Melbourne Watch Co - 2018 Unofficial Thread
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Melbourne Watch Co - 2018 Unofficial Thread

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Melbourne Watch Co - 2018 Unofficial Thread

Just getting this started. Nothing specific to add but I figured it needs to be here for this well loved brand.
    - Jason

Re: Melbourne Watch Co - 2018 Unofficial Thread

Didn't Suj have some reveal at the SF Wind Up show? I know he hasn't even had time to get back home since that closed today, but if someone was there and visited with him at his booth, maybe they can fill in.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Melbourne were in Londinium for the P&C event not long back. Was unable to attend myself but it didn't stop me adding a blue Sorrento to my "get" list
    SKrishnan and s.aspey81 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sujain mentioned on his ABTW interview that there's a moonphase in the works that will feature a custom moon disc.

SteamJ, great idea to start this 2018 thread.

I really like this brand, purchased a few, and just like to see every now and again what's going on, and reading people's thoughts.

Sujain, I can scarcely believe how you've built this brand. Having your own boutique is incredible. And being able to start employing people for watch assembly just blew my mind. I'm so glad you've been able to grow your company, and you've been emboldened enough to take the risks. Melbourne is easily Australia's most significant city culturally, and you're in the right place, adding to that fabric. I'll tune in to read about your latest ventures and adventures. If there's a better place to do it than here, subtly let us know.
    SteamJ and roamer_fan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Time On My Hands View Post
    SteamJ, great idea to start this 2018 thread.

I really like this brand, purchased a few, and just like to see every now and again what's going on, and reading people's thoughts.

Sujain, I can scarcely believe how you've built this brand. Having your own boutique is incredible. And being able to start employing people for watch assembly just blew my mind. I'm so glad you've been able to grow your company, and you've been emboldened enough to take the risks. Melbourne is easily Australia's most significant city culturally, and you're in the right place, adding to that fabric. I'll tune in to read about your latest ventures and adventures. If there's a better place to do it than here, subtly let us know.
    Thank you very much for the kind words.

I've been very slack with posting to the forums this year, but this is certainly the best place for updates. I'll make sure I post here as well as on our Facebook page.

Thank you for starting this thread for us!

It's been awhile since I've done a proper update on here, so here goes! Where to start...hmmm....

We're now well and truly into our fifth year, with the five year anniversary coming up in October.

The workshop we set up last year as part of our showroom in Melbourne city is well and truly in the swing of things, with a third fulltime watch tech due to join the team next month, under the supervision of Mason, who I believe has posted a few times here in the past.

We have been a bit slack in terms of new models, with the focus having been on refreshing the existing range and expanding our marketing efforts to allow us to enter into the re-seller and distribution market internationally.

We are being carried in the UK by Page & Cooper and in Singapore by Watch Wonderland.

Yes, I was in London a few weeks ago attending a P&C event, which was great fun. If anyone in the UK is looking to purchase, please do so from them directly.

We are also getting set up with a US distributor and we will be attending JCK in Las Vegas in a few weeks time.

In terms of new models, we are working on a revised version of our Avalon, which I'll post up once I get some good pictures of the samples. I'm having a bit of trouble getting anything to look right on my phone because of the domed sapphire.

We are also working on a new Collins moonphase model. We had some samples made in 40mm, but I think we'll end up redesigning the case in 39mm with more elegant lines compared to the original.

That will have a Sellita SW-280 movement on which we will customise the moonphase disc to have the Australian Southern Cross constellation pattern.

Here's a preview of the current version, which will change soon.

Name:  21-05-2018 4-02-27 PM.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  97.2 KB

We will also be doing a bracelet version.

Given we're taking our time to get the design perfect, I'd say we'd only be releasing early next year. Pricing will be higher than our current range, likely around the $1250-1500AUD mark given the higher development costs.

Oh, the Wind^Up in San Fran was good fun as well!

We might do the NYC one in Q4 depending on logistics etc.

Cheers,

Suj.
    SteamJ, Disneydave, MEzz and 7 others like this.

"we will customise the moonphase disc to have the Australian Southern Cross constellation pattern."

Brilliant.

We are at JCK Las Vegas this weekend with our distributors.

Been a good show so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SteamJ, Disneydave and no-fi like this.

This just arrived today and I’m loving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SKrishnan, SteamJ, Mil6161 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information