Help me to find: quartz, analog, solar, perpetual calendar, NOT RADIO CONTROLED EDC
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Help me to find: quartz, analog, solar, perpetual calendar, NOT RADIO CONTROLED EDC

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me to find: quartz, analog, solar, perpetual calendar, NOT RADIO CONTROLED EDC

Hope this is the right place to ask. Couldn't find specific thread for Analog Quartz Watches (maybe a idea to create one?), so here it is.
    I'm trying to find (for future purchase) a nice daily driver - sporty-dress analog quartz watch, solar, with date, and most important with Perpetual calendar but WITHOUT Radio (atomic) control. Main reason why without RC is lower price. Other preferences:
    No divers, military pilot/field, Chronographs.
    Price: max ~$350-400 (lower is better)
    Case: 41-43mm, round shape
    Blue dial
    No hour numbers on the dial (just indices)
    Good lume, not short hands
    On bracelet
    Stainless steel (titanium acceptable if in that price range)
    Preferably standard lugs (not integrated bracelet), but could swallow that if watch ticks all other boxes)
    No micros! (due to eventual service)
    Can be world timer just because of the look.
    Here few pics of some watches that have exact look I want, but dies fullfil everything.
    I know that Citizen have watch in Signature line that ticks all the boxes, but it's a diver. I couldn't find, even after few days of search) exactly what we would like to have. Don't even know if such watch exists. If not, I will than get one with RC. Thanks for your help guys!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Re: Help me to find: quartz, analog, solar, perpetual calendar, NOT RADIO CONTROLED EDC

I'm sorry, there are few typos in my post (thread instead of Theme; we instead of I, etc) and I can't make corrections. When I go to Edit, I can't see anything. No text or pics. Don't know why. I'm writing from my phone, and I have noticed that before. Always when text is bit longer. Any ideas why that happens?

Re: Help me to find: quartz, analog, solar, perpetual calendar, NOT RADIO CONTROLED EDC

I have the watch in your first pic and it's fantastic. I paid ~$150 through a Yahoo Auction so I would suggest you look at all your buying options.
    NocturnalWatch likes this.
    Citizen CB1090-59L - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2503.50 - Seiko SARB065 "Cocktail Time" - Squale 1521 Blue/Polished - Vostok Amphibia 420059 "Blue Scuba Dude"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At your budget, radio control should be no problem. What other reasons so you have to steer clear of radio control? I ask because I'm a big fan of quartz perpetual calendars and they're really quite rate. Rc widens the net a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by robbery View Post
    At your budget, radio control should be no problem. What other reasons so you have to steer clear of radio control? I ask because I'm a big fan of quartz perpetual calendars and they're really quite rate. Rc widens the net a great deal.
    That is MAX possible budget if I can't find such watch without RC. I would like to stay below $300 if possible. Only if my 'grail EDC' doesn't exist, I'm ready to get one with RC. No questions about practically of an RC, I really like it and appreciate it. It's just something I can live without. But everything is open.

robbery likes this.

I WANT to write "Just get a Casio Oceanus T100TD and don't look back!" because it's everything you're looking for (actually everything) + titanium, amazing bracelet and AR-coated sapphire, but it is radio controlled and costs around $350. Which is still peanuts for the best affordable watch in the world. :p It should be available for closer to $300 if you shop around, though.

Name:  7a1597ea80a8c03fd320f6778ed19942.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  61.3 KB

...but because you'd rather have a slightly more affordable watch, without RC, I think Citizen is a pretty viable option. I like this perpetual BX1000:

Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
    I WANT to write "Just get a Casio Oceanus T100TD and don't look back!" because it's everything you're looking for (actually everything) + titanium, amazing bracelet and AR-coated sapphire, but it is radio controlled and costs around $350. Which is still peanuts for the best affordable watch in the world. It should be available for closer to $300 if you shop around, though.

Name:  7a1597ea80a8c03fd320f6778ed19942.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  61.3 KB

...but because you'd rather have a slightly more affordable watch, without RC, I think Citizen is a pretty viable option. I like this perpetual BX1000:

Thanks for suggestions. Bought look nice. I'm in currently in hospital with really bad WiFi connection (it comes and goes and it's extremely slow), so I would really appreciate if you can tell me case sizes w/o crown. ND it looks like Casio have integrated bracelet (proprietary lugs) opposed to Citizen? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by NocturnalWatch View Post
    Thanks for suggestions. Bought look nice. I'm in currently in hospital with really bad WiFi connection (it comes and goes and it's extremely slow), so I would really appreciate if you can tell me case sizes w/o crown. ND it looks like Casio have integrated bracelet (proprietary lugs) opposed to Citizen? Thanks in advance!

The Casio Oceanus is 40mm and has an integrated titanium bracelet. It's a great bracelet, though, but if you're set on a changeable strap than this isn't the one for you. I personally didn't want ANY watch to have an integrated bracelet. I actually ordered the Oceanus thinking it didn't have one. Now I'm perfectly fine with it, because the bracelet is THAT good and comfortable.

The Citizen BX1000 I posted is 41mm.
    robbery and NocturnalWatch like this.
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

Quote Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post
    The Casio Oceanus is 40mm and has an integrated titanium bracelet. It's a great bracelet, though, but if you're set on a changeable strap than this isn't the one for you. I personally didn't want ANY watch to have an integrated bracelet. I actually ordered the Oceanus thinking it didn't have one. Now I'm perfectly fine with it, because the bracelet is THAT good and comfortable.

The Citizen BX1000 I posted is 41mm.
    Thanks a lot for info!

I was under the impression that you could turn off the auto radio update function on the Oceanus -- is this not the case?
    Watches are life. Live to Watch, Watch to Live. Do you even Watch, bro?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information