PILOT WATCH FLIEGER XL1?- please help, advice, reputation, review, thoughts.......
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: PILOT WATCH FLIEGER XL1?- please help, advice, reputation, review, thoughts.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused PILOT WATCH FLIEGER XL1?- please help, advice, reputation, review, thoughts.......

Hi everyone,

I need some help. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? Been looking for a bit and can not find anything about them. Would love some help if possible about making a decision on this watch. Appreciate it. Thank you.

Here is the information:
    pilot Watch

Flieger XL1 is inspired by the famous World War II era aviator watch. It has a large matt black dial with clear indexes and numerals for easy reading in the dimm cockpit of the fighter plane.

Flieger’s large watch case is made from Titanium with screw in display back. The case is non reflective and the greyish appearance added the military appeal to the watch. This is the natural beauty of titanium, hypo allergic, light in weight which is important for a large wrist watch.

Flieger XL1 is powered by a mechanical wind movement with 40 hours of power reserve. The bright orange second hand at 9 position is designed for easy reading and also a distinctive feature for the watch.

The big onion shaped crown has the added advantage for easy winding and retaining the unique vintage character.

Flieger XL1 is created by an enthusiastic watch collector for other collector/enthusiast of aviator watches.

Price: $399 USD

Free shipping by Express Post with tracking number

Functions and Specifications

Movement : Calibre 9011

Manual wind movement with 40 hours power reserve

Case : Titanium with onion shape crown

Back : Titanium display screw back case

Crystal: Low dome reinforced mineral glass with anti-scratch treatment.

Hands: Super Luminova hour, minute and sub second hand.

WR: 5ATM

Strap: Black Nato strap

Diameter : 45mm without crown

Lug to lug : 52mm

Lug width : 22mm

Thickness : 11mm

Weight: 51g

Come with a box and I year warranty on mechanical movement.

Name:  F1.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  shapeimage_3.png
Views: 1150
Size:  80.1 KB

Name:  shapeimage_1.png
Views: 1119
Size:  48.7 KB

Thank you for looking and helping.

Last edited by Pablito; July 12th, 2012 at 18:53. Reason: more info & pictures
    Pablito
    -Oris Big Crown ProPilot Air Racing Edition IV L.E., Oris TT3 RUF CTR3 Chrono L.E. x2, Oris Chronoris GP'70 Chrono/GMT L.E., Oris TT3 Chrono S.S., Oris WilliamsF1 Team (Orange), Tag Heuer F1 Chrono (Red), Vintage Bulova Gold Whale Watch (1960), Omega Constellation 35mm two-tone date, Magrette New Moana Pacific Chrono PVD L.E.

Re: PILOT WATCH FLIEGER XL1?- please help, advice, reputation, review, thoughts.......

I doubt it's a Swiss movement, so it's too expensive.

400$ for probably a Sea-Gull ST36 without sapphire, on a nato, no way. A Sea-Gull M222 is 270$. A Ticino Big Pilot goes for 220$ with sapphire and an automatic Sea-Gull.

Steinhart goes for around 500$ for a Swiss, with sapphire and nice straps. With an excellent name on top.

Re: PILOT WATCH FLIEGER XL1?- please help, advice, reputation, review, thoughts.......

thank you, appreciate it. Should probably stick with a German brand for this type of watch.
    Pablito
    -Oris Big Crown ProPilot Air Racing Edition IV L.E., Oris TT3 RUF CTR3 Chrono L.E. x2, Oris Chronoris GP'70 Chrono/GMT L.E., Oris TT3 Chrono S.S., Oris WilliamsF1 Team (Orange), Tag Heuer F1 Chrono (Red), Vintage Bulova Gold Whale Watch (1960), Omega Constellation 35mm two-tone date, Magrette New Moana Pacific Chrono PVD L.E.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the Stowa Flieger but haven't got the 1600+ Euros to spend on it. So it is in my wishlist.
    Can't see anything wrong with the SeaGull - very good movement as far as I read all over and reliable watches for 1/7 of the price with a sapphire crystal and 2 years warranty though I doubt the quality of luminescence .
    Last edited by jackrobinson; July 12th, 2012 at 20:44.

Thanks, I think that might be on my wish list too. Agree with you about the luminescence, to good to be true;)
    jackrobinson likes this.
    Pablito

looks 100% Chinese. check out the $90 Alpha Titanium Pilot. I think its the same. Same case and movement.

The Alpha is almost certainly the same watch, so that is a good rec. You can also get the same watch, but in a steel case, from Manbushijie.com as a "Parnis".

Personally, I don't like having the small seconds dial on a b-uhr flieger, as that isn't what the originals had. Might as well go for a more convenient automatic movement, and have the front look right. Ticino is certainly a good affordable source for center-dial and automatic b-uhr watches. However, if you were considering spending $400, then a Steinhart or Laco (one of the original b-uhr producers) are both great options.
    All that glitters isn't chrome.

-

my watches: Christopher Ward - Orient - Enicar vintage watches - Wenger - Seiko 5 - Orient Star - DOXA (vintage)

Awesome information, thank you.
    Pablito

Ogi

I had same dilemma recently. After many advice on forums my choice was Archimede Pilot XLH with ETA 6498 TOP.
    After 6 days since paid still not arrived so not sure how it is. Will post few photos once arrive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the caliber 9011 is a japanese made movement. By Miyota if I'm not mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information