Incoming, what have you got in the mail (part 5) - Page 17
Like Tree43728Likes

Thread: Incoming, what have you got in the mail (part 5)

Page 17 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 517 1017 ... LastLast

Re: Incoming, what have you got in the mail (part 5)

Frakking fantastic! Finally got the bracelet. Took only 6 months. :P

JohnQFord, whoa, daniel_h and 19 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJoshGo View Post
    You and me both! I think I'll probably be going with British Racing Green...

Attachment 2205154
    Ohhhh! Decisions Decisions!!! I was planning to hit the plunge on this one and was waiting eagerly for the Kickstarter to open, till I found the G.Gerlach Enigma.

http://sklep.gerlach.org.pl/index.ph...tegory&path=81

I've always wanted a classic vintage barrel shaped case chronograph, but a bit on the large side!
    Again can't decide at all! Same movement and almost the same price!
    Need help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by blowfish89 View Post
    I'm also seeing them as full size pictures. But yesterday, just after neurogenesis posted the 32.5mm VSA alliance pic, the bottom bar read "This picture has been uglified, click to see it at its best" - when I refreshed the page this changed to "This picture has been resized, click to see it at its full resolution" :O
    Here's what happened, to the best of my recollection. When I first posted that image, it was re-scaled, but only a little bit smaller, and it had a black border around it. When you clicked on it it gave a popup with the full-size image. There was no banner that prompted you to click on it. That's what it looked like *to me*, the person who posted it, but to everyone else it looked like the small images we've seen lately, with the size banner prompting you to click the image for the full-size image.

Not knowing any of this, I edited the post to put in the text prompting you to click the image, and I changed my mind about what it should say a couple times. That's why you saw it change.

Once I figured out that everyone else saw my image differently, and then discovered that all the WUS-hosted images were going to the small format thingy, I got irked and went and created an account across the street.

Since then, there seems to have been a policy reversal and we are back to images not getting scaled. If it sticks, I'll stick around.

What I'd really like is a compromise, because I do hate images that are too big for the forum. Scale *those*, and not everything else.
    VSA Infantry Vintage auto, small Ambassador auto, Ambassador XL manual, 2 third-gen Officer autos, 4 first-gen Officers, 3 second-gen Officers, 8 Base Camps, small Dive Master, small Alliance Sport, first-gen Summit, 2 original Originals, new Original, Cavalry, 3 others ~ Sinn 556 A ~ Hamilton Khaki auto, Flight Timer ~ L&H Orthos ~ Seiko SARG005, SNZJ47, SNZJ47/SNKL07 mod, SNK801/3 mod, SNK80X Yobokies, 3 more SNK80X, second-gen orange Monster, field Monster, modded SBCA001, quartz chrono ~ Pulsar 2 civie RAF chronos ~ Vostok Komandirskie K-34 GMT ~ Gavox Curtis P-40 ~ Bombfrog BT25 ~ Orient Mako ~ Casio solar radio G-Shock ~ Citizen Nighthawk ~ Luminox Blackout ~ Mondaine 30mm ~ HMT LE Pilot ~ Momentum 3 M1s ~ Timex digital Expedition ~ Fossil Flight chrono ~ Nautica ~ DKNY ~ Hello Kitty

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really don't want too many microbrand watches but Backed the Kickstarter for the Helgray Silverstone earlier today. I'm still not sure if I will follow through with the pledge but I have a few days to decide. The G. Gerlach Enigma was also enticing but I don't like the hour/minute hands on that one and I have a Gerlach already.

The meca-quartz movement is new to me - can someone please explain the registers - is there a running seconds hand (non-chrono)? I saw that the Autodromo Protoripo with the same movement had a 24 hr register which I don't really like.
    Last edited by blowfish89; December 2nd, 2014 at 21:43.

Incoming, what have you got in the mail (part 5)

Quote Originally Posted by blowfish89 View Post
    I really don't want too many microbrand watches but Backed the Kickstarter for the Helgray Silverstone earlier today. I'm still not sure if I will follow through with the pledge but I have a few days to decide. The G. Gerlach Enigma was also enticing but I don't like the hour/minute hands on that one and I have a Gerlach already.

The meca-quartz movement is new to me - can someone please explain the registers - is there a running seconds hand (non-chrono)? I saw that the Autodromo Protoripo with the same movement had a 24 hr register which I don't really like.
    The meca-quartz do not have running seconds. And both my mecas have 24hr register.

Incoming, what have you got in the mail (part 5)

Quote Originally Posted by m0rt View Post
    The meca-quartz do not have running seconds. And both my mecas have 24hr register.
    Some of the mecaquartz movements do have running seconds at 6
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Frakking fantastic! Finally got the bracelet. Took only 6 months. :P

NICE!

How much did it end up costing? I have a Hammy on a leather strap, so would be interesting to know how much it was.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I'll stay with this one. That's a bit annoying though, I understand that the two dial panda layout looks nice and balanced, but a single register meca-quartz chrono without the 24hr register would be great as well (minimal like the Stowa fliegerchrono). Or just the 6 o clock running seconds and the 9 o clock 30 minute totalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_h View Post
    Ohhhh! Decisions Decisions!!! I was planning to hit the plunge on this one and was waiting eagerly for the Kickstarter to open, till I found the G.Gerlach Enigma.

http://sklep.gerlach.org.pl/index.ph...tegory&path=81

I've always wanted a classic vintage barrel shaped case chronograph, but a bit on the large side!
    Again can't decide at all! Same movement and almost the same price!
    Need help guys.
    I like the Helgray, but went for the Gerlach. I have other watches similar to the Silverstone, and I've looked longingly at the Zodiac Sea Dragon for a long time but could never decide 100% on a color combo that I really loved.

I'm on a phone!
    Steve

Pulled the trigger on one of these, I really like the unique minimalist design.

Name:  Slow Jo 02.jpg
Views: 1191
Size:  31.6 KB

Page 17 of 1128 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 117 517 1017 ... LastLast

Thread Information