My first watch
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: My first watch

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My first watch

Hi,

I'm nineteen and I've decided that I need a watch. I never wore one, except for cheap Casio plastic watches years ago. I'm not expert but I've done some research, and I need some advice.
    Here's what I'm lookin for:

1) Price:around 200€, but if I find something for less I won't complain

2) Something durable and good quality, I'm gonna wear it everyday

3) A minimalist design, nothing fancy: just the time and the date

4) A leather strap

What I've found is that I absolutely have to ignore brands like DW and MVMT, and the well made watches that I found (and that I like) since now are:

1) The Tissot Everytime:

It comes at 230€, and I really like the fact that it's Swiss made and the sapphire glass. My main concern is the dial dimension, since it's 42 mm. I've got a wrist circumference of around 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) and I'm afraid it'll look too big.

2) Citizen Eco Drive bm 7460 11e:

This comes at 129€, which is very good. I like the ecodrive function, but maybe the watch isn't as durable as the Tissot.

The other suggestions that I found were the Timex Fairfield, but I don't really love it, and something from Seiko, but I don't really like their design.

I'm open to any suggestion and opinion about what I found :)

Re: My first watch

The everytime is all dial, and will probably look to big on you. If I were you I would look in the 34-38 mm range.

At 200 you shouldn't limit yourself to Swiss watches, there is really no point in having swiss made on the dial. The tissot everytime has a clean minimalist dial. So if we extend the search to German watches, Sternglas with their affordable bauhaus style watches becomes a viable alternative.

The sternglas Naos is a 38mm watch with Ronda quartz, domed saphire crystal, date complication and a clean minimalist design. Several dial and strap choices as well. All up for 189 Euro.
    https://www.sternglas.de/products/na...29153441218630

You already mentioned Timex, did you also look at their Marlin series? At 34mm they have a classic size to match their traditional design language.
    Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bolner View Post
    Hi,

I'm nineteen and I've decided that I need a watch. I never wore one, except for cheap Casio plastic watches years ago. I'm not expert but I've done some research, and I need some advice.
    Here's what I'm lookin for:

1) Price:around 200‚, but if I find something for less I won't complain

2) Something durable and good quality, I'm gonna wear it everyday

3) A minimalist design, nothing fancy: just the time and the date

4) A leather strap

What I've found is that I absolutely have to ignore brands like DW and MVMT, and the well made watches that I found (and that I like) since now are:

1) The Tissot Everytime:

It comes at 230‚, and I really like the fact that it's Swiss made and the sapphire glass. My main concern is the dial dimension, since it's 42 mm. I've got a wrist circumference of around 6.5 inches (16.5 cm) and I'm afraid it'll look too big.

2) Citizen Eco Drive bm 7460 11e:

This comes at 129‚, which is very good. I like the ecodrive function, but maybe the watch isn't as durable as the Tissot.

The other suggestions that I found were the Timex Fairfield, but I don't really love it, and something from Seiko, but I don't really like their design.

I'm open to any suggestion and opinion about what I found :)
    Got just the watch for you. The Victorinox INOX. It is 42mm, but wears quite small. The quality and versatility is second to none.
    Name:  Victorinox INOX.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  3.52 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like you're already on the right path. Just keep doing research. At first I wasn't a fan of Seiko designs either, but they have so much more on offer than just the generic ones on Amazon's first results page.

For a great minimalist first watch (which is also automatic), Orient Bambino gen 2 v.3 is a good one. It's only like $100, a real bargain, and Orient is a great brand.
    Attached Images Attached Images

serge70 and Dub Rubb like this.

+1 for the orient bambino.

Any preference on the Dial colour?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Dub Rubb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Auto View Post
    +1 for the orient bambino.

Any preference on the Dial colour?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    The bambino is rather large. Not a huge fan of it on my 7 inch wrists. Can only imagine how it would fit on OPs 6.5 inch wrists.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
    Dub Rubb likes this.

Citizen make some great watches. You could pick this one up on the bracelet and then buy a leather strap you like the look of and still come under budget. It's 37mm which would be a great size and also has a sapphire crystal. BM6770-51G.

Name:  121998_5_1573732288766.jpg
Size:  69.5 KB
    Dub Rubb likes this.

Thank you, I really like the sternglas! I will seriously consider it.
    About the timex, isn't 34mm too small? I've found a 40mm version , is it the same watch for the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wiggles View Post
    Got just the watch for you. The Victorinox INOX. It is 42mm, but wears quite small. The quality and versatility is second to none.
    Name:  Victorinox INOX.jpg
Size:  3.52 MB
    Nice, but not really my style :)

Quote Originally Posted by john_marston View Post
    Sounds like you're already on the right path. Just keep doing research. At first I wasn't a fan of Seiko designs either, but they have so much more on offer than just the generic ones on Amazon's first results page.

For a great minimalist first watch (which is also automatic), Orient Bambino gen 2 v.3 is a good one. It's only like $100, a real bargain, and Orient is a great brand.
    That was another watch that continuously popped up during my research. I've considered it, and I like it, but I'm not totally convinced.
    Dub Rubb likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast