"The HMT Thread"
Like Tree4788Likes

Thread: "The HMT Thread"

Page 1 of 242 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

"The HMT Thread"

Ladies & Gents...I present to you "THE HMT THREAD". I have been benifiting from this forum for quite a while and for some time also contributing information & pictures of HMT watches. Being form India and having easier access to HMT watches than most people here on WUS, I have often replied to new to HMT folks queries,doubts,questions,what should I buy type of questions. I have also been able to give info regarding parts availibilty.

One thing that comes up agaion and again in my mind is the lack of a common place for all this information to be pooled for the benifit of all present and future HMT afficiandos. All threads on HMT watches have a rider of one kind or the other......What HMT RUW, My HMT, My Collection, Photos, Which HMT should I buy, parts availibility, repairs etc . I realize that the chances of an independent HMT forum are impossible (at least in the forseeable future). To help solve this issue, I am starting this thread in the hope that eventually it will become a one stop pit stop kind of place for anything and everything related to HMT, maybe even a sticky someday. All my learned friends are requested to kindly contribute generously whatever information they think is relevant to anything and everything HMT. I also encourage everyone with queries,doubts,info needed etc about HMT to post them her, so it becomes a WiKi of HMT. I myself with try to cull whatever information I feel should be available here from other threads here(of course with the Thread owners permisssions).

I start this thread with pictures of a Pocket Skeleton HMT that I got for a friend here....

http://

Last edited by fatehbajwa; April 5th, 2013 at 10:36.
    CCCP, demag, DJW GB and 10 others like this.

Re: "The HMT Thread"

I think your idea of an one stop online repository of HMT related information can be fulfilled only if you or someone else opens a website dedicated to HMT with properly organised and categorised contents. Re posting the information already available in several older threads in a one new thread will be a repetitive exercise, IMO. and the difficulty will still remain in wading through all the information posted in a linear thread format.

Anyway good luck with this endeavor. I am happy to see any HMT related content.

Hari
    Last edited by hari317; April 5th, 2013 at 11:56. Reason: typos. content.

Quote Originally Posted by hari317 View Post
    I think your idea of an one stop online repository of HMT related information can be fulfilled only if you or someone else opens a website dedicated to HMT with properly organised and categorised contents. Re posting the information already available in several older threads in a one new thread will be a repetitive exercise, IMO. and the difficulty will still remain in wading through all the information posted in a linear thread format.

Anyway good luck with this endeavor. I am happy to see any HMT related content.

Hari
    IMHO and belief it sure is worth a shot as long as learned friends like you contribute, which I am sure you will. :)
    younoowho and Watches503 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll start with a question for you.

What do you know about the HMT that looks rather a bit like the Rado Original? Oval case, sloping sides, etc...
    Shut your mouth and wear your *Alpinist.
    *"Your Alpinist" is metaphorical and in truth refers to your most versatile watch.

Drew

I recently got hooked on HMT, at it has been a quick slippery slope with me messaging fatehbajwa frequently for watch after watch.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I haven't been able to find the answer (maybe I haven't looked hard enough). I've seen a photo of this watch a few times:
    Name:  7024022011_f5565063f0_z.jpg
Views: 30493
Size:  90.4 KB

What is the story behind it? Is it fairly rare? I've been lusting after it for some time now.
    CCCP, R-Oak, jopex and 6 others like this.

Well done Fateh let's hope we get some good info here. Just a quick question. How long have Hmt been making pocket watches, are there vintage ones available or is this a fairly new venture?

Drew in answer to your question, you might be referring to the Hmt Kanchan. Gold plated lozenge shaped case looking very similar to the Rado.

Name:  Kanchan auto.jpg
Views: 27309
Size:  137.4 KB
    fatehbajwa likes this.
    Dave.

Does HMT use child laborers in their factories? Honest question.
    Luke Washburn likes this.
    Android Octopuz | Bulova 96B104 | Casio F108WH | Casio AMW320 | Casio MDV106 | 1950 Gruen Veri-Thin | HMT Janata | HMT Pilot | Infantry PAM | Maratac 2012 Big Pilot | Momentum Atlas | Orient Bambino | Orient Blue Mako | Rothco Flieger | Sottomarino Esploratore (thanks NightOwl!) | Timex T2N695 | Timex T49875 | Timex T49905 | Vertis one-hander | Vostok Komandirskie

Jim from a purely personal point of view and I am only guessing here. Hmt is a huge corporation with ties to the Indian Government so I would have thought it is run within certain strict guidelines. But as I say I don't know the correct answer. Surely the same could be asked of Sea-Gull or Beijing.
    fatehbajwa and Luke Washburn like this.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Slow*Jim View Post
    Does HMT use child laborers in their factories? Honest question.

Jim,

I quote from Wikipedia and this time Wikipedia is on the button "HMT Limited, formerly Hindustan Machine Tools Limited, is a state-owned manufacturing company under the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises in India".

No Government organisation in India has any connection with child labour.

Quote Originally Posted by DPflaumer View Post
    I'll start with a question for you.

What do you know about the HMT that looks rather a bit like the Rado Original? Oval case, sloping sides, etc...
    What demag said, though now there are a couple of other models similar to that too. Will try to put up pictures soon.

Here you go.....

Name:  305969_356681491103189_1256558578_n.jpg
Views: 24327
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  733830_351633204941351_118947602_n.jpg
Views: 25474
Size:  69.9 KB
    Last edited by fatehbajwa; April 5th, 2013 at 15:54.
    DPflaumer and Yaatri like this.

Page 1 of 242 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information