Graduation Present - Page 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Graduation Present

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Graduation Present

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Chan Fong View Post
    I'm liking this a lot. Where can I try this on? Seems CW only sell direct?? Are there any reviews/videos on this watch?
    Well, you're one of the lucky ones... Ward has a showroom in London.
    Number One Park Street

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Get the Trident, its the shizbomb. Just don't buy it full price, wait for the June father's day sale. I have a C60 and I can attest that it looks and compares favorably to watches many times the price. Christopher Ward's details are great on the watch and the new versions have colorful ceramic bezels and a better placed date window.

I'm liking this a lot. Where can I try this on? Seems CW only sell direct?? Are there any reviews/videos on this watch?

The showroom is around a half hour from Central London. Perhaps make a day of it with whomever is giving you the watch. If you can't make the trip, CW offers 60-day free returns. They cover return postage. (Their warranty is very long - 60 months.)

You will probably find yourself picking between the Tridents based on size. The C65 appears the largest, followed by the C60, then C61.

Here's another review. The quality is there. When my bro was looking for a watch on a comparable budget, we checked out Longines, Tissot and CW and went with a CW for its obviously superior fit and finish.

Actually, come to think of it, the 'W' on the second hand is annoying me. It looks quality but I think you've got to be picky haha...damn!
    Sea god's spear. Quite cool.

Last edited by blackdot; May 23rd, 2015 at 07:48.
    Zenith A386 & RG Revival | ​Heuer Carrera | Gubelin V72 | Ω Speedy '57 Trilogy | Tudor Sub | Rolex Explorer & DJ | Breguet Classique | Nomos Minimatik | Squale Medium

WPAC member

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  lld.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  624.8 KB

^ The Longines LLD is twice his budget.
    Zenith A386 & RG Revival | ​Heuer Carrera | Gubelin V72 | Ω Speedy '57 Trilogy | Tudor Sub | Rolex Explorer & DJ | Breguet Classique | Nomos Minimatik | Squale Medium

WPAC member

Right, after some consideration, I'm gonna drop the whole swiss made thing lol...

but I do want an automatic and it need to be 'source-able'. I.e. if it's one of these German companies, I need to know how to buy it etc. in english. But any help would be appreciated. Preferably an aviator style? with some of those interesting circle things on the inside but it doesn't need to be too flash as obviously it is also for work.

Japan, Switzerland, Germany etc is fine. Budget probably adjusted to around £3-450?

Thanks for any assistance from you knowledgeable people

Seiko Premier men's stainless steel bracelet watch Â.- Ernest Jones

http://www.selfridges.com/en/longines-l36604563-conquest-watch_757-10001-L36604563/?previewAttribute=Steel&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-Mens-_-LONGINES&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=38307119&$$ja=cgid :10877007574%7ctsid:35948%7ccid:196438054%7clid:74 704526974%7cnw:g%7ccrid:40352142694%7crnd:30678140 3925443539%7cdvc:c%7cadp:1o4%7cbku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQj wyoCrBRCl-aa97pKX_t8BEiQAbrs_9DgF3XvM1X8NzJPY93H-1K2i_iZ0pDl6gSYR1clJ30YaAslH8P8HAQ - like this style without the big '12'

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=lo...17143365635454 - price is a tad high though

Right, after some consideration, I'm gonna drop the whole swiss made thing lol...

but I do want an automatic and it need to be 'source-able'. I.e. if it's one of these German companies, I need to know how to buy it etc. in english. But any help would be appreciated. Preferably an aviator style? with some of those interesting circle things on the inside but it doesn't need to be too flash as obviously it is also for work.

Japan, Switzerland, Germany etc is fine. Budget probably adjusted to around £3-450?

Thanks for any assistance from you knowledgeable people
    Circle things? Are you after a quartz chronograph then? The Seiko Kinetic that you posted is a perpetual calendar, not a chrono.

Certina DS-2 Chrono would be tops. It's high accuracy quartz - the Formula 1 of quartz. ETA thermocompensated, +/- 10 secs/year. Most quartz watches are +/- 15 seconds/month. It also happens to be very well-finished.

Last edited by blackdot; May 24th, 2015 at 02:42.

WPAC member

What about Russian?
    Poljot Journey seems to tick all you boxes: auto, chrono, not too flashy nor dressy (just nice), and it's very well within your budget.
    You may want to stretch the budget a bit to get a more decent strap/bracelet though, but I believe it can wait.

Name:  380275d1330280064-poljot-journey-chronograph-bescheidenheit-ist-zier-poljot-5-.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  128.9 KB
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006
    ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATEJUST 36 126234-0025 (GRAIL)
    JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Quote Originally Posted by blackdot View Post
    Circle things? Are you after a quartz chronograph then? The Seiko Kinetic that you posted is a perpetual calendar, not a chrono.

Certina DS-2 Chrono would be tops. It's high accuracy quartz - the Formula 1 of quartz. ETA thermocompensated, +/- 10 secs/year. Most quartz watches are +/- 15 seconds/month. It also happens to be very well-finished.

Is it possible to work this without the 4th second hand? What are people's thoughts on the 4th hand? I like the it but not sure if that's suitable for a business environment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information