One of those like this but cheaper threads...small, white dial, arabic numerals (Breguet?)

Thread: One of those like this but cheaper threads...small, white dial, arabic numerals (Breguet?)

One of those like this but cheaper threads...small, white dial, arabic numerals (Breguet?)

Recently come across this gorgeous piece from RS Watch co from Iceland but while I'd love to own it one day it's too much for right now (£1000+). I know Sea-Gull make something similar but I'm interested to know if anyone else does anything similar in the sub $500 bracket. Other than the looks size is the key thing, must be around 38mm. Thanks!
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Re: One of those like this but cheaper threads...small, white dial, arabic numerals (Bregu

It is a bit tricky to know what you mean by "something similar", because I cannot tell which are the essential design clues you are after. Shooting from the hip I guess you want a silver colour case, white dial, railway track minute markers, Arabic numerals, onion crown, coin-edge, centre second and Breguet hands.

What comes to mind immediately are a couple of Vostoks:

Not exactly Breguet hands and solver coloured.

This is a little cheaper, black Breguet hands, but no onion crown and with red second hand.

Re: One of those like this but cheaper threads...small, white dial, arabic numerals (Bregu

Sorry, yes I could have been a bit clearer in my requirements. I want all of the design features - case, crown, dial design, hands, etc.
    The Vostoks are both spot on, but I guess the other thing is that I'm after something better quality than the Sea-Gull would be. The design I a classic one so I'm sure there must be a number of similar watches at higher price points (just lower than the JS watch co!)
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a pic of the Sea-Gull M185S
    Last edited by whatmeworry; November 21st, 2010 at 10:27.

I do not believe the quality of both the Vostoks are likely to disappoint; they are a cut - or three - above the better-known Komandirskies and such sports watches. But then the Sea-Gull has date at 6 and day at 12, so it's a bit different from my assumptions of your requirements.

That's a fair point about the date window, although to be honest the difference in position doesn't bother me (and in fact I like the Chinese day on the Sea-Gull).
    I'll admit that my experience of Vostoks is limited to my Amphibias so I might do a bit more research on the 2 you posted, which certainly have the right look. Thanks.

Thread Information