Do anyone know what is different between CItizen NY0040-09E and NY0040-09EE?
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By docvail
  • 4 Post By Negakinu

Thread: Do anyone know what is different between CItizen NY0040-09E and NY0040-09EE?

Do anyone know what is different between CItizen NY0040-09E and NY0040-09EE?

I am a big fan of Italian commando dive watch. I am looking forward to Citizen NY0040 but I do not know what to pick between two model? Its case is different? Quality different? Something? Please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Do anyone know what is different between CItizen NY0040-09E and NY0040-09EE?

It appears one has an extra "E".
    HoustonReal and OvrSteer like this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Re: Do anyone know what is different between CItizen NY0040-09E and NY0040-09EE?

The one with the extra E is has great signal reception and a reasonable monthly tariff. GPS too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pete4488 View Post
    I am a big fan of Italian commando dive watch. I am looking forward to Citizen NY0040 but I do not know what to pick between two model? Its case is different? Quality different? Something? Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post
    It appears one has an extra "E".
    Alright, I'm proud of that goof, but I realize it's not very welcoming to a new member. Let me go serious for a moment...

I have no idea what the difference is. I assume that if there was an obvious visual difference, you'd have seen it, Pete. Since you're asking, I assume there isn't an obvious visual difference.

I see several possibilities:

1. There's no difference at all. The difference of that one letter could signify a different assembly point, or a different destination market, something Citizen does for internal use. It could also be just a typo in the listing, from someone fat-fingering the number whilst typing. It could be that the added E is somewhat like Seiko's use of an added letter to designate different markets for the same model.

2. A change in number which occurred when a change in spec was made, but still something you'd never see. Maybe they went from a plastic movement spacer to a metal spacer, or changed something else which is equally discreet.

3. Maybe there are two different sizes of this design, like the Seiko SKX007 and SKX013 - nearly, if not completely identical in appearance, yet one is 38mm, and the other is 42.5mm. But, if that is the explanation, I'd think Citizen would be smart enough to use more decidedly different model numbers.

If you've looked both model numbers up online, and don't see any difference in appearance or stated dimensions, I wouldn't worry about any difference in quality, even if they originate from different assembly points, or were made in different years.

I think the somewhat wide-spread belief that there's a noticeable difference in quality between a "J" or "M" model from a major brand is more likely due to inevitable, yet very small variations in quality in manufacturing, regardless of point of origin.

I hope all that helps, and that if I'm wrong, and there is a difference, someone will come along to enlighten us.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

It seems the "EE" variation is the version designated for distribution within the European market. Exact same watch as the "E", though. To make matters even more confusing, there's also the NY0040-09EEM, the European 09E but on a bracelet instead of rubber.
    HerrNano, docvail, Ten-Ten and 1 others like this.
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

Thread Information