Pancor P03 Thoughts?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pancor P03 Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pancor P03 Thoughts?

The Pancor P03 is launching on Kickstarter later today and I’m interested. But... apart from one review by the Time Bum there’s been nothing else anywhere. Nothing on any of the watch review sites and nothing on YouTube. They have successfully funded two previous watches on Kickstarter and both seem to get favourable commentary so that implies they know what they’re doing and they have a presence on Instagram which is followed by a good number of watch people but seems like they don’t have any PR beyond Instagram which is curious these days when even the dodgy chancers can buy an advertorial. Is any WUS checking them out and thinking of pledging? Had experience of them before? Their previous campaigns only just squeaked over the funding line. Also, no, I’m not affiliated with the brand... and nobody else seems to be either. I’d appreciate anyone’s thoughts?
    If I had much fewer watches I could afford a Black Bay by now. You see my difficulty.

Re: Pancor P03 Thoughts?

The brand owner is active on Facebook. I see him in the Microbrands group. Marc Schutten is his name, I believe.

Not every microbrand owner is active on this or other forums. Many FB groups require brand owners to be group sponsors in order to promote new models, so it can be tough for a small brand to get the word out and engage.

Further compounding the challenge for new customers is that there's often limited time available to get a prototype sample out to multiple reviewers in the lead-up to a new model launch on KS or in pre-order. Many blogs and reviewers don't want to review startups, and/or have difficulty posting their reviews on the timeline the brand owners need.

As a rule of thumb, previous successful projects are a good sign. I wouldn't worry too much about how many backers they had or how much over the goal they were. I'd rely more on backer comments on the project page, and online, both on forums and in FB groups.

There's always the possibility that a previously successful brand will suddenly $hlt the bed on backers, but that's a risk when you buy anything sight-unseen, before there are any reviews to rely upon.

Generally, with micros, "no news is good news" when it comes to customer feedback. If customers are generally unhappy following a release, someone will start handing out pitchforks and torches. If one guy is starting trouble, and everyone else is happy, you'll see that. But if things generally went okay, it's not uncommon for there to be no one online talking about it, because there's no big reason to be talking about a new release that was delivered 6 months or longer ago.

Lastly, I think Marc is based in Europe. It's not uncommon for startups to focus their efforts in their own region, so you may find that there are more backers of past projects in the EU, and asking about Pancor on some EU forums (other than English-speaking) may yield more results.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by docvail; 3 Weeks Ago at 15:08.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks Doc, that’s really great advice. Appreciate you taking the time to do it. I think it’s a definite back for me.
    If I had much fewer watches I could afford a Black Bay by now. You see my difficulty.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Marc posts on Reddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/com...diver_preview/

I like the blue dial!

Name:  final.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  612.7 KB

X2-Elijah likes this.
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

I’m Marc the owner of the brand. I will be launching this watch later today.

Tomorrow wrist watch review UK is posting a review. Unfortunately the bigger website won’t write about the most start ups anymore. Believe me I tried. You basically have to know someone or pay for it.

I hoping Microbrand watch world is the next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_pancorwatch View Post
    I’m Marc the owner of the brand. I will be launching this watch later today.

Tomorrow wrist watch review UK is posting a review. Unfortunately the bigger website won’t write about the most start ups anymore. Believe me I tried. You basically have to know someone or pay for it.

I hoping Microbrand watch world is the next in line.
    Welcome Marc! Feel free to keep us up to date in this thread. :)
    Never spend more than $100 on a Mushroom!

Hi Marc, nice to meet you (as such). I’ll definitely be on Kickstarter later to try to get an early bird pledge. I’m getting Oris Diver 65 vibes from the black dial old radium model. Looking forward to seeing reviews.

I’m on board! Thankfully some additional time to determine which color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone, thanks for the warm welcome. Here's the review by Mike from the wirst watch review UK.

https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/panco...k-on-the-wrist

Quote Originally Posted by Kjo43 View Post
    I’m on board! Thankfully some additional time to determine which color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You still have some time to make up your mind :) I would recommend blue of green.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information