, Parnis 40mm Case

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwrx View Post
    I had the same problems with that case the movement holder is to blame for difficulty.

Sent via telepathic waves.
    Glad it wasn't just me... I had one of those moments where throwing it all across the room would have felt cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeTrekker View Post
    And, a gilt-relief dialed big crown watch for #bigcrownthursday .

True, it's not the gilt-relief dial that all the cool kids are sporting these days, but I like it just the same.

But what the cool kids don't know is you have the OG homage that all homages are compared to... at least here.

#BCT

Send via Tapawatch
    Boschett Harpoon, CD II | Raven Vintage 42mm, Deep 44 | Artego 500m | Poljot Vintage Military, Sub, Titan, Aviator | Rolex Submariner | Borealis ScoutSniper, Seafarer II | Seiko 6309-7040 Camo, Mod SKX399, 007 Camo, Suwa 6309-7040, SKX781, SKX011J, 6309-7049, 007 Arctic Camo | Vostok Tank | Armida A8 | Orient Planet, Pilot | Barbos Marine Blue | Geckota K3 | MWC 300m | Orsa Monstrum | Citizen 2100 Ti | Stowa Seatime | Helberg CH8, Bronze CH6 | Karlskrona Nordic Mod | Enem Skindiver | AndoWatch Chronograph | Wilson Diver | MWI Military | Marathon SAR, JDD, MSAR | Steinhart OVM | Tisell Submersible | Davosa Argonautic | Benarus Moray Bronze | And some others...

Page 51 of 319 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread Information