Honest opinion on Skagen watches
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Honest opinion on Skagen watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Honest opinion on Skagen watches

I thin we all know Skagen wacthes and maybe some of us have owned or own one. But I have never been able to hear like an honest opinio on this brand. I do know difference between Fashion watches (Daniel Weelington, Michael Kors, Guess, etc) and known and luxurious watches (Rolex, Omega, AP, Frederic Constantine, Patek, Vacheron Constantin and of course Seiko, Orient, why not Casio). I know that Skagen watches are from Denmark. But my point is if they are cosidered fashion watches or luxurious watches or maybe something in-between?

Re: Honest opinion on Skagen watches

Skagen's are fashion/mall watches. Currently owned by Fossil. my wife used to love Skagen, they have great styles, especially for women. But She would go through them like nobody's business. None seem to last beyond a couple of years. She ended up getting a little frustrated with them. I converted her to Timex, I bought her a rose gold fairfield which is basically a bauhaus and a weekender with a few nato straps. She hasn't looked back .loves them. Personally I thinkSkagens are a about $50 to a $100 overpriced. But as long as you know going in they most likely won't see beyond a few years and are ok with that, they do have some nice stylish watches.
    Last edited by billdebmatt; June 14th, 2018 at 23:56.
    HoustonReal, Pneuma and Perdendosi like this.

They are purely fashion watches. Idc though, here's my Skagen on a strap that cost more than the watch:
    Name:  SkagenSignatur.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  38.4 KB
    Perdendosi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My GF 's skagen is 10-12 yrs old, on about its 4th battery, still ticking
    Steve in Florida, USA

I was just looking at one that I have that's about 20 years old. Hardly every wore it and it still looks new. Upon closer inspection it is inscribed Swiss parts made in China. Although it looks kind of cool I think that statement just about sums it up.

They are decent watch, pending price. They are one of the few companies that offer affordable titanium watches and their designs are nice. Currently, their designs have a nice industrial/bauhaus look to them. Not to mention, they did offer a few good mechanical watches in the past.

Here is my Skagen Hagen automatic with the Miyota 9015 movement. Personally, I love the watch.
    Name:  20180526_203118_1529020709263.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  2.86 MB
    -Are we having fun yet?
    https://audiolesswpg.blogspot.com/

The titanium is nice, and they are pleasantly thin. Many have nice titanium mesh bracelets as well. If you want a watch you won’t feel on your wrist, a Skagen (or very similar brand Bering) is a good choice for not a lot of cash.

Name:  492B3982-CD41-4015-9911-F757F2D4DD87.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  51.1 KB

You can find these on eBay well under $100 from a number of sellers. 38mm wide by 8mm thick. I think it’s a nice looking and easy to read watch that would be easy to wear.

I have Skagen. Got it as a gift. Love the watch. 2d battery. No problems. Some designs are absolutely stunning. Fit and finish are nice. I have problem with crown, it bit uncomfortable on my wrist, but you should try it yourself. Would recommend them. They come with lifetime warranty on mechanism.
    Despite some bad view of fashion watches, there is nothing wrong with solid mainstream quartz internals. They are very solid and will run for 10-s of years. Both Skagen and Fossil alike.
    Older models had different internals, more loud. New (2012 and younger) are fine.
    It should be special!

I was given a titanium one on a mesh bracelet by my daughter. It is a good looking watch that has run accurately for a couple of years now. Fit and finish is better than I would have expected in the price range. The watch is ultra-thin compared to most watches in my collection.
    BrianMcKay likes this.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information