Lorus vs Bertucci
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Lorus vs Bertucci

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Lorus vs Bertucci

Lorus RXD425L8 or Bertucci Ventara? I like the recessed crystal on the Bertucci, but I’m afraid it’ll wear too big. Largest in my collection is Vostok Amphibia. I’m also afraid the lumebrite dial will be obnoxiously bright at random times.

The Lorus is about $20 cheaper than a Black Friday special for the Bertucci. And it’s case is titanium. Any suggestions? Both seem quite durable, and I’m not doing much more than swimming and standard dad-ing.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zzyzx likes this.

tcl

Re: Lorus vs Bertucci

My one gripe about the Bertucci's I've owned is that they all had fixed lugs instead of spring bars. I prefer two piece bands. I still have one Bertucci though because the dial color made up for the inability to put a two piece band on it.
    cubdog and Zzyzx like this.

Aside from the fixed lugs, did it wear okay? I’m normally a sub 40mm guy, and I fear the fixed lugs will make it wear too big.
    Zzyzx likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can't speak about the Lorus...never owned one. I do appreciate my Bertucci, though, for it's robust construction. I see the fixed lugs as an advantage. More than once I have swung a heavy ruck or duffel bag off my shoulder only to snag the strap on my watch...pa-Ting!...there goes the spring bar! I don't perceive that the fixed bars make it wear larger.
    Zzyzx and HenryKrinkle like this.

tcl

Quote Originally Posted by GoTribe View Post
    Aside from the fixed lugs, did it wear okay? I’m normally a sub 40mm guy, and I fear the fixed lugs will make it wear too big.
    I have a 6 7/8" wrist and I thought it looked fine size wise however it sat a little higher on wrist than I prefer due the band material under the watch.
    Zzyzx likes this.

Weird - one of my favorite features of Bertucci are the integrated spring bars (technically, they're not "fixed lugs," since all watches have fixed lugs...). It adds to their durability. Then again, I don't wear them to put neat straps on them, I wear them to beat the snot out of them. And they stand up to that swimmingly, and look great all along the way. I say get the Bertucci, though there are other styles and what not available. I like their "S" series - the steel ones, a lot.
    Zzyzx and blondygirl69 like this.
    "I think I may make bold to say, that there is neither any other Mechanical or Mathematical thing in the World that is more beautiful or curious in texture than this my watch or Timekeeper for the Longitude..." ~John Harrison F.R.S., 1759

My WIS Confessions

So for pure durability, sounds like Bertucci wins. I prefer nato straps so that’s not an issue (thanks for the correction on fixed spring bars vs lugs).
    Any votes / love for Lorus?
    tss88 and Zzyzx like this.

I ordered the Alba APBT209 which is also titanium but has a full lume dial & day/date. The lume is really good, a benchmark in my mind for comparison to all other lumes for brightness & duration; if you’re into that. Similar in my mind to the lorus in terms of quality.
    Zzyzx likes this.
    I chose my username because I like to howl at the lume. But only a full lume !

My experience with Bertucci has been great. Nothing has broken and no service required past new batteries occasionally. The fit and finish have proven to be sturdy. I prefer nato straps for any watch I intent to beat up, so I dont mind the fixed lugs at all. I have broken more than one springbar, so not having to worry about it is a plus. They would be better with sapphire instead of mineral glass but I am sure that would put them out of their price range.
    Zzyzx likes this.

Ventara's are on sale for $59.00 from Bertucci right now !!! Look here !!! (half way down the page)
    I have three watches from them (DX3, A-1S, A-2T) Bertucci Rocks & their straps Rule ... you can get some on a bracelet too.

Also ... they have a certified pre-owned page ... look here ... you can easily resell Bertucci's
    I got all three pre-owned, so easy ... e-mail them & they'll send a paypal invoice.

Pre-owned just means they have gone through quality control twice, new battery & already "wabied" so you don't have to think about it.
    Graded "A" "B" "C" ... new stuff put up all the time. There is a nice Green A-1S up now ($33 + $8 shipping = $41 total) you should check it !!!

Name:  ber1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  161.9 KB

I copped some shots for this thread from cyber space ...
    Last edited by tss88; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:23.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information