Christopher Ward C60 vs Steinhart Ocean One VM (or similar)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Christopher Ward C60 vs Steinhart Ocean One VM (or similar)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christopher Ward C60 vs Steinhart Ocean One VM (or similar)

I recently bought a C60 Trident Pro from CW, but haven't worn it in earnest as I'm not completely sold on it for the following reasons:

I don't like the date window - it's placement and the fact the window is white somehow makes it look a bit cheap
    The bracelet is too thin, especially when viewed side on against the profile of the case. I would also prefer both the bracelet and case to have less polished areas, maybe just on edges or between links etc.
    Even though it has anti-reflective glass it really doesn't appear to have - lots of reflectivity.

However I really like the profile and size - it sits really well on the wrist, and it's good value for money.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has both the Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Military or similar and a CW - how do the two compare in terms of quality? Is the bracelet a bit thicker?

Re: Christopher Ward C60 vs Steinhart Ocean One VM (or similar)

Quote Originally Posted by fire_lantern View Post
    Thanks, that's definitely helpful. Although it doesn't specifically mention bracelet thickness it looks to me that the steinhart is thicker and that the bracelet width is also better (doesn't narrow so much). Also, the lugs are thinner leading to the bracelet giving better balance - not a jump from thick to thin, which also makes the bracelet appear thicker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ard

Hi,

This reply is coming from a fellow who doesn't have the C-60 but does have the Ocean One. The bracelet on the Ocean is just shy of 4mm thick and very substantial. There is nothing underbuilt about this watch To my eye. Personally I would rather go for the CW C-65 Classic than the 60. The C-65 radiates with a look of quality, however I have not been able to handle or try one on. The Ward C-60 appeals because it is a venture away from the Rolex look of the Steinhart but the Steinhart is very well made if you can deal with the homage thing.

Ard

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Hi,

This reply is coming from a fellow who doesn't have the C-60 but does have the Ocean One. The bracelet on the Ocean is just shy of 4mm thick and very substantial. There is nothing underbuilt about this watch To my eye. Personally I would rather go for the CW C-65 Classic than the 60. The C-65 radiates with a look of quality, however I have not been able to handle or try one on. The Ward C-60 appeals because it is a venture away from the Rolex look of the Steinhart but the Steinhart is very well made if you can deal with the homage thing.

Ard
    i like the look of the c65 as well but isn't it also a rolex homage, just an explorer rather than a submariner?

I own neither, but researched both as options before I bought my sumo. The date and side profile issue is what ended up turning me off the C60, but while for the OVM it was the long straight lugs and to a lesser extent the (IMO) boring sub homage look.

What's your wrist size? the CW's curved lugs will likely be more comfortable than the OVM, as you have already experienced. Also, when it comes to anti-reflective coatings, the crystal is more likely internally AR coated to prevent reflections between the dial/markers and crystal.
    Truth has been spoken:
    Quote Originally Posted by javadave View Post
    Seiko divers are like crack. You start out with a monster or 007 and next thing you know you are selling your couch on Craigslist so that you can get a taste of a spring drive or marine master.
    WISH LIST: Omega 2221.80 / Grand Seiko SBGX115 / Rolex 16613

The links on the C60 are a bit thin I suppose but being skinny of wrist the less metal the better for me. A completley redesigned C60 is about to be launched but I have no idea what it looks like, only that it has a ceramic bezel and the date at 3 o-clock.

I own the OVM and Trident GMT. They both are relatively close in quality for money and two of the best in that regard. I bought the Trident on the leather because I preferred that look for it's styling so I can't speak to the Trident bracelet. The OVM bracelet is nice, however I pretty much keep my OVM on a NATO...just feels more "right" if you will as a ref. 5517 homage. The Trident fits the wrist a little better for me having the curved lug (7 inch wrist). In the end I really like both, for different reasons and as different divers stylistically. I feel the Trident is more dressed up, the OVM just has a bit of a different feel. The date on the Trident has never bothered me though, and I thought it would.

Really if I were looking at a regular Ocean One I would buy the Trident instead. However, for a retro Sub style I would chose and have chosen the OVM (also would consider O1V). I hope that rambling help a little bit at least.
    bensdaddyjoe likes this.
    The collection:
    Tudor Pelaogs, Omega Seamaster Professional, Sinn 856 UTC S, 1968-70 Strela Sekonda, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Christopher Ward Single Pusher

Military Collection:
    Elgin A-11, Seiko 6105-8119, Marathon GG-W-113

Sentimental Stuff:

1925 Hamilton cal. 912 pocket watch, ESQ Filmore, Hamilton Khaki Field, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Premium

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgC-88AiluUdd6imwiENLYA

I've been considering buying the C60 for a few years now. I have always preferred the original style logo on the dial so always keep my eye on eBay for an older model.

I bought the Steinhart OVM instead back in August and I love it, great watch, good customer service from Steinhart, I keep it on the bracelet (prefer bracelets) and it's nice and substantial.

I still think about the C60 though. I actually had a really good chat with one of the sales guys at Salon QP back in November, it was CW first exhibition there so I had a good chin wag and spouted off my knowledge of the brand in the hope of a little discount (I'd had a lot of free booze) - it didn't work :(

Anyways they have a sale on at the moment and some of the coloured tridents are significantly reduced. My preferred black version alas isn't available but I have been eyeing up the blue one as I think it would make a welcome addition to my collection.

It was my birthday a couple of days ago so I'm using that as an excuse to give my credit card a bashing tomorrow ;)

Good luck with your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys I was thinking about picking up a c60 trident 300 ( quartz) has anyone had experience with this watch if so is the ticking very noticeable ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information