New Invicta 8926... Feedback?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Invicta 8926... Feedback?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Invicta 8926... Feedback?

I read just about every post here that mentions Invicta and was surprised that there was no mention of Woot's recent sale of the Invicta 8926 for $65 plus $5 shipping.

It seemed like too good a deal to pass up, after I read up on the watch.

Anyway, I got mine yesterday and am pleased with the overall build, feel and quality. I like the stock band (but agree that I could do without the word "Invicta" carved into the side of the case!)..

Any thoughts on the price I paid? Since I definitely consider Woot a better place to buy than ebay, I figured I did pretty well.

How about care and maintenance of my first automatic? I currently wear a Buulova Millennia quartz, but I'm going to make the Invicta my new everyday watch. At most it will go 24 hrs without a wearing on the weekends, which I assume should be sufficient to keep it in good time (or not?). I also will most likely wear this watch sailing (which may involve the occasional submersion... not really diving... more like falling!). Should I have the gaskets changed / checked annually Or less frequently? I will always rinse the salt water off the watch, off course.

Also... for service... seems like Invicta's service department doesn't get the highest points... any other recommendations for service, or am I pretty much stuck with them?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance,
    Peter

Re: New Invicta 8926... Feedback?

Congrats, Peter. The 8926 is one of the few Invictas that everybody seems to agree on... it's a winner!

You got it for a great price! These days they seem to be going for $100-$125 plus shipping at most places.

You shouldn't have any troubles it using it as you've described. just be sure the crown is screwed down before dunking it. If any problems do arise, you've got Nvicta's warranty which, by my experience, should take care of things.

I always hand wind mine daily when I'm not wearing it.

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO WUS!!! Stick around and join in the fun!!!
    Last edited by leewmeister; March 9th, 2006 at 21:37.
    Lee Meister
    Moderator - Tissot & Affordables
    Houston, Texas

What a long, strange trip it's been... - The Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by plyons10
    I read just about every post here that mentions Invicta and was surprised that there was no mention of Woot's recent sale of the Invicta 8926 for $65 plus $5 shipping.

It seemed like too good a deal to pass up, after I read up on the watch.

Anyway, I got mine yesterday and am pleased with the overall build, feel and quality. I like the stock band (but agree that I could do without the word "Invicta" carved into the side of the case!)..

Any thoughts on the price I paid? Since I definitely consider Woot a better place to buy than ebay, I figured I did pretty well.

How about care and maintenance of my first automatic? I currently wear a Buulova Millennia quartz, but I'm going to make the Invicta my new everyday watch. At most it will go 24 hrs without a wearing on the weekends, which I assume should be sufficient to keep it in good time (or not?). I also will most likely wear this watch sailing (which may involve the occasional submersion... not really diving... more like falling!). Should I have the gaskets changed / checked annually Or less frequently? I will always rinse the salt water off the watch, off course.

Also... for service... seems like Invicta's service department doesn't get the highest points... any other recommendations for service, or am I pretty much stuck with them?

Thanks for your thoughts in advance,
    Peter
    Hi Peter, and welcome! You picked one of Invicta's few winners for a starter. I have an 8928 that's one of my favorites, although it doesn't get much wrist time anymore. I've never had it cleaned, or serviced, in 4 years, and it runs like a champ. I've gotten it wet (swimming, bathing the kids), and just rinsed it off it was soapy, etc, and nary a leak. I think the biggest danger as far as the gaskets go is wearing it while you go from hot to cold, e.g. jacuzzi's. There have been many here who have done exactly that though, and have had no problems whatsoever.
    As far as servicing goes, you can probably get most things done by your local jeweler, unless you have a catastrophic failure, and want to have the whole thing replaced. If that's the case, you're stuck w/ Invicta's service. On the other hand, big service/cleaning, etc, will probably cost you more than a new watch would cost, so I'd keep that in mind. Would be kind of like taking a hamster to the vet, cheaper to flush it and get a new one B-) .
    Hope this helps a little.
    David
    Last edited by sleddog218; March 9th, 2006 at 21:39. Reason: syntax

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well, what is a Woot? :-S for that kind of price i would Love to get me one of those.

"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    I'm a woot-er, he's a woot-er, she's a woot-er, wouldn't you like to be a woot-er too! (be a woot-er, buy your stuff from woot-er)
    Interesting place. I'm now a member, just waiting for them to start the Woot for the sub-aqua II for $150 :-D
    David

Should have searched for woot. Because I always try to let my fellow buddies know about a deal.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...highlight=woot
    Didn't get any play on here except for Oscar. Generally Oscar always tries to give me a mercy reply.:-D

I've had my 8926 for 4 yerars now (old version with the coin edge). I've never done a thing to it and it's my everyday watch. I beat this thing around and not even the slightest scratch on the crystal!!! It's amazing. I've thought several times that "oh, that's going to leave a scratch", but no!!

It runs about 4 minutes a month fast - very acceptable!!!

Wow! I love this watch!!!
    So many watches, so little time...

Wow!! What great feedback. I thought it was a great deal, and I'm sorry I didn't find this forum on the day the deal was offered (sorry, but all Woot deals are for one day only) or I would have posted it here. Clearly you guys know what TF is going on with affordable automatic timepieces.

I'm more thrilled than ever to have this piece and will definitely report back with it's performance going forward.

So far I'm pretty happy with my 8926.

Certainly the watch looks as good on my wrist as it did on line or in the box!

Just marked the accuracy for the first time today, and as I thought, it's running a tad fast... picked up about 90 seconds over the past 6 days. That's sort of worse than I would have hoped for, and can be somewhat meaningful to me, as I commute daily by train. I thought it might do a bit better as I hardly wore it over the weekend and would assume it might have lost a few ticks while it ran down (it seems to have a solid 36 + hour reserve, no?)

I'll just have to establish the habit of resetting the watch every Monday morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information