Great posts and great posters are back?

Thread: Great posts and great posters are back?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Great posts and great posters are back?

The Affordable Watch Forum is starting to percolate again!

This place is showing signs of the levels of interest and activity from the high volume days of the Infecta Forum. It was always just a matter of time, as members come and go and new "regulars" take time to settle in.

Admittedly there are still numerous posts inquiring about and grousing about Infecta Watch but that's OK.

For those who were not here 2 years ago just let me add that this forum was absolutely the highest volume watch forum to be found. The numbers were just amazing and the activity and camaraderie were strong. As happens on any forum site, opinions differ and allegiences form. It is the nature of these outlets.

Huge kudos should go out to Ernie Romer for providing this place and for sustaining all the nonsensical ramblings of departed and long forgotten miscontents. And the same kudos should extend to Tony D for managing to always be a gentleman amidst chaos and lunacy.

Just thought it was well past time to make the clearly obvious even MORE obvious! This place is still a great venue opportunity for WIS of all calibers to enjoy the hobby and interact with like minded watch enthusiasts.

:thanks

Knowing that many who visit here are not enamored with the constant bashing of Infecta, nor the daily personal interactions which appear to be MUCH worse than they really are, I would encourage the lurkers and the slow to post to become active and jump into the fracas occasionally. It is almost cathartic!

Carry on.

CHEEPS

VOTE FOR INFORCDSYLENCE

Banned

Re: Great posts and great posters are back?

Cheeps,

Well Put!!!

We dont need no stinking Rolex watches and Breuget brooch pins!!!!!

Affordable watches and lots of em!!!!

Hey guys...Cheeps is right. We bash, squawk like grandma's in knitting circles but what the heck....its our frickin' place to squawk!!!

All are welcome and let it roll!!!

I dunno if guys that buy Pateks are just a whole lot more comfortable financially than I am, or if they're just out of control and mortgaging their souls... Or maybe after the whole obsession has been firmly rooted for many years, it gradually creeps up on you. But I can't even BEGIN to imagine spending as much for a watch as a nice new car costs!!!

Hail the "affordable" watch. Affordable is in quotes, because really, it's about the VALUE for a reasonably affordable piece for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good post Cheeps! Thanks for having the forum Ernie!
    *Nick*
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat " - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by CottyGee
    I dunno if guys that buy Pateks are just a whole lot more comfortable financially than I am, or if they're just out of control and mortgaging their souls... Or maybe after the whole obsession has been firmly rooted for many years, it gradually creeps up on you. But I can't even BEGIN to imagine spending as much for a watch as a nice new car costs!!!

Hail the "affordable" watch. Affordable is in quotes, because really, it's about the VALUE for a reasonably affordable piece for me.
    The point is that you don't have to spend a lot to enjoy collecting watches, especially if you like the vintage stuff.
    I think that every one of us does eventually think about a really expensive watch as sort of a lifetime ambition. You can't learn about mechanical watch technology without beginning to appreciate the real quality pieces. However I think that's a different school of thought than say someone who buys an expensive watch as a symbol of success or excess. My grandfather wanted a Hamilton railroad watch for many years and finally got one at age 75.
    I would love to own a vintage Vacheron Constantin someday.This one would suit me fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I think you are right Ray....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald
    The point is that you don't have to spend a lot to enjoy collecting watches, especially if you like the vintage stuff.
    I think that every one of us does eventually think about a really expensive watch as sort of a lifetime ambition. You can't learn about mechanical watch technology without beginning to appreciate the real quality pieces. However I think that's a different school of thought than say someone who buys an expensive watch as a symbol of success or excess. My grandfather wanted a Hamilton railroad watch for many years and finally got one at age 75.
    I would love to own a vintage Vacheron Constantin someday.This one would suit me fine.

The real values are in the vintage pieces. Here's one I especially like but darn, that pesky retirement savings plan keeps getting in the way! :-D

Regards,

Tim

1951 Rolex 14k 6084
    1983 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Horween strap
    1987 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Jubilee bracelet
    2000 Rolex TT Submariner 16613

Re: I think you are right Ray....

Quote Originally Posted by TimO
    The real values are in the vintage pieces. Here's one I especially like but darn, that pesky retirement savings plan keeps getting in the way! :-D
    Yeah Tim and after you retire, the retirement income definitely gets in the way.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I agree. It's funny that even after the split, alot of people were still coming here, perhaps lurking more than posting. I stopped looking here for a long time, and most hung out at the other 2 forums. Over the last couple months, I've spent more time here than before, as it seems the activity has picked up again, and most of the regulars are back. One big, happy, disfunctional family again.

I still post at both of the other spots too, and check all the posts. I usually don't post unless I have something to add, but I have to say I hope all this crap ends up in the past. Hell folks, we're here for the watches, after all. IT"S THE INTERNET!

JMHO, after it's all said and done. Good to see everyone back :thanks
    David

But on the other hand....

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald
    Yeah Tim and after you retire, the retirement income definitely gets in the way.
    I could be wearing a nicer watch then any of the guys that work bagging groceries at Winn Dixie or greeting people at WalMart after they retire!
    Regards,

Tim

1951 Rolex 14k 6084
    1983 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Horween strap
    1987 Rolex TT DateJust 16013 on Jubilee bracelet
    2000 Rolex TT Submariner 16613

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by TimO
    I could be wearing a nicer watch then any of the guys that work bagging groceries at Winn Dixie or greeting people at WalMart after they retire!
    When I work at my volunteer job blending and bagging coffee I wear an Invicta. I guess that puts me in Wal-Mart greeter territory, huh? :oops:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information