Help with bracelet - adding links!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Help with bracelet - adding links!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with bracelet - adding links!

So this is not my week for bracelets. After I could not figure out the Steinhart bracelet, I just received my Alpinist with aftermarket Seiko bracelet When it arrived, it was sized very small. SO I had to add a few links which were included. Problem is, I think I maybe removed the pins from the wrong links? It was hard to tell which ones to remove because there was only one left on each side. THat said, the pins that came from those holes are not cotter pins, but are too skinny to fit tightly back in. I did see a really tiny piece a couple mm long, but have no idea where it goes or how it would fit in there.

Help? I know this is usually super easy
    "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." - Earl Nightingale.

Banned

Re: Help with bracelet - adding links!

Don't lose those little pieces, they are an integral part of the Seiko "pin and collar" system.

https://justasmallblog.wordpress.com...in-watch-band/

Resizing a Monster Bracelet | How to Resize a Seiko Monster Bracelet | Watch It All About
    ChiefWahoo likes this.

Well I managed to lose both in the carpet...and broke like every cotter pin. I figured it out way too late, but I think I'm going to have to buy a new bracelet. At least I can probably still use the end links that match this one. How embarrassing, I just wasn't paying attention when I started and those came out so easy. I've never messed this up and done it probably ten times. Just in a rush - so mad. I have like no watches on a bracelet right now and it's all I wanted.
    "Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use." - Earl Nightingale.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Somebody will have some collars dude. Emailing The Seiko service center in New Jersey would be my first move

Quote Originally Posted by ABud21 View Post
    So this is not my week for bracelets. After I could not figure out the Steinhart bracelet, I just received my Alpinist with aftermarket Seiko bracelet When it arrived, it was sized very small. SO I had to add a few links which were included. Problem is, I think I maybe removed the pins from the wrong links? It was hard to tell which ones to remove because there was only one left on each side. THat said, the pins that came from those holes are not cotter pins, but are too skinny to fit tightly back in. I did see a really tiny piece a couple mm long, but have no idea where it goes or how it would fit in there.

Help? I know this is usually super easy
    Look closely at the tool you used to push out the pins, you may find the collars on that tool
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

Yeah, i know the second one fell. The first one is somewhere in the carpet cuz I had no idea it even came out. I'm just pissed at myself - I was in a hurry and wasn't paying attention.

If you can put it back together one or two links too short, you could try a clasp extension link.

Name:  extension_link.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  39.2 KB

Drop the Seiko service centre an email since they often take pity on owners who lose collars.
    ABud21 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    Look closely at the tool you used to push out the pins, you may find the collars on that tool
    Yep, that's where my collars end up
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

You may able to pick them up with a magnet if you know the approximate area.

Otherwise, try contacting Seiko or I have ordered seiko parts from the McCaw Company. I would give them a shout as well.

That bracelet extension is exactly what I need for my SBPP003, it came with the wrong extra links and it is one link too small.

Edit: I just rememebered, the wrong extra links I received had collars with them. If you want I can send them out to you. Not sure the pins will be the same size though.
    Last edited by goody2141; August 11th, 2015 at 14:29.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information