Getat or Jackson Tse
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Getat or Jackson Tse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Getat or Jackson Tse

Hi all,

I'm still a noob in this forum, i am looking to purchase my first Pam homage watch but still can't decide which one to go with Getat or Jackson Tse.
    So in need of Opinions. I have some questions regarding both companies:

1. From pics that i have seen, for some reason it looks like Getat's PVD seems to be a lot shinier,
    while Jackson has more matt-black look, is this true?

2. Which one of them have better straps?

3. PVD or Titanium is more durable to wear and tear?

Re: Getat or Jackson Tse

I've recently ordered from Jackson Tse and had a pretty bad experience. Normally I understand some sellers can have a bad day and botch up an order but this was SO bad I lost all hope in his services. No quality control, no after sales, no customer service. I advise you to order elsewhere.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/extremely-disappointed-jackson-tse-phantom-pam-homage-buyers-beware-685021.html

I understand there ARE people that have ordered from Jackson Tse and don't have any complains. I do believe these people haven't ordered recently.
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
    I've recently ordered from Jackson Tse and had a pretty bad experience. Normally I understand some sellers can have a bad day and botch up an order but this was SO bad I lost all hope in his services. No quality control, no after sales, no customer service. I advise you to order elsewhere.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/extremely-disappointed-jackson-tse-phantom-pam-homage-buyers-beware-685021.html

I understand there ARE people that have ordered from Jackson Tse and don't have any complains. I do believe these people haven't ordered recently.
    How about Getat are they more reliable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kunyuk84 View Post
    How about Getat are they more reliable?
    I have no experience with 'Tat. There are numerous people in here that have though. Recently as well. Just check the appropriate thread. I do think that he can't be any worse than Jackson. :)
    BigBandito likes this.
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

It's been said a while ago... I'll repeat for you :)

Getat was really slow and unresponsive for the last year or so, but in the last couple of months, it seems he got back on track and he's doing great bussines, no complains about him.

On the other hand, Jackson was always good, reliable and fast. But in the last couple of months, the quality of his work went down, lots of QC errors and uneccessary shipping back and forth. He either hired new, bad staff or he simply has too much work on his hands.

Getat's watches are a bit more expensive then Jackson, probably around $ 40, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Then you have Manbushijie, lots of watches to choose from.

Neither! Both are like buying a "pig in a poke" (southern for you don't know what you're gettin'). Before you buy, you should check out other homages and PAM inspired watches from more reputable dealers. Do yourself a favor and at least review the "Best Panerai Homage" thread.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/case-replacement-magrette-bronze-660127-8.html

For only a little more than Jackson or Getat you can get the NFW Vector 42 ($279)

NFW

And if you're willing to wait a little while and like something different, you could get a pre-owned Magrette brass Regattare for $285 (without getting into too much detail, Magrette produced a bronze PAM-like watch that turned out to be brass. They are allowing purchasers to return for a refund if they desire. Many like the brass nonetheless and Magrette will be selling the returned watches with full warranty. Read the thread below for details esp. post 142.)

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/cas...-660127-8.html

Other, more expensive options ($500-$1,000) include the Aristo Kampfschwimmer and the Lum Tec M series.

Believe me, I have been through the cheap Asian homage thing, and in my experience, saving up for one good watch that will last you many years will probably in the end cost you less than the long term costs of shipping, returning, repairing, and throwing away a piece of junk. (IMHO)
    Last edited by BigBandito; July 19th, 2012 at 17:28.
    Bulova Lunar Pilot - 2018
    Casio MDV 106 "Marlin" - 2012
    Garmin S20 Approach - 2016
    Gruppo Gamma Genesis Base LE - 2014
    Magrette Vantage Bronze - 2017
    Orient C
    EM75001BW "Mako XL" - 2016
    Timex Mercury (ca. 1962) - 2014
    Tissot T-Classic Tradition - 2011
    Torgoen T10205 - 2010

No guarantee of accuracy or warranty of fitness for use of any information or offer provided in this post is either expressed or implied. Redemption value of such information or offer equals 1/100th of the amount paid for it. By reading this post, reader waives all rights to sue poster and hereby absolves such poster of all liability for any and all damages, both actual and consequential, resulting from the reading, use, or misuse of such information or offer. All offers are limited to and governed by the laws of the State of Moronica and are subject to retroactive rejection, withdrawal, or revision without notice.

My experience with Getat about a month ago was very good. All questions I had about different case types and crystals were answered promptly ( keep in mind time differences) and thoroughly. At times he included pictures to show slight differences. Shipping took about 12 days registered airmail. From day of ordering to delivery was about 2.5 weeks. I am still amazed that something can be shipped from Hong Kong to the US in that amount of time for $9.

+1 Getat, I never ordered from jackson so I can't say. But I got my first hommage from tat and he is quick with responses and keeps you updated and shipping took about 2 weeks but everything was just as ordered and couldn't be happier!

I bought a couple getats the past few months. The first was a PVD 44mm and other than a tiny speck of lint trapped on the edge of the crystal it is flawless. The second is a 45mm radi homage but it has cosmetic issues (speck of dirt inside crystal, rough cutout finish on sandwich dial). Your quality control may vary.

I hear the getat straps are better than jacksons, but I wasn't really impressed with what I got. I rock my PVD with a panatime tobacco strap that looks much nicer than the stock strap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i received my California 47mm getat today with the upgraded skeleton movement. it's fantastic quality, and the leather strap is as nice as any I have seen that cost double what this watch cost.

the lume is bright and there are no flaws that I can find.

it took maybe three weeks from ordering to receive. shipping was roughly a week after shipping confirmation email was sent. I'm in NYC so ymmv.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information