Helix Typhoon HX380-04L04S _ Just Arrived (pics!)
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Helix Typhoon HX380-04L04S _ Just Arrived (pics!)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Helix Typhoon HX380-04L04S _ Just Arrived (pics!)

Wow, for $40, this guy is a steal! 100m water resist, sapphire crystal, ani-digi. Only downside is that it has a built in strap. But at least the strap is comfy! Certainly beach-wear or boat-wear type of watch, but I think this thing is cool and it certainly doesn't disappoint in person. I'm really impressed with the build quality and features on this watch. Heck, even the packaging is incredible.

I ordered it from AWatchForYou.com and I have to say the packaging was VERY sub-par. It arrived in a USPS shipping envelop and that's it. They wrapped another shipping envelop around the actual Helix watch box, but then just shoved that into an empty envelope, no padding at all! No bubble wrap, no protection, etc . The box was heavily dented when it arrived and if this was a mechanical watch instead of quartz I doubt if it would have arrived in one piece.

Watch gets very high marks. Awatchforyou gets poor marks.

Pics:

~Ross

Re: Helix Typhoon HX380-04L04S _ Just Arrived (pics!)

Looks great! I got my 2 from them as well. Packaged about the same. I did the band swap and this is how it looks:

Some lume

I am really happy with it. The best $38 i have spent in awhile. Now, we need some lug adapters!

Wow, all that for $40! Very cool and very unique. Great find!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pretty looking dial display~Congrats!

Okay.. to change the straps:

remove the caseback (it screws off),
    the caseback is 2 pieces, with one piece acting as the retention ring of the straps, make sure to take both off,
    the straps just pull off (if they haven't fallen out yet).

Nice to see someone has already started a topic about this great find, same comment on the awatchforyou "packaging", my box arrived in a slightly better shape.

Certainly not bad for the price ($38 - MSRP : $285), has a BL, unlike my Omega Seamaster 120m ! I opened the back and found a big 3v battery and some engraving saying the movement was made in China and that it was part of the Sector group.

Note the matching sneakers

One little nit, when you push the pushers, especially the top one, the LCD screen moves a bit, do yours do that too?

I didn't notice the strap coming out when I opened the back, must have been a little something else to do?

By the way here is a link to a review on the watchreport : http://www.watchreport.com/2010/01/r...38004l04s.html

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Nice to see someone has already started a topic about this great find, same comment on the awatchforyou "packaging", my box arrived in a slightly better shape.

Certainly not bad for the price ($38 - MSRP : $285), has a BL, unlike my Omega Seamaster 120m ! I opened the back and found a big 3v battery and some engraving saying the movement was made in China and that it was part of the Sector group.

Note the matching sneakers

One little nit, when you push the pushers, especially the top one, the LCD screen moves a bit, do yours do that too?

I didn't notice the strap coming out when I opened the back, must have been a little something else to do?

By the way here is a link to a review on the watchreport : http://www.watchreport.com/2010/01/r...38004l04s.html
    my lcd screen doesn't budge on either watch....hmmmm?
    I'll post pics on the strap change later.

I have not noticed my LCD budging at all. Don't think it does. I'll look at it again tonight.

~ross

Actually upon closer inspection it's more the internal bezel that move up a bit when I push the top pusher and down when I push the bottom pusher. Not a big deal.

Banned

Cool ana-digi! Is the strap any good???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information