Ding Dong ... !! Citizen Eco-Drive BL5250-02L
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ding Dong ... !! Citizen Eco-Drive BL5250-02L

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Ding Dong ... !! Citizen Eco-Drive BL5250-02L

Earlier this week (yesterday) .....

Ding Dong!!

After signing for the package and paying taxes for it (which was apparently needed!?), the delivery boy handed my package over to me!
    After giving him a nasty look right in his eyes to check if he messed with my package I allowed him to leave..

Of course I was expecting a package but I was excited like a kid in a candy shop.

After locking all the doors and windows I felt save to place the package on the table.
    Name:  p5091254.jpg
Views: 4998
Size:  267.4 KB

I quickly opened the box and found a box in the box..

After opening the box from the box I found another box, the last box had a cylindrical shape and I was wondering if I ever had seen such a box before..
    Name:  p5091257.jpg
Views: 5030
Size:  387.2 KB
    this was all looking very special and I was getting overexcited! Still I didn't trust the delivery boy he had a very weird smell, like an old lady.. and my package smelled a little like it too!

I couldn't take this lightly and called immediately my quality control assistant.
    Name:  p5091258.jpg
Views: 4990
Size:  274.5 KB

He wasn't sure about it either..
    After having a close look at the cylindrical box we saw it had the letters "C I T I Z E N" on it. It didn't make any sense... what could this mean ?

It must be some kind of high-tech-code and we couldn't crack this one...

We decided to open the box with brute force so we could have a look inside ...
    Name:  p5091259.jpg
Views: 5894
Size:  287.7 KB

Within the box we found something very beautiful.. it looked like some sort of timepiece, it could have been a time-machine too but we couldn't tell for sure..

My quality-control-assistant took a very close look to see if there was any sign of usage.. the timepiece had only one covering foil (on the glass) and we thought this was very odd..

After his inspection he had to conclude this piece was brand new! At this point I pulled of the foil and strapped the timepiece on my wrist..

It really looked magical!!
    Name:  p5091260.jpg
Views: 19608
Size:  219.4 KB

The hairy quality-control-guy had done a good job and I allowed him to take a break for a quick nap.
    Name:  p5091261.jpg
Views: 4917
Size:  293.3 KB

After a good 20 minutes I took the timepiece to the dark panic-room to make a quick lume-shot. I used the auto-function of my camera and didn't make any effort to make a good picture .. but the picture came out pretty useful..

here you see the result...
    Name:  p5091263.jpg
Views: 4692
Size:  22.4 KB

For the wus-people who are wondering; it turns out this timepiece has some quiet nice features.. listed below:
    - Titanium case
    - Unidirectional rotating titanium bezel
    - Leather band with titanium gasp
    - perpetual calendar till the year 2100 (including leap year corrections)
    - Alarm function
    - Chronograph function (with 1/20th second notation)
    - Second timezone function
    - Eco-drive (light powered)
    - 9 months power-reserve when kept in darkness
    - beautiful design ( must be out of space!? )

I hope you enjoyed reading.. thanks!
    Last edited by Dsaat; May 11th, 2011 at 12:18.

Re: Ding Dong ... !! Citizen Eco-Drive BL5250-02L

Your QC assistant has beautiful blue eyes! I think I'm in love. Thank you for making me smile today.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

"Watches tie people to the celestial clockwork... but people have been encouraged by their clocks to ignore the daily and seasonal cycles and to pretend that there is nothing to contend with but metronome-paced linear time. We appear to have caged the sun inside a machine." Michael Young, The Metronomic Society, p. 204

Great unboxing. Made me smile too and after the day I've had that's no mean feat!
    Great looking watch too. There's a guy at work with one and I gaze at it so longingly when I see him I worry that he thinks I'm giving him the eye.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Deep within the bowels of corporate hell...

Very nice & wise purchase. It's tough to beat the Citizen Eco-drives. My ONLY gripe about the Citizens is that the crystal doesn't seem to hold up like the crystals in my Seikos. I do want an Eco-Drive real bad though, and that one is a nice one!

Damn, now you've got me all pumped up to get my Red Line auto being delivered on Friday!

nice unboxing and great watch. I had one of those a while back and liked the look. It has a funny quirk, the power reserve cllicks on and the second hand goes to 12. then when the watch gets light, the second hand zooms to the correct time. It freaked me out!

Here are a couple of old shots for nostalgia's sake...

rocky.147 likes this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Very nice looking watch! Thanks for the review ! I've been eyeing that watch for a while now, your review and pics have influenced me to pull the trigger sooner rather then later.

Enjoy your new watch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Your QC assistant has beautiful blue eyes! I think I'm in love. Thank you for making me smile today.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Great unboxing. Made me smile too and after the day I've had that's no mean feat!
    Great looking watch too. There's a guy at work with one and I gaze at it so longingly when I see him I worry that he thinks I'm giving him the eye.
    Thanks for the replys! It's good to make people smile :)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapie View Post
    Very nice & wise purchase. It's tough to beat the Citizen Eco-drives. My ONLY gripe about the Citizens is that the crystal doesn't seem to hold up like the crystals in my Seikos. I do want an Eco-Drive real bad though, and that one is a nice one!

Damn, now you've got me all pumped up to get my Red Line auto being delivered on Friday!
    This is my first Citizen and i'm blown away by it's quality and beauty. However the bezel is very polished and it's hard to get grip on it when turning.
    Make sure to post some pictures when your Red Line auto arrives!

Quote Originally Posted by drickster View Post
    nice unboxing and great watch. I had one of those a while back and liked the look. It has a funny quirk, the power reserve cllicks on and the second hand goes to 12. then when the watch gets light, the second hand zooms to the correct time. It freaked me out!

Here are a couple of old shots for nostalgia's sake...

IMG
    IMG
    IMG
    Nice pictures. The watch really looks very different when you change the strap, I like that. If I ever get bored by its look I definetly will try another strap.

Quote Originally Posted by urbrainwashed View Post
    Very nice looking watch! Thanks for the review ! I've been eyeing that watch for a while now, your review and pics have influenced me to pull the trigger sooner rather then later.

Enjoy your new watch!!!!
    Thank you, I really am enjoying the watch. I highly recommend this watch and it's great bang for buck. Don't hesitate when you find a good deal!

beautyful eco-drive...the strap is also awesome.

weare it in good health!

Very nice! My wife and I have 3 of those quality control experts, must get them on the job!

We have 2 but we can't get them to do any work! (they do reupholstery preparation for free though...)

Quote Originally Posted by cap10amazing View Post
    Very nice! My wife and I have 3 of those quality control experts, must get them on the job!
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information