Festina Chrono Bike

Thread: Festina Chrono Bike

Festina Chrono Bike

I potentially have the opportunity to purchase a Festina Chrono Bike at a bargain price. I already have a cheaper Festina, and can't really fault it. Just wondered what people think about this range
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading

Re: Festina Chrono Bike

Nah, I have this one, and since I've got the Gruppo Gamma and got into mechanical movements, saw all the submariner homages, so many field watches, dressy watches and so on, the chrono bike just feels... Kind of cheap dunno, I've lost all interest in any quartz watches (I hope I don't offend anyone), and chronographs like this one.

I've owned it for 2 years now, and when I brought it for a battery change, its getting foggy now when climate changes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyiliev View Post
    Nah, I have this one, and since I've got the Gruppo Gamma and got into mechanical movements, saw all the submariner homages, so many field watches, dressy watches and so on, the chrono bike just feels... Kind of cheap dunno, I've lost all interest in any quartz watches (I hope I don't offend anyone), and chronographs like this one.

I've owned it for 2 years now, and when I brought it for a battery change, its getting foggy now when climate changes.
    That's a shame, because it is a good looking watch. Strangely enough I went off of quartz, but have now found a new love for them, and my collection is pretty much 50/50 now.

Going back to the one I was looking at. It had a genuine MRP of £379, and I checked retailers were indeed selling the watch at this sort of price. The eBay seller had a new boxed one with a starting price of £110. He had no bids at all, so I contacted him after the auction had finished, and asked what the lowest price would be on a "buy it now" basis. I was hoping he would say £100, in which case I would try and get him down to £90. In actual fact he messaged me back and said £120. So, he had no offers at £110, but he wouldn't take less than £120. I sometimes wonder what people are thinking ?
    When I read about the evils of drinking I gave up reading

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wiggles View Post
    That's a shame, because it is a good looking watch. Strangely enough I went off of quartz, but have now found a new love for them, and my collection is pretty much 50/50 now.

Going back to the one I was looking at. It had a genuine MRP of £379, and I checked retailers were indeed selling the watch at this sort of price. The eBay seller had a new boxed one with a starting price of £110. He had no bids at all, so I contacted him after the auction had finished, and asked what the lowest price would be on a "buy it now" basis. I was hoping he would say £100, in which case I would try and get him down to £90. In actual fact he messaged me back and said £120. So, he had no offers at £110, but he wouldn't take less than £120. I sometimes wonder what people are thinking ?
    I too was under the (obviously wrong) impression that if something didn’t sell then the seller might well drop the price rather than raise it.

Seller is P.O'd, no bids at a 'give away' price then gets a message asking for lowest BIN price. Not defending his decision, I've run into this sort of mind-set before.

Thread Information