Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage - Page 19
Like Tree1065Likes

Thread: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Re: Dan Henry 1963, Heuer homage

Just got my 1963...the curved lugs really help make the watch hugs my 6.25inch wrist.. love the domed sapphire.. what a great value for money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EA-Sport View Post
    Just got my 1963...the curved lugs really help make the watch hugs my 6.25inch wrist.. love the domed sapphire..what a great value for money...

great to see someone with 6.25 on the wrist thanks for sharing pics
    Follow me on instagram @ ncaffrey_watch

Curious why all the backlash against the name? And is it the name itself, which is just the dude's name, after all, and seems as arbitrary to me as any other. In fairness, I get why Bauta hates it — he has bad grade school associations with a kid named Dan Henry. I can see that. If the watch was called LeRoy London, I'd feel the same way, because he stole my skateboard and I hated him.

Or is it the way the name is presented on the dial — typeface and size and all that? Because overall it seems no more and no less offensive than, say, Obris Morgan, Christopher Ward, or really any other two-word, first name/last name or last name/last name combination.

Thanks for any insights.

ETA: Surely it's not as bad as all the things happening on an Orient dial...
    Last edited by tanksndudes; November 12th, 2016 at 05:17.
    robbery, tbs7777 and Bauta like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Salt, check that there's no duty to pay. DHL normally contact me and ask me to cough up but this time they didn't for some reason and it was only when I went into on demand delivery to change the delivery date of my 1970 that I saw the "request" for duty payment.
    It might well be, I have opened the tracking app and there is a line "awaiting payment" 6 days ago, but then next it moved to Shipment will be processed next available movement. I can not find however a way to pay from their site unless it will be through contact customer service, which will be the next step

Quote Originally Posted by phlabrooy View Post
    Oh, man ......

That's a real bummer. Thanks for that bit of info .....

I really hope they have some other shipping arrangements available ? A recipe for trouble, is putting it lightly !!!!

I refuse to use DHL because they have miserable service, I mean really bad, and they charge an exorbitant " Handling Fee ", which is completely unlike any other courier service here !!! I mean, they already charged us to ship the item from A to B, so what's with the hefty additional fees ?

But, I can understand Dan Henry (DH) using DHL !!!

That's put a spanner in the works for me, I'm afraid ......

Regards,
    I had a similar issue with them from India. Paid all the vendor and then it got held up in customs, they did contact me then though, but wanted another 120 Euro for the 30 euro Item. As by them the cost to open a dossier, then pay a fine (because they made a mistake and declared the goods wrongly) and then calculated a handling fee on value plus transportation from WH to my place. I argued that I already had paid handling and that they made the wrong value declaration but they would not bulge. At the end they admitted their fault but getting it corrected with Customs would need another dossier cost and fee with no guarantee I get the money back. For all I know these Chrome indicators for a old bike are still in their warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Boogie View Post
    Bummer Dirk, hopefully it gets through fast (and without you having to pay any import fees). My 1963 should be here Saturday - we'll see.
    Dont hold my breath on this one :)
    Post when you receive yours!

Dirk
    TJ Boogie and phlabrooy like this.
    Driving Reliably round Britain for Guide Dogs: https://www.justgiving.com/Team-Broom

Wow!
    These are very very nice designs and builds look good.
    (looking at the 1968 and 1970...) $450 for both seems like a good deal... but, well... have too many watches incoming already...
    Still, will torture myself following this thread and looking at any pics. ;)

Thanks for posting.
    My quite affordable collection: Steinhart Marine (Terra Incognita Edition - sample), Lew and Huey Phantom, NTH Santa Cruz, Sinn U1, Sinn 104 I St Sa (White dial). Omega Seamaster GMT (2538.20) "Great White", Casio G-Shock Mudman Navy G9300-NV2, Lew and Huey Spectre II (blue dial), 22 Design Concrete Dial watch, Trigalux Diver, NTH Nazario Sauro, Trigalux TA-100 Pro, Nodus Trieste Polar, Seiko SUN041P, Seals Watch Company Dark Seal, Boldr Oddyssey

Instagram: pr_gelocks

Just spent the last hour researching the brand and reading through this thread. Probably won't be able to resist that orange 1970 for much longer...
    phlabrooy, gelocks and brandon\ like this.

3WR

3WR
    Which bezel color would make the 1963 look larger? I assume black would. Would extend the dial color out further. Thoughts?

That 1963 is a beautiful timepiece!

Am very pleased with mine. Had to pay £18 import charges DHL sent me a text message.

Anyone know how many posts I need before I can post images? I'm currently not allowed.

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information