New-ish Citizen Bullhead
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New-ish Citizen Bullhead

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New-ish Citizen Bullhead

I’ve been in the lookout for bullhead chronos for a while, just as a novelty I appreciate not really actively seeking one out, Straton was making one of the only new ones for a while, imagine my surprise to see this pop up at Macy’s as I was killing some time.

Looks like it was actually released at the end of 2018 and I haven’t seen chatter about it, more on Hodinkee.

Eco-Drive with Power Reserve (at 9)
    45mm diameter, 15mm thick
    Proprietary bracelet (most likely not finding straps or natos to fit, or even adapters)
    Sapphire Crystal
    Alarm function (crown at 5)
    “Flyback” seconds hand — which I take to be like Seiko’s MechaQuartz functionality, it acted as such when I tried it in-store.

$895 list price, but after stacked discounts the actual price was closer to $550 or so, which is approximately what it’s going for on amazon.

Name:  61u7VYVMbcL._AC_UX679_.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  118.0 KB

Hadn’t seen much posted, just a heads up to other bullhead fans.

Re: New-ish Citizen Bullhead

Wow looks complicated futuristic!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Ah, at first glance I hoped that was a 12-hour totalizer, but alas, just an alarm! Looks cool anyway, though. Have to laugh at the position of the date window. They had to put it somewhere, I suppose.
    mougino likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, the Tsunos were a Baselworld 2018 launch, but they took their sweet time getting them to market ~6 months later.

They're definitely nice, and in the high $400s to around $500 is as cheap as I've sen them.
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Guy View Post
    Ah, at first glance I hoped that was a 12-hour totalizer, but alas, just an alarm! Looks cool anyway, though. Have to laugh at the position of the date window. They had to put it somewhere, I suppose.
    I believe you saw correctly and it is a 12hr totalizer, the alarm is set by a 4th hand on the central stack, as seen in it's non-rotated brethren: Promaster AV0030
    Sir-Guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OvrSteer View Post
    Yeah, the Tsunos were a Baselworld 2018 launch, but they took their sweet time getting them to market ~6 months later.

They're definitely nice, and in the high $400s to around $500 is as cheap as I've sen them.
    if the blue model were more... blue, with normal lugs, and in the high $400s when I saw it I probably would have gotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyleth View Post
    I believe you saw correctly and it is a 12hr totalizer, the alarm is set by a 4th hand on the central stack, as seen in it's non-rotated brethren: Promaster AV0030
    Well hey, go figure. Thanks. Someone I know was looking for a solar quartz 12-hour chronograph, so I will suggest this one to him to consider.

That looks the biz. Congratulations.

The tan/pearl one is on my list but too many other watches I want to drop $500 on it. I did get a chance to handle them on my last trip to NYC; very substantial feeling. I'll probably pick up a promaster tough and an Ecozilla first though.

I like Citizens, I like bullheads, I love solar, but I could never buy nor wear that watch. The date window at 130 is horrible and totally wrecks the watch for me, judg69
    Life is short. Enjoy the ride!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information