I dug in my heels and...

Thread: I dug in my heels and...

I dug in my heels and...

I won my battle with SNBC!

Here's a quick synopsis, sparing you most of the gory details:

Last December SNBC had a few pages of watches on clearance starting at $4.99. I saw an Android quartz I thought I'd try at $9.98 + $7.99 shipping and ordered it. It turned out the web prices were a mistake, but instead of cancelling the order, SNBC simply shipped the watch and charged me $59.98 + $7.99 shipping. After about a week of phone and e-mail communication, SNBC refused to either honor the advertised price or give me a written guarantee that they would be responsible for return shipping. Instead they sent me a pre-paid shipping label which stated $5.99 would be deducted from any refund!

I turned the matter over to my credit card company and was given an immediate $50 temporary credit. SNBC had 90 days in which to respond. They did not and the case is now closed in my favor. Oh yeah, somewhere along the line after I filed the dispute, without any explanation SNBC refunded my original $7.99 shipping charge. That one's a puzzler.

It sometimes pays to stick to your guns. Gentlemen, my $9.98 Android:

SNBC photos.
    Last edited by leewmeister; March 16th, 2007 at 20:35.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

Re: I dug in my heels and...

Well done Lee!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Re: I dug in my heels and...

Score one for the "Little Guy" !!!! :gold
    Way to go!
    Dave
    Regards, Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs Up Re: I dug in my heels and...

Quote Originally Posted by leewmeister View Post
    ...I saw an Android quartz I thought I'd try at $9.98 + $7.99 shipping and ordered it. It turned out the web prices were a mistake, but instead of cancelling the order, SNBC simply shipped the watch and charged me $59.98 + $7.99 shipping...
    ...I turned the matter over to my credit card company and was given an immediate $50 temporary credit. SNBC had 90 days in which to respond. They did not and the case is now closed in my favor. Oh yeah, somewhere along the line after I filed the dispute, without any explanation SNBC refunded my original $7.99 shipping charge...

SNBC photos.
    Sooo...you ended up getting this cool watch for a total of $9.98 and, ultimately, free shipping(minus possible phone charges and time spent in correspondence with SNBC, of course)?

Way to go, Lee! You stuck to your guns and you went toe-to-toe with the Big Dog...and won! :gold

I give this one two thumbs waaay up!

Thread Information