Kennett Rose Gold Challenger 'Hands On'

Thread: Kennett Rose Gold Challenger 'Hands On'

Watchuseek Editor

Kennett Rose Gold Challenger 'Hands On'

Ernie Romers review of a Kennett Challenger Rose Gold watch

Name:  Pic 02.JPG
Views: 5165
Size:  69.2 KB

Kennett is a brand founded by Tom Kennett as a result of trying to buy something unusual and original for his industrial designer father’s 60th birthday. Not an easy task considering the man already had every gadget and then some.

The first watch Tom created remains one of the best selling, and is known as the Savro. A British firm, Tom explained that they source only the finest materials including mother of pearl, ceramic, high grade 316 stainless steel and coatings. And the components are assembled using fully qualified technicians.

Recently Tom was kind enough to send me not a Savro but another watch in his collection, a Challenger, or to give it its full title, the Challenger Watch Rose Gold Dial And Carbon Fibre Face With Black Leather Strap – you can see why I settle for just Challenger.

It’s a genre fusion watch, something between a sport and dress watch, which is designed to perform the dual role of being comfortable enough to wear at play and yet smart enough to flash around in the board room. I certainly found the watch comfortable, and was happy with the size and cushioned design of the case.

Name:  Pic 03.JPG
Views: 2545
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  Pic 04.JPG
Views: 1299
Size:  65.5 KB

To describe the watch, its case is made of 316 stainless steel with Rose Gold, Black or Chrome ion plating with a Tonneau cushion shape. There are two pushers set either side of the crown to operate the chronograph. The gold coloured hands have a small slither of lume for night time reading, as do the indices, and I like the red seconds hand too.

Name:  Pic 05.JPG
Views: 972
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  Pic 08.JPG
Views: 975
Size:  45.0 KB

Powering the watch is a Miyota Japanese engineered OS20 quartz movement. The watch has a dome mineral glass, stainless steel screw in case back and traditional Kennett engraved buckle on a calf crocodile effect srap. Water resistance is to 100 metres.

Name:  Pic 06.JPG
Views: 930
Size:  47.3 KB

Name:  Pic 10.JPG
Views: 913
Size:  58.8 KB

I think that black and gold is a good combination so I liked the contrast afforded by the colour combination. The chronometer sub-dials are positioned in a dashboard style cluster around the centre of the dial at 3, 6 and 9 o’clock with the date tucked away at 4:30pm. Speaking of tucking away, the watch is sufficiently streamlined to slip cleanly under even a quite tight shirt cuff.

Name:  Pic 07.JPG
Views: 861
Size:  62.8 KB

Name:  Pic 09.JPG
Views: 877
Size:  62.3 KB

It’s nicely put together, but perhaps one of the most impressive things about the watch considering the spec is the price. Just £260, and it’s backed with a two year mechanical warranty.

A Kennett for Christmas, why not?

Visit the Kennett Watches website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; November 26th, 2013 at 09:02.

Inactive

Re: Kennett Rose Gold Challenger 'Hands On'

"smart enough to flash around in the board room."

Thread Information