New NATOS strap company - Cincy Strap Works - mini review - Page 54
Like Tree1400Likes

Thread: New NATOS strap company - Cincy Strap Works - mini review

Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Re: New NATOS strap company - Cincy Strap Works - mini review

Quote Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post
    Couple of the straps have a scratchy seam that sits right on the sensitive under/inner wrist area.
    Anyone else have this?
    Unlucky fluke or go away over time?

Would like to order again based on designs and pricing, but I'm now a bit hesitant.
    I got to go with fluke. I have a bit of various sizes and types and none are scratchy. I know what you are talking about because I have some from other stores. What I usually do in that case is to use a nail file or buffer to buff it smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by velvet396 View Post
    Couple of the straps have a scratchy seam that sits right on the sensitive under/inner wrist area.
    Anyone else have this?
    Unlucky fluke or go away over time?

Would like to order again based on designs and pricing, but I'm now a bit hesitant.
    I actually have that on a strap I ordered during the Memorial Day sale as well - pretty annoying but my plan is to use some sandpaper to file it down. I would guess it's somewhat unavoidable if the straps will be stitched for some of them to be a bit imperfect.
    Casio G-Shock G-Lide GWX-5600C-7JF - Casio Oceanus OCW-T200S-1AJF - Seiko SARB065 - Seiko SPB051 - Squale 1521 Blue/Polished - Vostok Amphibia 420059

Quote Originally Posted by nyonya View Post
    I actually have that on a strap I ordered during the Memorial Day sale as well - pretty annoying but my plan is to use some sandpaper to file it down. I would guess it's somewhat unavoidable if the straps will be stitched for some of them to be a bit imperfect.
    Correct. It does happen with stitched straps sometimes. The way I've had the most success is using a lighter to heat the scratchy thread end up, and then just use the end of the lighter to smush the melted part of the thread down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zachste View Post
    Correct. It does happen with stitched straps sometimes. The way I've had the most success is using a lighter to heat the scratchy thread end up, and then just use the end of the lighter to smush the melted part of the thread down.
    That's an interesting thought, I'll give it a shot! Need to go get a lighter anyway to turn the straps into RAF-style ;)
    zachste likes this.
    Casio G-Shock G-Lide GWX-5600C-7JF - Casio Oceanus OCW-T200S-1AJF - Seiko SARB065 - Seiko SPB051 - Squale 1521 Blue/Polished - Vostok Amphibia 420059

That's an interesting thought, I'll give it a shot! Need to go get a lighter anyway to turn the straps into RAF-style ;)
    If you have a gas stove this works the best for that. Heat up a butter knife on the range top, use butter knife to cut through, and then I use the butter knife to melt down the edge that was just cut if need be.
    nyonya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zachste View Post
    If you have a gas stove this works the best for that. Heat up a butter knife on the range top, use butter knife to cut through, and then I use the butter knife to melt down the edge that was just cut if need be.
    That's a great idea! I'll give that a try tonight. Surprised no one else has ever suggested that.

For any orders going forward, would you be able to make the straps RAF-style if I put it in the order notes? Thanks!

That's a great idea! I'll give that a try tonight. Surprised no one else has ever suggested that.

For any orders going forward, would you be able to make the straps RAF-style if I put it in the order notes? Thanks!
    Yea I could possibly do that.
    Jguitron and kpjimmy like this.

Dang it Zach I was actually looking forward to the candy this time at work!! I opened it up and was greeted with a "sorry Jim" note LMAO.
    zachste likes this.

Hi Guys,

I just acquired a Seiko SKX031 that I'm very excited to wear, but it came on a bracelet that's maybe one link too short. "NATO time!", I said. I was about to order from C&B, but after doing a few searches, Cincy seemed to keep popping up near the top of a lot of lists, just under some of the premium manufactures. When I say premium, I mostly talking price. These look like they're great quality, and I can't complain about the price.

Anyways, I listened to the people and have 3 on the way. I'm in Canada, so probably a few more days wait, but I'm very excited to check these out. I've heard nothing but praise!

I've got a Navy milspec, Olive milspec, and the "supple" Bond coming. Twiddling thumbs for now...
    Jguitron, kpjimmy and zachste like this.
    Rolex GMT Master II 16710, Rolex Datejust 116223, Zenith 2542, Seiko SKX031, Seiko SKX173

This looks to be nice watch with nice strap! Cool combo!

Quote Originally Posted by kpjimmy View Post

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    kpjimmy likes this.

Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread Information