WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GT&FQ Watch Rider M001

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Fructus Temporum 
#1 ·
GT&FQ Watch? Never heard of? Neither did I, until a few weeks ago...
First a couple of pictures, then the details:

Here are the technical data for this watch, the Rider M001:
  • Dimension 41 x 12 mm
  • Stainless steel case
  • Slightly domed sapphire crystal
  • See-through case back with mineral glass
  • Small second at 6H (non-hacking)
  • Pointer date at 2H (Pusher at 1H)
  • Power reserve indicator at 10.5H
  • Springbars 21 mm(!)
  • Waterproof to 5 ATM / 50 m
  • Automatic movement Sea-Gull ST1780 / TY2114

There is little to complain about the quality. No sharp edges at the case and the hands are set accurately.
The leather strap is what you can expect in this price class. Mine had a very sharp edge on one of the keepers, which I could remove. So you can wear it, but maybe the watch is worth to replace it.

Let's have a look at the case back:
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

... and open it:
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

A massive movement holding ring. Very often you will only find a plastic holding ring, even in much more expensive watches.

Concerning the watch movement there is nothing to complain either. It's from the Sea-Gull ST17/TY27 family. The same family that is also found in the famous Bauhaus Rodina watch.

Now let's take a look at the timegrapher:
Depending on position the daily rate is between -8 and +3 seconds, that's not bad. Overall it tends to be a bit in the minus range instead of plus, but this can be corected easily. The beat error is 0.0 to 0.3 ms, that's ok. The amplitude is good as well.

Technology Electronic device Electronics Home appliance Gadget

So where does this GT&FQ Watch come from?
You can buy the Rider M001 and a few other GT&FQ watches at this online store: SEAGULL WATCH - USA Canada Europe UK France Germany Russia Spain Australia Singapore Hong Kong Free Shipping
Although the name suggests something different, this is not the official website of Sea-Gull. GT&FQ Watch is the company name, GT&FQ being the abbreviations of the names of the four company founders. Unfortunately I could not find out there full names. Rider is the name of the watch series and M001 the model.

The company has warehouses in the USA and in Germany as well. They ship the watches from China to the local warehouse and from there to the customer. So you don't have to deal with import duties. This works fine and took 2.5 weeks for my watch.

Badener

See less See more
#4 ·
@KarmaToBurn: I was not aware about this JLC, but looks like there are a few similarities. Now I know why I like it ;-).

@whoischich: Yes, but don't forget that this design was not invented by Nomos. It's from the 1930s, long before Nomos was founded. But it's true, it was Nomos that made this design so popular.

Badener

#8 ·
GT&FQ Watch Rider M001

@Steffen2020:
My wrist size is only 17.5 cm, so I normally prefer watches with a maximum of 39 mm. But I think this one with 41 mm looks fine even on smaller wrists:

@furrygoat:
Yes, you are right. But if you put another dot in between you have 32 positions each month :-d.

Badener
Is the dial a silver metallic finish? Cannot tell on my phone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.