Gruppo Gamma
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Gruppo Gamma

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Gruppo Gamma

Any WUS love out there for Gruppo Gamma? I've seen some scattered words of praise here and there, but no dedicated thread. Post some appreciation and/or some pics if you're an owner or a fan. I know there are at least a few of you out there.

Re: Gruppo Gamma

There is quite a bit of discussion about them in the Panerai homage Thread.. open the lin below and do a search and you should find what you are looking for.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/bes...-a-779017.html
    Current: Stowa Seatime // Melbourne Watch Company Flinders // Zelos Helmsman Bronze // Seiko SKX007 // Citizen Promaster Nighthawk // Rodina R005 Small Seconds // 44mm Panerai 1950's Homage // Fossil Nate Chronograph // Nixon Rubber Player

Wanted: Stowa Seatime Bezels

Quote Originally Posted by will_454 View Post
    There is quite a bit of discussion about them in the Panerai homage Thread.. open the lin below and do a search and you should find what you are looking for.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/bes...-a-779017.html
    Yes, that is what I meant by the scattered words of praise. Most of that thread is devoted to the unbranded Chinese watchmakers. As quick as those Gruppo Gammas sell out, I figured there would be enough love for a dedicated thread. I guess I'll see soon enough.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by taike View Post
    Yes, that is what I meant by the scattered words of praise. Most of that thread is devoted to the unbranded Chinese watchmakers. As quick as those Gruppo Gammas sell out, I figured there would be enough love for a dedicated thread. I guess I'll see soon enough.
    I currently own 1, the Ascent II in brass(Cali Dial). It's fantastic... You don't see any manufacture defects. Neither do i hear of any. The communication i had with the brand is very timely as well. Only good words.. You should enjoy it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by djwhyse; August 1st, 2014 at 08:33.
    sciumbasci likes this.
    Instagram: @microwatches

Quote Originally Posted by djwhyse View Post
    I currently own 1, the Ascent II in brass(Cali Dial). It's fantastic... You don't see any manufacture defects. Neither do i hear of any. The communication i had with the brand is very timely as well. Only good words.. You should enjoy it.
    Excellent. What color dial did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by taike View Post
    Excellent. What color dial did you get?
    Green dial. I have attached a photo as well.
    Instagram: @microwatches

I have posted my 2014 Base a number of times in the WRUW thread. It is a great watch gotten at a great price and in fact has become the favorite of my collection.

One of the interesting things about GG watches is the difficuly of getting one. Until now they have been made in small batches and sell out very quickly. To get one outside of Singapore you need to sign up for their newsletter, join their Facebook page, and check the website often. It also doesn't hurt to befriend the owner (Naoki Tsukumo) and/or the GG sales reps as I did when pursuing mine (which was a limited edition of 99 intended for existing owners of a GG watch - which I was not).

I believe at some point the quality and incredible value represented by these watches will result in a price increase (they are already selling for $40-$50 more than when they were launched in 2013) and these hot little numbers will command a premium in the preowned market.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7758
Size:  283.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 7692
Size:  238.4 KB
    Last edited by BigBandito; August 1st, 2014 at 21:46. Reason: Spalling erors
    Deledda and Karar like this.
    Bulova Lunar Pilot - 2018
    Casio MDV 106 "Marlin" - 2012
    Garmin S20 Approach - 2016
    Gruppo Gamma Genesis Base LE - 2014
    Magrette Vantage Bronze - 2017
    Orient C
    EM75001BW "Mako XL" - 2016
    Timex Mercury (ca. 1962) - 2014
    Tissot T-Classic Tradition - 2011
    Torgoen T10205 - 2010

No guarantee of accuracy or warranty of fitness for use of any information or offer provided in this post is either expressed or implied. Redemption value of such information or offer equals 1/100th of the amount paid for it. By reading this post, reader waives all rights to sue poster and hereby absolves such poster of all liability for any and all damages, both actual and consequential, resulting from the reading, use, or misuse of such information or offer. All offers are limited to and governed by the laws of the State of Moronica and are subject to retroactive rejection, withdrawal, or revision without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBandito View Post
    I have posted my 2014 Base a number of times in the WRUW thread. It is a great watch gotten at a great price and in fact has become the favorite of my collection.

One of the interesting things about GG watches is the difficuly of getting one. Until now they have been made in small batches and sell out very quickly. To get one outside of Singapore you need to sign up for their newsletter, join their Facebook page, and check the website often. It also doesn't hurt to befriend the owner (Naoki Tsukumo) and/or the GG sales reps as I did when pursuing mine (which was a limited edition of 99 intended for existing owners of a GG watch - which I was not).

I believe at some point the quality and incredible value represented by these watches will result in a price increase (they are already selling for $40-$50 more than when they were launched in 2013) and these hot little numbers will command a premium in the preowned market.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 7758
Size:  283.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 7692
Size:  238.4 KB
    Awesome. Would you happen to have the specs on that model? Interested to see how it compares to the recently sold out Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by djwhyse View Post
    Green dial. I have attached a photo as well.
    I ended up with a green dial myself. Was going for a blue, but the stars just weren't in alignment for me during the flash sale last month.

Hi everyone and thanks for your comments. Our relative lack of exposure here is perhaps because our customers are more active on Facebook. There's a Gruppo Gamma Owners Club on Facebook where members interact. Membership is currently for owners only, and it's currently 500+ strong.

(I hope I'm not infringing any forum rules with this post. If so, I'm sorry and will delete it if necessary.)
    Deledda, Jaffar, ZASKAR36 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information