Good Spring Bar Tool

Thread: Good Spring Bar Tool

Good Spring Bar Tool

Morning All

I am thinking of investing in a few straps for my new Timex so it can server a few looks, I think it would look good on a Nato.

I have a cheap ebay spring bar tool but its not the best, before I start messing with my decent watches I would like to pick up something a bit more tried and tested, so any recommendations?
    "More Timex than Rolex"

Collection - Casio G Shock G-2900F - Texas instruments EZ430-Chronos - Chinese Sub Homage - Citizen New Master 22 - Sekonda Vintage 17J Manual - Timex Explorer - Elgin 1919 Grade 291 and Class 110 Pocket Watch - Timex Expedition T498529J - Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude - Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical H69619533 - and others

Incoming - HMT Janata

Want List - Hamilton Khaki 38mm

My Site - jonbyrne.com

Re: Good Spring Bar Tool

I most recently replaced some cheaper tools with these from Birdman. They're still not the really expensive stuff, but I think they're great for the price. Definitely sufficient for a hobbyist and a step above the really cheap Ebay stuff. I'd actually recommend this whole kit since I've been very happy with both the screwdrivers and pin tool as well. But, he also just sells the springbar tool alone.

Best Watch Tool Kit

If you really want "the best", I'd assume people will probably point you toward something like this Bergeon.

http://mywatchmaker.net/springbartool.htm

I personally tend to think that as long as your springbar tool isn't falling apart, its "goodness" is much more a function of the user than the design. You can scratch a lug with the Bergeon just as easily as the Ebay special if you're not methodical and taking adequate precaution. I know I made a lot of mistakes and went through a good bit of polish or sanding before figuring out the technique I use...which still isn't always perfect.
    Last edited by midshipman01; April 13th, 2011 at 11:09.
    Dear WIS, I have seen your watch addiction affect your life negatively in the following ways...

Thanks I will have a look at them.
    "More Timex than Rolex"

Collection - Casio G Shock G-2900F - Texas instruments EZ430-Chronos - Chinese Sub Homage - Citizen New Master 22 - Sekonda Vintage 17J Manual - Timex Explorer - Elgin 1919 Grade 291 and Class 110 Pocket Watch - Timex Expedition T498529J - Vostok Amphibia Scuba Dude - Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical H69619533 - and others

Incoming - HMT Janata

Want List - Hamilton Khaki 38mm

My Site - jonbyrne.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I grabbed an FB-504 from Otto Frei. It's virtually identical to the 6767F, with the same build quality and small fork tip, however the FB-504 also has the option of using the large fork spade which makes changing straps on bars that aren't hidden incredibly easy.

Spring Bar Tools

It comes with a small fork tip and a large fork spade.
    ΩMEGA 2254.50 SMP
    SEIKO Orange Monster
    Casio PRW-5100YT-1JF "Black Titan"
    Tissot PRC-200
    Self-built Radiomir Homage

You can get the 6767 from Jules Borel for less than $15.00. Get one and don't look back.

G-shock G-100
    G-shock GW-300
    Victorinox Classic Chrono
    Citizen NY0040 Diver
    Citizen BN0100 eco-drive diver
    Ollech & Wajs MP2801
    Orient Black Mako
    Maratec Mid-Sized Pilot
    Sea-Gull M177S
    Seiko 5 orange neo monster
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist

Most often I use a little spring bar tool from Modena Watch. It's about $5 and works great. Sometimes they even throw one in free with a strap order.
    Homage watches democratize history for the common wrist.

Cheers! James

Thread Information