Invicta Model and Quality Questions

Thread: Invicta Model and Quality Questions

Invicta Model and Quality Questions

Hi all, this is my first post in the forum. Learned lots of stuff already by just lurking. I'm considering buying an Invicta Speedway but I'm not clear on the differences in quality between the different models. I'm looking on Amazon and they have a Speedway model 9211 for $107 which has a japanese movement then they have the Swiss Speedway model 7025 for $218. Other than the movement does the quality differ? Like the case and bracelet. I would prefer a high quality bracelet with screws instead of pins etc.

I'm new to Invicta's and bewildered with the different models of basically the same watch. Same go's for the divers. Some as low as $99 others hitting $350.

Thanks!

Re: Invicta Model and Quality Questions

GAU-8,

Welcome aboard to the forum. I've not had direct experience with the particular Speedway model that you are looking at, however, it is one of popular Invicta models with Invicta collectors behind the Pro-Diver series. Invicta offers many of their popular designs, like the Pro-Diver and Speedway watches, in varying movement and material combinations to capture a wide-range of consumer price points. I've purchased Invicta watches with Japanese movements that had exactly the same fit-and-finish on the case and bracelet as a similar Invicta model in a "Swiss Made" version. In each case, the bracelet and case design were very high quality. Both of the Speedways you've mentioned appear to have solid end-links on the bracelet based off the internet pictures I've looked at. That being said, the overall quality of the bracelet will probably be the same in both versions. The Swiss quartz version (#7025) appears to have a sapphire crystal, while the model #9211 has a mineral crystal which is much less scratch-resistant. The Citizen-Miyota quartz movement powering the model #9211 should be just as accurate at the Swiss quartz movement, I believe it may be an ETA G-10, powering model #7025. So if you think you're not going to be hard on the watch face, you can save some bucks by going with the Japanese quartz model #9211 with the mineral crystal, because the other quality components will probably be a push. I believe the watch company Alpha also makes a Daytona-like homage watch. You may want to take a look at that brand also for better pricing. Good luck on your search!
    Regards,

Phil

"As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do." ~ Andrew Carnegie

between does two movements, i would go with Miyota.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The positions of the subdials seems to indicate that the 7025 model has a Ronda movement. My GF has a couple Speedways and hers have ISA movements. If the 7025 does have a Ronda 5030 or 5040 movement, it then has split functionality which is nice to have.

-s-

Thank you for the replies. I'm deciding between a Speedway or one of the Pro Divers. They all look pretty nice. I wear a Rolex oyster perpetual date model daily but I'm kinda wanting something larger for a change without spending 5g for a second watch.

Thanks!

Thread Information