Huckleberry & Co. Atticus (previusly known as Archibald) - Bauhaus/Minimalist with Miyota 9132
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RickyF

Thread: Huckleberry & Co. Atticus (previusly known as Archibald) - Bauhaus/Minimalist with Miyota 9132

Huckleberry & Co. Atticus (previusly known as Archibald) - Bauhaus/Minimalist with Miyota 9132

I recently received the Huckleberry & Co. Atticus Products | Huckleberry & Co. (originally named Archibald on their Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ic-watch-by-ha) and overall I'm quite satisfied with the watch.

It's a bauhaus/minimalist watch with flat sapphire and a Miyota 9132 automatic movement.

Official measurements from their website:

- Face diameter 40mm
    - Height 11.7mm
    - Lug width 20mm
    - Case length including lug 48mm
    - Full length including strap 24.5cm
    It is the first watch I buy from a Kickstarter campaign, I liked the overall design and gave it a try. There was a bit of shipping delay but I wasn't in a hurry.

The price at Kickstarter started at about 288$/253€ plus shipping, which I think it was good considering the characteristics of the watch. Fortunately I was lucky and I didn't have to pay extra custom duties or taxes on arrival.

A few pictures from reviews and from the company, not mine:

It looks thicker than it's as the height is almost the same across the whole case. It's about 10,5mm at the edges and about 12mm at the center (about 0,5mm thicker than a SARB033 at the center). But I guess the extra thickness at the edges will make it a bit less comfortable to wear with shirts in comparison with a more traditional case shape.

It has the Miyota 9132 movement, the same movement as the well known Junkers 6060-5 Bauhaus Junkers 6060-5 - features

This is the first watch I have with a Miyota 9000 series (I already have a watch with a 8000 series movement) and it seems to run nicely so far.

I have the rose gold version with brown strap. I think maybe it would look better with a darker shade of brown.

As far as I know it's not an homage, I think they picked design clues from several bauhaus style watches, but it reminds a bit like a Nomos Metro and Lambda mix:

Some reviews:

Huckleberry and Co Archibald Watch Review | Watch It All About
    Hands-on with the Huckleberry & Co. Archibald - worn&wound
    Huckleberry & Co. Archibald — hands-on review | WatchPaper

Re: Huckleberry & Co. Atticus (previusly known as Archibald) - Bauhaus/Minimalist with Miyota 9132

Looks great!

Re: Huckleberry & Co. Atticus (previusly known as Archibald) - Bauhaus/Minimalist with Miyota 9132

I saw this when it was reviewed a while ago, a preview version someone had.

Over all, you've got a watch that's pretty and works. My personnal preference would be for stainless steel, but rose gold is fine.

The one thing I don't think is quite right is the hands, they're too thin for the proportions of the dial/rehaut/bezel. They've done it as a deliberate distinguishing feature, but I don't think it works.
    One other feature would be the glass. When using such a distinctive tuna can shape, domed glass softens the outline and improves the look.

Over all you've got a very attractive watch. The spareness of the dial is genuinely beautiful. Being as reasonably low production run, independent brand, it will certainly garner interest.
    Last edited by catsteeth; June 24th, 2016 at 20:59.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi all, my name is Ricky and I am the founder of Huckleberry & Co. Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback!
    Thanks for backing us @reserpor!.
    @catsteeth RE: Tuna can feedback (nice comparison!) ideally, the movement would be thinner and we were considering a domed crystal but it added a bit too much height with an already stretched height measurement already.

We're starting on a second design at the moment so we'll be definitely taking away our learnings from the first model!
    robbery and 7oClockinLausanne like this.

Thanks for the review and finding those shots, OP.

I really like the look and features, and I'm looking for something with a Miyota 9000 series, and I thought this could've been an option... but that case thickness is just too much.

I've also attached a few more photos here - more can be seen via our instagram as well (@huckleberrywatch)

Name:  vsco-photo-1.jpg
Views: 768
Size:  348.5 KBName:  vsco-photo-2.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  294.0 KB
    Last edited by RickyF; July 30th, 2016 at 05:13.

Quote Originally Posted by danielari View Post
    I have this watch in rose gold and am willing to sell it. If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks!
    dan
    Try the sales forum on here - f29.

Thread Information