New Direnzo DRZ_02 is simply stunning...
Like Tree366Likes

Thread: New Direnzo DRZ_02 is simply stunning...

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

I have no connection to the company or project. Sergio Godoy Di Renzo showed me the design a few months back, asking me what I thought of it.

I was stunned.

I was and am flattered that he valued my opinion, but honestly, I didn't have any advice for him other than to make sure his dial supplier could make it the way he designed it, and it seems they have.

Full details here - The new DRZ_02! ? Direnzo Watches

EDIT - I'm pretty sure the diameter is actually 41mm withOUT crown, and the website is mistaken, at least based on what he told me in our private exchange.

Sleep better at night with Tapatalk. Your money goes up with the talk, but never down!
    Last edited by docvail; August 26th, 2018 at 00:46.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. Itís not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

48mm L2L is usually manageable for my tiny wrist but that flat case design has me worried a tiny bit. 22mm lug width, while seemingly appropriate for this particular case, is also unfortunate for me (I'm cheap, don't want to invest in 22mm straps, I've too many 20mms).

That being said, if I didn't already exhausted my watch fund for this year, I'll probably still play. Heck, I have 2 months to come up with the funds.

Thanks for sharing doc.
    docvail and JakeJD like this.

Re: New Direnzo DRZ_02 is simply stunning...

I'll agree - a very impressive watch. And 41 mm including crown is not too large. This one is worth watching for.
    Dave
    docvail likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Panerai meets Seiko recraft..........and that's not a bad thing. Love the shape of that case and the layered dial. Nice watch.

Quote Originally Posted by househalfman View Post
    48mm L2L is usually manageable for my tiny wrist but that flat case design has me worried a tiny bit. 22mm lug width, while seemingly appropriate for this particular case, is also unfortunate for me (I'm cheap, don't want to invest in 22mm straps, I've too many 20mms).

That being said, if I didn't already exhausted my watch fund for this year, I'll probably still play. Heck, I have 2 months to come up with the funds.

Thanks for sharing doc.
    I thought the case looked a little long and flat, too, but I think the overall shape will offset any lack of curve in the lugs.

Sleep better at night with Tapatalk. Your money goes up with the talk, but never down!
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. Itís not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

That is a very nice design. Love how the case shape makes it look so thin. Colorways are nice too.

Possibly too big for my scrawny wrist though, what with the case being pretty flat and square-ish

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    docvail and Cosmodromedary like this.

I may be imagining it, but zoom in on the image of the underside of the case, particularly under the lugs. The case does look pretty flat from the side, but it looks like the underside has a bit of a concave surface, which should help it sit snug to the wrist, I'd think.

If I am just imagining it, I doubt it'd sit any flatter than so many overly thick watches, which hide their girth with thinner case walls and bulging casebacks.

Either way, I think it's a really amazing and creative design. Many people complain about homages and the lack of originality in new models, especially from micros. Well, here's an opportunity for those people to put their money where their incessant online kvetching has been.

The design is quite original, the price seems quite fair for the specs, and it isn't the first model from this brand. I think it deserves some attention, and hope Sergio does really well with it, because that sort of risk-taking from a small company should be rewarded.

And for me, it's now on my radar. That's definitely new and the side profile really sells it.

My issue is "will I tolerate something as small as 41mm, but the case design and 22mm lug width should make it a very safe buy for me. I'm glad I have some time to think about it, because it's going to come down to my last purchase of the year and I may earmark that for 'cruise watches.'
    docvail and Perdendosi like this.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Iíll add that his first campaign was managed brilliantly. Sergio actually shipped one month ahead of schedule.
    Iíll surely back his new watch if I have the funds. Pricing is surely lower than what I thought.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    docvail and Perdendosi like this.

Great looking watches. Agree with others that the sizing may not work out for me though as well.
    docvail likes this.
    %99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information